OFFICIAL De Garde + Tillamook County Thread!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

degardebrewing

Reaction score
CPtAD9T_d.jpg
CHEESE.

Last edited:
degardebrewing, are your guys' hours going to be any different over Thanksgiving weekend than they are usually? I'm going to try to make it there on Friday or Saturday, depending on what happens with Mt. Hood, but if you're going to be closed either or both days that would be nice to know. Cheers!

degardebrewing, are your guys' hours going to be any different over Thanksgiving weekend than they are usually? I'm going to try to make it there on Friday or Saturday, depending on what happens with Mt. Hood, but if you're going to be closed either or both days that would be nice to know. Cheers!

Will keep you updated...
If we're not here, then we almost certainly will have someone running the shop.
I'd say you're more than safe to plan for Friday and/or Saturday. Even if we skip town, should be back by then.

We are going to be closed Thursday, Friday and Saturday. We are however available both before and after if it fits your schedule. Our apologies for not being more available, but we're taking some needed family time. Just give a shout if you're headed this way!

We are going to be closed Thursday, Friday and Saturday. We are however available both before and after if it fits your schedule. Our apologies for not being more available, but we're taking some needed family time. Just give a shout if you're headed this way!

Totally understandable! I'll try to catch you guys on my next trip back to Oregon (August for sure, possibly sooner).

Hey man, for some reason I didn't clue in until I saw your Facebook post that this offer included Sunday (yeah, I'm slow like that...). If you guys are planning to possibly open up for a little bit on Sunday for some visitors I'd love to drop by. Would be happy to bring a couple of goodies from the Southeast to share as well (assuming TSA don't act like dicks and break them). Cheers!

Hey man, for some reason I didn't clue in until I saw your Facebook post that this offer included Sunday (yeah, I'm slow like that...). If you guys are planning to possibly open up for a little bit on Sunday for some visitors I'd love to drop by. Would be happy to bring a couple of goodies from the Southeast to share as well (assuming TSA don't act like dicks and break them). Cheers!

Of course man. Just give a shout when you're looking at heading out and we'll make it happen.
I feel better now.

degardebrewing what would be a good time to stop by tomorrow? I'm basically a nomad this week so I can come at any time that's convenient. Thanks again for the invite! Had my first De Garde beer on Thursday courtesy of teddyarrowhead and am excited to try more.

degardebrewing what would be a good time to stop by tomorrow? I'm basically a nomad this week so I can come at any time that's convenient. Thanks again for the invite! Had my first De Garde beer on Thursday courtesy of teddyarrowhead and am excited to try more.

I believe we have a couple other folks coming in about noon. Just give a shout when you're on your way, but around then would be perfect!

Has anyone tried taking the bus over to De Garde from Portland? I'm going there for the first time next week and want to do a day trip but it seems like the last bus out from Tillamook back to Portland leaves at 2:50PM and the first bus out arrives in Tillamook at 12:50PM so I pretty much only have 1 hour to spend there and can only do it on a Saturday. Is there an alternate way?

Has anyone tried taking the bus over to De Garde from Portland? I'm going there for the first time next week and want to do a day trip but it seems like the last bus out from Tillamook back to Portland leaves at 2:50PM and the first bus out arrives in Tillamook at 12:50PM so I pretty much only have 1 hour to spend there and can only do it on a Saturday. Is there an alternate way?
Hitch a ride from somebody you meet at de Garde. There's gotta be someone from Portland going that day.

Hitch a ride from somebody you meet at de Garde. There's gotta be someone from Portland going that day.
Maybe if I was a guy that wouldn't be a bad option but not too keen on doing that. Is it worth it just to go only for an hour on the 14th? Would I be able to buy beer to go? I know there's a release this week. Does the release bottles usually hang around that long or am I just going to get there, have one glass of what's on tap and have to leave? I'm flying in for the first time to Portland all the way from New York and would love to go but don't want to be disappointed.

Maybe if I was a guy that wouldn't be a bad option but not too keen on doing that. Is it worth it just to go only for an hour on the 14th? Would I be able to buy beer to go? I know there's a release this week. Does the release bottles usually hang around that long or am I just going to get there, have one glass of what's on tap and have to leave?

There should be bottles of Morningstar and Archer left from the release. I bet the Bu Weisse variants will be gone though.

I'd like to thank degardebrewing for having myself and several others over on a rainy Sunday when they are normally closed. It was great to be there with a group of like-minded craft beer fans and to talk with Trevor about his beers and his brewery. And of course, to drink a bunch of great beer (both from De Garde and bottles that were generously shared). The Cranberry Bu Weisse was absolutely spectacular, and all the other De Garde beers were great too. Morningstar has to be one of the most dangerous beers ever created because it drinks like it's about half of its ABV. I'm very happy to have bought a membership to show my support for such a great up-and-coming brewery with an awesome vision for their beer.

Back