Official Holy Mountain Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waltersrj

Reaction score
Figured we should have one of these specifically geared towards Holy Mountain. I have been totally in love with these guys since they opened just over a year ago. Looking forward to more fruited beers, Midnight Still, and hopefully the eventual canning of their Gose!

HolyMtn could you guys PLEASE do the Midnight Still release on a Saturday instead of a Friday afternoon???

Looking forward to more amazingness.

As much as I enjoy Holy Mountain, seeing as it's in Seattle, and they don't distro down to us, you may get more discussion in the Northwest Forum. just some advice from one Walter to another.

...looking forward to visiting the brewery again in March though. Good stuff.

All of the beers I've had from them have been really ****ing good. I really want to know if there is a connection with Sleep in the name?

All of the beers I've had from them have been really ****ing good. I really want to know if there is a connection with Sleep in the name?

As for the name, Holy Mountain is a song and album by an old “doom/stoner band” called Sleep, and it is also a side reference to Mt. Rainier. According to Paysse, “After some trademarking issues with a previous name, we had to come up with something else. While eating, drinking, and listening to music at (a friend’s) house one night, Holy Mountain came up as a possible brewery name. We liked that it was a reference to that formative album, our heavy involvement in music, and where we all came from.”

http://seattlebeernews.com/2014/05/holy-mountain-brewing-looks-to-fill-niche-in-seattle-beer-scene/

paysse

Hey guys, just want to say thanks for a ****ing amazing 2015. We've got some cool stuff in the works for this year, including some sweet collaborations and some new beers we're stoked on brewing. Lots of exciting stuff coming out of barrels, and we're bottling as fast as we can. Hope to see some of you California dudes down at the Festival of Funk in March!

Cheers,

Colin

Hey guys, just want to say thanks for a ****ing amazing 2015. We've got some cool stuff in the works for this year, including some sweet collaborations and some new beers we're stoked on brewing. Lots of exciting stuff coming out of barrels, and we're bottling as fast as we can. Hope to see some of you California dudes down at the Festival of Funk in March!

Cheers,

Colin

Flew into town this past weekend and visited on Saturday and Sunday. The beer was awesome and the service was just as great as the beer. You guys have definitely become my go to brewery whenever I visit Seattle now. Keep up the great work.

Flew into town this past weekend and visited on Saturday and Sunday. The beer was awesome and the service was just as great as the beer. You guys have definitely become my go to brewery whenever I visit Seattle now. Keep up the great work.

Thanks a lot! Our staff kick some serious ass up at the front. Thanks for coming by when you're in town.

HolyMtn what do you have currently aging in oak with fruit? If you don't mind telling us, I think we'd all like to know :)

Also, have you guys thought about doing a small cellar society sort of thing? Beer allocations, larger pours, merch, etc for members? It would be hugely successful and I'd be the first to sign up!

HolyMtn what do you have currently aging in oak with fruit? If you don't mind telling us, I think we'd all like to know :)

Also, have you guys thought about doing a small cellar society sort of thing? Beer allocations, larger pours, merch, etc for members? It would be hugely successful and I'd be the first to sign up!
I already signed up.

latest

There's a bunch of cool stuff coming up. A lot of it is still aging, and want to make sure it's perfect before announcing what we have available. I can tell you we are currently brewing base beers in anticipation for upcoming fruit harvests this summer and fall and are excited to work with some of the awesome farmers who are growing some pretty amazing fruit. Especially excited to use some of the best raspberries I know of from a farm in my hometown of Puyallup.

We're gearing up to release our blend of Midnight Still, our BA Imperial Stout. Look for that pretty soon. Very pleased with how it turned out. Couldn't be more pleased with the Bourbon and spirits barrels were getting. Midnight isn't a sour beer, but let's say there may be a small amount with some fruit being released later on down the road.

We've talked about a club quite a few times, and have decided to hold off for now. We've been playing catch up since day one, and will hopefully have some time to talk about it more extensively, and decide if it's the right thing for us to do or not. We're a super small crew, and are putting all of our energy into the product right now and making sure things are right. I know that's a vague answer, but it's definitely not out of the question.

I think I speak for all of Seattle when I say that we are so freaking happy about you guys. Thanks for answering questions here, making amazing beers, running a killer tap room, running wonderful releases, and keeping product at amazing prices! Cheers!

I think I speak for all of Seattle when I say that we are so freaking happy about you guys. Thanks for answering questions here, making amazing beers, running a killer tap room, running wonderful releases, and keeping product at amazing prices! Cheers!

Always happy to answer questions of clarify anything. Can't tell you how much we appreciate all of you guys coming in and supporting us. We have an amazing staff and they are always stoked to talk about the beer here or other stuff you guys may have tried.

seattle needed a brewery with this kind of vision. badly. super psyched for the BA stout, but more excited about all the delicious farmhouse beers and fruit sours of the future.

Thanks a ton! The future is looking very bright in that respect...

I really hope that the inevitable "**** show" isn't too bad Saturday. Hard Liver being the same day will hopefully mellow the crowd a little bit at least. Regardless it shall be fun. HolyMtn can do no wrong.

I really hope that the inevitable "**** show" isn't too bad Saturday. Hard Liver being the same day will hopefully mellow the crowd a little bit at least. Regardless it shall be fun. HolyMtn can do no wrong.

I think it's more likely that the Hard Liver push happens later because of the Holy Mountain release. I'm heading down around 9:30 and there will be a few bottles to share in line, so stop by and bring a coffee cup.

If this eventually turns into overnight pre-2014 Hair of the Dog releases I'm just going to burn down Seattle.

Back