US - Great Lakes Official Transient Artisan Ales Thread

Discussion in 'Beer Travel, Events and Releases' started by Thorpe429, Jan 6, 2015.

1. jakeox

jakeox

Is it too late to award the 2016 Nobel Prize in Economics to the fuckknuckles in that thread arguing that the beer in bombers is actually more valuable than the same beer in cans and therefore they feel the higher price per ounce in bombers is actually a better deal? Meanwhile, the same chucklefucks value their own time at what per hour of waiting in line for beer?

Also LOL at "you aren't on Ratebeers best brewers" and "you don't have the big medals to back this up".

That's some next-level econ-cicerone chucklefuckknuckle stuff.

SAISON FUCK, Mugatu, Noots and 17 others like this.
  2. ClCardinal84

ClCardinal84

Reading Beeradvocate makes my eyes want to go blind so that I can't read that shit again. Lord have mercy.

SSTroller, jupiter6xx, Jb123 and 7 others like this.
  3. AnchorDrops

AnchorDrops

People need to STFU and just not buy the beer if they can't afford it. On a "per ounce" price, these cans are much better than a lot of bomber pricing.

jakeox, joe and adhdjon like this.
  4. joe

joe

"Let's go back to the good 'ol days of peace and happiness on BA!"

Lolwut

5. joe

joe

[​IMG]
    Beer is worth at least $1.99 more than i payed for it.. so, no complaints here!

Scalzo, nsh221, SSTroller and 12 others like this.
  6. joe

joe

cake and bake is up there with dark apparition for me.. im really hesitant with new stouts these days but this is just perfectly balanced right out of the gate.. extremely drinkable imp stout! love it!

7. GRDave

GRDave

Had a CnB on Boxing Day with dessert.
    [​IMG]
    Exquisite pairing with raspberry chocolate cream pie. Great work Transient.

Not even going acknowledge the knucklefuckers on that other shit site.

adhdjon, nsh221, SSTroller and 12 others like this.
  8. danbanana

danbanana

9. tinypyramids

tinypyramids

'
    i did this again today. it continues to be good.

all of those BA shitlords complaining about pricing have obviously never heard of abrasive, which hit the $20/4 pricepoint (and worth it at that) well before RAM was even a twinkle in someone's eye. fuck them, this tasty ass beer speaks for its goddamn self.

powz87, Mugatu, joe and 11 others like this.
  10. TommyShitt

TommyShitt

Not really a pie guy but goddamn that looks good.

joe, jupiter6xx, mateoloco and 2 others like this.
  11. SSTroller

SSTroller

Yeesh! Let's get this thread back on track. Seeing someone post about OG Pentameter made me want to pull some oldies out too.
    Last bottle of this one for me. Held up really well for a "Brett beer" and somehow has this wonderful apple cider flavor. Doesn't have a smidge of that weird Brett flavor you get with some old Brett beers.
    [​IMG]

ABSTRACTlegend, powz87, joe and 10 others like this.
  12. Gonzoillini

Gonzoillini

[​IMG]

Saison Blend #1 from Transient Artisan Ales, dry, funky, big mineral heavy profile with a light hop bitterness, modest earthy / noble hop aromatics and flavor, just a hint of lactic acidity. Light cracker like malt profile.

Fantastic and in my wheelhouse as a daily drinker if I would have had the foresight to grab about a case of it when I was last up there.

Cheers!

ABSTRACTlegend, powz87, joe and 10 others like this.
  13. tinypyramids

tinypyramids

i too regret not buying more of this while i was up there.

14. rjose

rjose

[​IMG]

So rich, so much coffee and vanilla!

It's a shame to solo dome this, but the fiancee doesn't drink and the dog just tried to bring a dead bird into the house (we won't be sharing a glass tonight). So I'll power through alone.

ABSTRACTlegend, Rails, joe and 13 others like this.
  15. jakeox

jakeox

adjunct game strong

16. tinypyramids

tinypyramids

has anyone else opened the biere de garde (absinthe/wine barrel)? i cracked one of mine last night and while i was a bit apprehensive about absinthe barrels being involved, it's a tasty beer and very complex. transient continues to kill it.

17. mychalg9

mychalg9

Drank my first BA Erection Nectar last night. So tasty all the way down my throat....

Scalzo likes this.
  18. tinypyramids

tinypyramids

drank foeder 2 cherry and apricot back to back. glad i did cherry first. it's a much more delicate beer than i expected, sort of like a lighter ardent with a splash of cherry? if you're looking for a cough syrup cherry bomb you're going to be disappointed but it is a very nice, balanced beer that was quite pleasant to drink. apricot is higher in acidity but definitely not too sour, and a good beer but not one i liked as much as cherry.

19. kodt

kodt

Also drank mine last night. Agreed on not too sour or a Cherry bomb, just very nice.

SecretSquirrel likes this.
  20. joe

joe

While we're talking about foeder 2... i hope foeder 2 with de chaunac grapes gets bottled! Such a beautiful beer that id love to age as well as share with some of my wine friends.

Treebs likes this.