US - Great Lakes Official Transient Artisan Ales Thread

Discussion in 'Beer Travel, Events and Releases' started by Thorpe, Jan 6, 2015.

Help Support TalkBeer Community by donating:

1. Thorpe

Thorpe

It turns out my parents are going to be in that area tomorrow and they're going to grab it, but thanks!!

SecretSquirrel and Treebs like this.
  2. PHBoiler

PHBoiler

Still people lined up outside. Solid turnout. Waiting until the line is gone to head over. This flight at Tapistry is not good.

3. danbanana

danbanana

The IPA I had at Tapistry a while back tasted like 2005.

4. Alum

Alum

Good release. Long initial line that was handled as fast as they could feasibly do so.

Separate draft line was nice.

Beer itself was enjoyable.. though between the Chocolate version and the Nitro version I guess it still requires popping a bottle to figure out how it actually is drinking on it's own.

Lots of dogs to pet is always a plus at Transient.

Rainbows drank great as well as some "A La Carte" hoppy thing they were pouring samples of off the tank.

Some neat bottles sleeping in the back were peeped while enjoying some drafts.

joe, Gonzoillini, TheBus and 2 others like this.
  5. PHBoiler

PHBoiler

I will second this. Some nice stuff hanging out in bottles just conditioning away and then some really exciting stuff hidden behind other things. Chris was graciously giving details but said not to share those deets. I will/can say that he's got a bunch of foudres now.

Wake N Cake (I guess I had the nitro version) was tasty. Lots of maple. Minimal heat from any bourbon. On the sweeter end but smoothed out once I warmed it up in my hand. Just Passing Through had nice cherry flavor and just the right tartness to make it refreshing. We did a bottle of Ol Dirty Fashioned back at the house and that was interesting. Easy drinking sour with notable bourbon and cherry, just a hint of orange. Fresh Cromulent was as good as ever. Rainbows was too much for me. Tasted like the blue shark from Shark Bites. Just a tropical fruit explosion that sort of blew my palate away. Sadly didn't have time for the maple BW.

Folks at Lake St Eats said people were in line at 9AM. That's nuts. It was damn cold with the wind. We went over about 1:40 and waited outside for probably 10 minutes. It moved pretty well at that point. It was full inside but plenty of room in the brewhouse. By then limits were down to 3 bottles but I don't need more than that anyhow.

jakeox, joe, SecretSquirrel and 4 others like this.
  6. ClCardinal84

ClCardinal84

First time over to Bridgman today. Was a crappy day with nothing to do so decided to make the trek to pick up member bottles and some cans.

Lake St Eats was a solid little spot for lunch then walked across the street. The Maple Barleywine on tap was unreal. Can’t wait for that in bottles.

Will have to make a weekend over there this summer.

7. SAISON FUCK

SAISON FUCK

Loved the Maple Barleywine a couple weeks ago.

8. SecretSquirrel

SecretSquirrel

Dem cherries this weekend... Looking forward to both of them... The April 28th 2nd anniversary party should shape up to be stellar as well...

TheBus, jakeox, joe and 2 others like this.
  9. jakeox

jakeox

Shiiiiiiiit -- I've been looking forward to those cherries, but can't go this weekend. Hopefully they'll still have them the following weekend!

10. PHBoiler

PHBoiler

How are we not all in here freaking out about cherry and raspberry anachronism yet?!? The OG was completely delicious. I wish I could make it back up to Bridgman for those this weekend.
    [​IMG]

Thorpe, zieglemt, TheBus and 3 others like this.
  11. SecretSquirrel

SecretSquirrel

yeah totally looking forward to them!

thewimperoo and PHBoiler like this.
  12. thewimperoo

thewimperoo

13. Thorpe

Thorpe

What is that ceramic mug?!?!

Gonzoillini and duckyboycantfly like this.
  14. thewimperoo

thewimperoo

It's a pitcher

Gonzoillini and Thorpe like this.
  15. SAISON FUCK

SAISON FUCK

This Transient thing is a good time! Great beer on tap and not too crowded. Glad we made the mid-afternoon drive over. Mixed Fruit Foeder right now is killer.

16. thewimperoo

thewimperoo

$500 lighter, but that was a great day. Cherry Anachronism is stellar. The Mixed Fruit Foeder and Mitches be Trippin were my other draft highlights.

Congrats to Chris and Rachel!

17. SecretSquirrel

SecretSquirrel

Good times as expected good to see a few talk beer people as well... both versions of Mitch be trippin were delicious and mix fruit Foeder was excellent as was Cherry Anachronism

Here’s to another year of heading to Bridgman!

18. jakeox

jakeox

Aw man, the mixed fruit foeder must have gone on after we left. Both versions of Mitches and the slushies were surprisingly good (and I'm 95% sure the Mitches were the base for the slushies). I didn't come close to maxing out but still had my largest Transient purchase because I had to grab a bunch of Balaton, Montmorency, and Gooseberry Foeder bottles in addition to the Anachronisms.

Obviously I missed some talkbeerers, so I'll figure out how to be more social next time. My GF and I were sitting against the middle of the back wall for the first three hours or so of the day.

19. Hopping Tiger

Hopping Tiger Premium Supporter Contributor

At the taproom for the first time and dig it. Chill af Friday crowd and the open front makes me want to stay all weekend. Beer is pretty ok too.

Was thinking about giving a tick to Tapistry but reading above posts will save me that walk across the street.

20. benh123

benh123

I know its a long shot, but if any members arent buying both sets id gladly buy one from you and toss you some ty beers (jk sours, hf, casey, r&d stuff, transient stuff, or whatever.) Ill be down south for a bachelor party so i cant make release.