Official Transient Artisan Ales Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
**** that cfrances33 guy anyways

cfrances33 is the ****in worst

GN1ug72.gif

Has anyone had Cuvier yet? I've been unsuccessful in trading for it since I missed its very small release window at a few stores. I need all dem Transient ticks.

Has anyone had Cuvier yet? I've been unsuccessful in trading for it since I missed its very small release window at a few stores. I need all dem Transient ticks.

I haven't had it yet, but have a bottle in the fridge. I can save it for you. I'll have to save plenty of Transient for another big spring/summer saison fest.

We should definitely do that, and choose a date I can make this time

Hopefully do it around my birthday in late April again this year, potentially pushing back into May for weather. Definitely great to have outside, if possible.

Hopefully do it around my birthday in late April again this year, potentially pushing back into May for weather. Definitely great to have outside, if possible.

We got a perfect day last year. Hoping for that again....minus the skunks.

Curious how people would rank the releases so far, which ones would you recommend trying to track down vs. ones that could be passed up.

Personal favorites so far:

Wayward
Red Wine Presque (very Cascade-like)
Red Wine Obelus

I haven't really dipped into a lot of my bottles quite yet, so that is what I remember standing out to me so far. Wayward is beyond crushable and I loved Hop Drank on tap so I imagine the bottling will be fantastic too. Highly suggest seeking out Salarium when he bottles it as well.

Curious how people would rank the releases so far, which ones would you recommend trying to track down vs. ones that could be passed up.

Apple Brandy Presque was easily one of the best beers (top 3?) I had all year, and that alone was worth the price of admission. I have one bottle left but seriously ISO more if anyone is willing to give one up. And I don't know if I could tell Red Wine Betise from Consecration in a blind taste test. When you're as good as that, well, that's good. So those are definitely the two standouts for me.

Of the other stuff, I loved Wayward. Loved Whiskey Presque. Loved Red Wine Presque (though it was much further on the acidic side for me).

The one thing I've noticed is that a lot of the others could use some maturing, such as Chardonnay Obelus, Pentameter and Peur. Pentameter in particular felt really young for what he was trying for. Lots of sugars there to be eaten to dry it out.

E: Was not a fan of Henry. Very hop-bitter to me, which is not what I want in a porter.

We got a perfect day last year. Hoping for that again....minus the skunks.

Definitely minus the skunks. Hopefully it'll be warm enough this year to stay outside with a fire and keep them away. (I also fixed where they were able to get under the deck, so no more skunks either way.)

You're officially required to attend as part of the saison/wild-only drinkers' club :D

Definitely minus the skunks. Hopefully it'll be warm enough this year to stay outside with a fire and keep them away. (I also fixed where they were able to get under the deck, so no more skunks either way.)

You're officially required to attend as part of the saison/wild-only drinkers' club :D

Got a wedding last week of April and will be flying to TdG the following weekend

Interesting, I really didn't get hops at all out of my bottle. More bitter from the roast than hops. Maybe I'm just an idiot though and have the palate of a sack of potatoes.
Your **** is broke.

Or mine is. It definitely felt hop-related to me, much closer to a CDA/black IPA than a porter in my opinion. I like my porters generally on the malt+roast side, ala Eddy Fitz.

For those who are nearby or can make it to One Trick, I just heard back from Chris regarding buying bottles from OTP.
I have some bottles available now but I'd need to know what you'd like in advance then I can set it aside at the bar for you at one trick.

I have:
Whiskey Presque
Whiskey Junta
Hop Drank- hoppy farmhouse with Brett
Cuvier- barrel fermented saison
Oaked obelus galaxy

That's it at the moment.
He didn't give prices but can update this as soon as I get a confirmation about my order total.

Wow! I didn't get that at all from the tap pours I've had.
I haven't opened a bottle of it yet though.
I've only had from the bottle. I had the cask and vanilla version on tap at the 2nd release party, which were both closer to a standard porter to me, but I expect those treatments would tone down the hops.

For those who are nearby or can make it to One Trick, I just heard back from Chris regarding buying bottles from OTP.

He didn't give prices but can update this as soon as I get a confirmation about my order total.

Anyone feeling friendly and want to grab me Cuvier and Oaked Obelus? Can paypal now. Would head out there myself, but we are moving saturday and packing all week.

So, around what time can we expect the next release?
I'm giddy like a schoolgirl to get on that.... wait, that sounds wrong.... oh well, that's how I feel.

Have had Wayward and loved it, Biere du Ruche was okay. Just got in an Apple Brandy Presque and am really looking forward to drinking that one.

Back