US - Northwest Official Wolves & People Thread

Discussion in 'Beer Travel, Events and Releases' started by jtmartino, Jan 26, 2016.

1. chongcheesol

chongcheesol

!!

[​IMG]

waltersrj likes this.
  2. waltersrj

waltersrj

I think this will be a wonderful relationship. Just don't make me follow you to Mordor (or even MordorMongo ) and we're cool :p

chongcheesol likes this.
  3. chongcheesol

chongcheesol

That's a deal. And if we do have to go to Mordor for some odd reason, lets use the god damn eagles like they were supposed to.

Ryan_G and waltersrj like this.
  4. waltersrj

waltersrj

Looks like the first 3 of our 6 reserve member beers have been bottled with the final 3 expected to be bottled within the next two weeks. It also appears they are hoping to have them ready for us by Thanksgiving. No info on what they are though!

Also Crushpad (pilsner 16 oz cans for $5 each), Rhubarb Sebastian ($14/22 oz), and La Truffe ($18/22 oz) available this weekend.

jtmartino and Ryan_G like this.
  5. TheeWalrusHunter

TheeWalrusHunter

Rhubarb Sebastian sounds delicious. I am not sure I can get behind $5 tallboys of pilsner and I LOVE pilsner.

6. Spoonsock

Spoonsock

Agree and agree.

waltersrj likes this.
  7. DougOLis

DougOLis

The phrasing in the email on that was kind of weird. They made it sound like they were giving it away at a hell of a deal and doing everyone a favor.

waltersrj, jtmartino and Spoonsock like this.
  8. TheeWalrusHunter

TheeWalrusHunter

I thought the same thing.

waltersrj and Spoonsock like this.
  9. waltersrj

waltersrj

Yeah $5 16 oz cans are not a good price for a pilsner. I had the same thought as you guys.

10. jtmartino

jtmartino

Hey, someone has to pay for all the truffles.

[​IMG]

waltersrj and GregorySingh like this.
  11. waltersrj

waltersrj

Wondering what the beers are. I wish they'd tell us instead of some big "surprise" day of. I'd rather knwo what they are and then anticipate getting them...

12. Spoonsock

Spoonsock

It seems like we are getting all six of our club beers real quick like. All six at the same time. Was thinking we'd have a year or so for them to all get to us... So they could sit in barrels nice and cozy.
    Anyone try anything they have been pouring?

13. dphi

dphi

I've had most of what's been tapped so far and everything has been above average. Instinctive Travels is always good, they have an English mild that's pretty solid for the style, a nice strong ale with cinnamon, and one of the better biere de gardes I've had.

I'd heard what some of the club beers would be but the only one I can recall now is gin barrel aged Instinctive Travels I think? The beers have been sitting in barrels for a while now, some have been conditioning in bottles for a while as well. Just so happened they're all going to be ready around the same time.

Spoonsock and jtmartino like this.
  14. waltersrj

waltersrj

Anyone have any clue as to when we may be getting our beers? Keep trying to email Christian but no response.

15. Marshall Gueuze

Marshall Gueuze

So I heard that Jake left Wolves and People for St Somewhere, and that he actually left some time ago. Can anyone confirm this? And if so, who has been brewing?

16. jtmartino

jtmartino

lol u guys remember that time we threw a bunch of money at a promising new brewery and it turned out to be as bad or worse than J. Wakefield?

rofl amirite?

Ryan_G, harrymel, coach and 4 others like this.
  17. DougOLis

DougOLis

And people mocked me when I made that comparison early on

jtmartino, NAD1983 and tosh like this.
  18. NAD1983

NAD1983

Close to a year later and this still applies....

hahahahahahhahahahahahahahahha;hahahahhahahahhahhahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahhahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahha;hahahahhahahahhahhahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahhahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahha;hahahahhahahahhahhahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahhahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahha;hahahahhahahahhahhahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahhahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahha;hahahahhahahahhahhahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahhahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahha;hahahahhahahahhahhahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahhahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahha;hahahahhahahahhahhahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahhahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahha;hahahahhahahahhahhahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahhahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahha;hahahahhahahahhahhahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahhahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahha;hahahahhahahahhahhahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahhahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahha;hahahahhahahahhahhahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahhahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahha;hahahahhahahahhahhahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahhahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahha;hahahahhahahahhahhahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahhahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahha;hahahahhahahahhahhahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahhahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahha;hahahahhahahahhahhahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahhahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahha;hahahahhahahahhahhahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahhahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahha;hahahahhahahahhahhahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahhahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahha;hahahahhahahahhahhahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahhahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

coach, jtmartino, ardyexfor and 2 others like this.
  19. waltersrj

waltersrj

Someone from Prairie.

20. waltersrj

waltersrj

I've been trying so much to get a response from Christian about our beers with no answer. The stuff I have had there has been good to great though so that promising.

jtmartino likes this.