Orlando

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brees6221

Reaction score
Some friends are heading to Orlando later this week and asked where they should go for good beer. They don't care about stores, but are interested in restaurants with good beer options and any breweries that might have tours. I did a little research and was going to suggest going to Oblivion for food and drinks, but other than that I'm coming up empty-handed. They will have a car and said they're willing to travel up to an hour in any direction.

Aaaand, Go!

Cask and Larder in Winter Park has great food and brews excellent beer. It's the best beer made in Orlando area on premise, but that's also because unfortunately Orlando area has extremely limited decent options here. If they are staying near Disney and they are willing to drive an hour like you said, CCB in Tampa isn't much over an hour away and the tour/tasting room is well worth the drive. If they go, book the tour online in advance as they fill up. Oblivion's food is solid as is their beer selection.

http://cigarcitybrewing.com/schedule-tour/

kirbmeist lives in the area. He may be able to help.
Oblivion is my go to for sure. Great food and beer selection is usually good. They do some special events sometimes if you check out their Facebook page. Redlight redlight is a place they will definitely want to hit. Not sure if they do food but downtown area has plenty of options and RR has the best beer taps around. Big bottle selection too. House of beer is supposed to be good and gets good reviews but I haven't personally been (another one without food but you can bring your own and there are supposed to be good options). There are world of beer locations around as well. Orlando brewing company does tours. Beers aren't earth shattering but they might enjoy going there. If you have any questions just ask. If I think of anything else I'll be sure to post. Do you know specifically where in Orlando they will be staying?

I will be going to Disney end of this month. Staying at one of the Port Orleans hotels at Disney. Will there be anything near there that has good beer for off premise? I'd like to get some CCB to take back to the hotel. Unfortunately, I won't have a car. So on foot or short cab ride are my options. The resort is sending a shuttle to pick us up. Am I out of luck?

Bottles - Knightly Spirits (12975 S Orange Blossom Trail, Orlando, FL 32837) & Total Wine Orlando (2712 E Colonial Dr, Orlando, FL & 4625 Millenia Plaza Way, Orlando, FL)
Draft - Redlight Redlight (2810 Corrine Dr, Orlando, FL 32803)

There's a few others... but those are the best.

If you're looking for a large selection of great craft beer, the first Knightly Spirits in Lutter's post (12975 S Orange Blossom Trail, Orlando, FL 32837) is the closest to Port Orleans, but even that's 11 miles away using a toll road. Not sure if the cab fare is worth it to you or not.

If you're just looking for basic CCB cans like Jai Alai or Maduro Brown, you should be able to find those in most stores. I found some at a Publix supermarket in an Orlando suburb a few months ago.

First I would check if the shuttle will take you places within a certain mile range of the resort. If not, get on the ferry that runs from Port Orleans to Downtown Disney. From there it's less than a 2 mile walk or cab ride to this place: ABC Fine Wine & Spirits, 11951 South Apopka Vineland Road, Orlando, FL 32836. I wouldn't expect anything fancy, but they may just have some CCB. I'd probably call and check first.

There are also a few supermarkets just across I-4 that might have what you're looking for. Just find your resort on Google maps then search for beer nearby. Again, you'll probably want to call and ask the beer manager first.

Welcome to O-town. What brings you this way?

Headed to Knightly Spirits now! My co-workers are driving me nuts. Orlando is already world's better than the area in Birmingham I was stuck in (no car in b-ham). I'll be driving a 12 person van around to pick up beers. No limit on space, but what I can't fit in a suitcase needs to be consumed!

Headed to Knightly Spirits now! My co-workers are driving me nuts. Orlando is already world's better than the area in Birmingham I was stuck in (no car in b-ham). I'll be driving a 12 person van around to pick up beers. No limit on space, but what I can't fit in a suitcase needs to be consumed!
OBT knightly right?

Looking for a restaurant on S. Apopka Vineland Rd. near downtown Disney that will have an IPA on tap. I'm hoping for Jai Alai but anything will do as long as they're showing the Ohio State - Michigan game. All I see are chains, UNO, Hooters, etc. Suggestions?

Last edited:
Haven't heard of anything but will update if something good springs up. Where will you be staying?
Staying with a friend in Deltona. He has to work Thursday and Friday so I'll probably do the same, but I'll be there through Tuesday so should have ample time to get out and about.

Staying with a friend in Deltona. He has to work Thursday and Friday so I'll probably do the same, but I'll be there through Tuesday so should have ample time to get out and about.
I would definitely hit redlight redlight and oblivion if you are able to get over towards downtown area enough. Deltona is about 30 min away from there so prob will just depend on transportation and DD situation and what not (you may be aware of these already but don't know your experience with orlando). I was going to suggest my hometown but it is about 45min-hr drive from Deltona so not the most accessible. Brand new brewery and they just opened a whole market that is connected to it with a bunch of cool shops (gourmet chocolate, bakery, etc.) There is also a real nice farmers market there on Saturday from like 9-2 with a bunch of good food and little stands and brewery/market is like a 2 min walk from it.

Not familiar with Deltona area besides going by it to get to Daytona so someone may know more about the goings on that way.

The Gnarly Barley (7431 S Orange Ave.) is another great place to hit up. They have great food (sandwiches and tacos) and great beer (bottles and tap). At the writing of this they have Praire Bomb!, FB Blueberry cobbler, FB Guava Jelly Blonde, and CCB Strawberry creamsicle Jai Alai (cask) on tap just to name a few.

Hey fellow beer lovers. I am in Orlando to celebrate the life of one of my close friends who was sadly taken from us in the recent tragedy. You might have heard through the various beer networks that people were hunting down bottles of Last Snow, they were for an event we are putting on at Red Light Red Light. I wanted to first, thank all of you who were kind enough to donate bottles and secondly post the information in case you were interested in taking part at the event. Please send me a TB Msg. if you have any questions.

Please join us in celebrating the life and times of our beloved Drew Leinonen on Saturday evening. We are truly humbled by our local (beer) community who have graciously donated bottles of Last Snow, which was Drew's favorite beer.
In his honor, we will be serving Last Snow and doing a group toast to Drew at 6:30pm at Red Light Red Light.

As always, any donations are greatly appreciated, but completely voluntary. All funds will be donated in Drew's name.

We hope you can join us.

If you are unable to attend but would like to contribute, please go to Drew's GoFundMe Page:
Please include "#BrewsForDrew" in your comment section.
Thank you!

Hey fellow beer lovers. I am in Orlando to celebrate the life of one of my close friends who was sadly taken from us in the recent tragedy. You might have heard through the various beer networks that people were hunting down bottles of Last Snow, they were for an event we are putting on at Red Light Red Light. I wanted to first, thank all of you who were kind enough to donate bottles and secondly post the information in case you were interested in taking part at the event. Please send me a TB Msg. if you have any questions.

Please join us in celebrating the life and times of our beloved Drew Leinonen on Saturday evening. We are truly humbled by our local (beer) community who have graciously donated bottles of Last Snow, which was Drew's favorite beer.
In his honor, we will be serving Last Snow and doing a group toast to Drew at 6:30pm at Red Light Red Light.

As always, any donations are greatly appreciated, but completely voluntary. All funds will be donated in Drew's name.

We hope you can join us.

If you are unable to attend but would like to contribute, please go to Drew's GoFundMe Page:
Please include "#BrewsForDrew" in your comment section.
Thank you!

Oh, you knew Drew(Chris), as well? We both went to Seminole High, and had a bunch of mutual aquaintences. I'm sorry for your loss. :( Will be donating later.

Headed to Disney World next mont, staying about a miles walk from the Apopka ABC. Any local suggestions for hotel room beers that I'd probably ignore cause I don't know better? My knowledge of Florida beer is basically CCB, FB and Cycle. And I know I won't be seeing any Cycle.

I work right around there and it's a solid ABC. Outside of the usual FB/CCB offerings, fresh MIA Mega Mix is a solid option that I tend to prefer more than Jai Alai/Invasion. People also enjoy TBBC Reef Donkey but I haven't found fresh cans in awhile. Central 28's Trekker is a crushable grisette/farmhouse in a can as well.

Bringing any Holy Mountain goodness with you? We had a few bottles of The Goat around town and they were fantastic.

I work right around there and it's a solid ABC. Outside of the usual FB/CCB offerings, fresh MIA Mega Mix is a solid option that I tend to prefer more than Jai Alai/Invasion. People also enjoy TBBC Reef Donkey but I haven't found fresh cans in awhile. Central 28's Trekker is a crushable grisette/farmhouse in a can as well.

Bringing any Holy Mountain goodness with you? We had a few bottles of The Goat around town and they were fantastic.

Thanks, man. Probably not checking bags, so not bringing anything with me or taking anything home. We've made reservations for a couple restaurants at Disney Springs (first few days my wife is at a conference, so my daughter and I will just hang out by the pool before doing Magic Kingdom and Epcot with her on Thursday/Friday) and it looks like Hop Gun, Jai Alai, etc. will be at those places. We're going to Rick Bayless' Frontera Cocina one night and I noticed they've got stuff from Coppertail Brewing on tap. Decent beers?

Man. I know that Florida isn't the most pedestrian friendly, but it still shocks me at how pedestrian unfriendly it really is. Actually amazed I can safely walk to the ABC.

Last edited:
Coppertail is pretty good, especially some of their offerings outside of their core line-up. I'd definitely take it over the Crooked Can I bet you'll see. If your in the Springs, check out Raglan Road. An Irish pub so not exactly a craft hot spot but the food and entertainment are worthwhile.

This area is even worse than other areas of Orlando. The Mouse wants you to stay on property the entire time you're here.

Coppertail is pretty good, especially some of their offerings outside of their core line-up. I'd definitely take it over the Crooked Can I bet you'll see. If your in the Springs, check out Raglan Road. An Irish pub so not exactly a craft hot spot but the food and entertainment are worthwhile.

Cool, Untappd says they've got Coppertail's Two to Mango IPA right now, which looks pretty good.

This area is even worse than other areas of Orlando. The Mouse wants you to stay on property the entire time you're here.

I remember going to actual downtown Orlando as a kid, and then heading out to the Disney stuff. Very different from Disneyland actually being right in Anaheim.

We're staying at the B Hotel and Resort (where my wife's conference happens to be) so at least we're not as captive as people staying on site at the Disney hotels and can actually kinda walk around.

The Mouse wants you to stay on property the entire time you're here.
That's the truth. After buying a 4 month old can of Jai Alai at our resort hotel bar for $7. I went to the closest publix by car. It was the longest most confusing 4 miles I've ever driven. It seemed like I made 43 turns onto different roads to get there and back. Worth it for fresh 6 racks of Jai, Invasion and Yuengling in that July heat.

That's the truth. After buying a 4 month old can of Jai Alai at our resort hotel bar for $7. I went to the closest publix by car. It was the longest most confusing 4 miles I've ever driven. It seemed like I made 43 turns onto different roads to get there and back. Worth it for fresh 6 racks of Jai, Invasion and Yuengling in that July heat.

Yeah, I'm always wary of cans/bottles at resorts. First thing the morning after we get there my daughter and I are gonna walk (not renting a car) over to the ABC, then the grocery store for supplies for the week.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm always wary of cans/bottles at resorts. First thing the morning after we get there my daughter and I are gonna walk (not renting a car) over to the ABC, then the grocery store for supplies for the week.
That area is very UBER friendly. I have also seen pretty fresh CCB stuff at area 7-11's.

Also did you say you were staying near the "APOPKA" ABC? Apopka is miles away from Disney Springs like 35 minutes

That area is very UBER friendly. I have also seen pretty fresh CCB stuff at area 7-11's.

Also did you say you were staying near the "APOPKA" ABC? Apopka is miles away from Disney Springs like 35 minutes

The hotel I'm staying at is 1.1 miles away from the ABC according to Google Maps.

I was looking at the menus for the places we're eating dinner at Disney Springs (Frontera Cocina, Art Smith Homecoming) and while I expected $8-10 for a beer, I was amazed that cocktails were only $10-11.

I've had beers at California Adventure before and was also surprised that they only charged $8.75 for a Tower 10 IPA, and didn't gouge you more. I might get a beer at Epcot just cause I can.

I was looking at the menus for the places we're eating dinner at Disney Springs (Frontera Cocina, Art Smith Homecoming) and while I expected $8-10 for a beer, I was amazed that cocktails were only $10-11.

I've had beers at California Adventure before and was also surprised that they only charged $8.75 for a Tower 10 IPA, and didn't gouge you more. I might get a beer at Epcot just cause I can.
Pic I took

Last edited:
Really looking forward to being somewhere warm in a couple weeks (it's cold here). Sounds like Last Snow is gonna hit Orlando distribution when I'm there? Any other seasonals that ABC might get?

Back