Packing glasses in carry-on?

Discussion in 'Breweriana' started by MKtheGeneral, Aug 19, 2018.

1. MKtheGeneral

MKtheGeneral

For those who have travelled recently, specifically internationally, have you had any issues with packing delicate glasses in your carry on? Any grief from TSA or the respective airport authority?

Gonzoillini and KevSal like this.
  2. phing

phing

No problems at all. I brought back about 30+ glasses in one trip.

3. MKtheGeneral

MKtheGeneral

In your carry on? Any comments from TSA at all about it being a potential weapon?

Gonzoillini and KevSal like this.
  4. rrrjjj

rrrjjj

I brought a 2L glass growler on a flight with no issue before. I would assume actual glassware would be similar.

Gonzoillini, KevSal and MKtheGeneral like this.
  5. phing

phing

All in the carry on. I’ve done it a ton of times over many trips (international and domestic) with never the slightest question or issue. Carry on all the way for glassware. Save the checked bags for beer.

Gonzoillini and MKtheGeneral like this.
  6. TheFarmBoy3

TheFarmBoy3

They made me check in my glasses at Heathrow but I had like 10+. But I've successfully carried on 2-3 before. Hope that helps.

Gonzoillini and MKtheGeneral like this.
  7. sherm1016

sherm1016

I always bring back glassware with no issues. Most recently from Cantillon and 3F, including a stemmed wine glass, a taster, and a Lambic pitcher. Departed out of Schipol.

Gonzoillini likes this.
  8. Gonzoillini

Gonzoillini

[​IMG]
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0000DC116/?tag=talkbeer-20

I use the above for all of my glassware traveling needs, and it has been great for almost every trip I've ever taken. However, a Bokkereyder Zalto that was wrapped in bubble wrap inside the protective carrier didn't survive my trip from New Jersey to Chicago last year from a very minor fall.

When I saw said glass I was kind of surprised that I didn't get hasseled as I basically had a makeshit glass shiv in my carry on during the flight.

KevSal, tikk and TheFarmBoy3 like this.