Palm Springs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waltersrj

Reaction score
Hey guys,

The wife and I are headed from Seattle to LAX and then driving to the desert for a week in a home with a private pool. It is going to be hot (duh) and I want to drink good beer while there. Are there any good stores to buy craft beer at in Palm Springs? If not, what's a good craft beer store in LA and preferably near LAX.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers
Ryan

Not sure about beer, but if you want an excellent jewish deli with killer reubens, matzoh ball soups, blintzes, cheeseacake, etc. Check out Sherman's!

o.jpg

Not sure about beer, but if you want an excellent jewish deli with killer reubens, matzoh ball soups, blintzes, cheeseacake, etc. Check out Sherman's!

o.jpg
Ryan_G you sir are a gentleman and a scholar. I will get myself a huge ass Reuben and post in the Reuben's thread. I can't wait to eat this in 110 degree weather.

Check out their instagram: @palmspringsliquor

A bit illogical, but Palm Springs Liquor (@palmspringsliquor) is actually in San Diego. I would strongly advise stocking up before heading out to the desert.

Near LAX is Beverage Warehouse (beveragewarehouse.com), but I've generally found the quality to be going down here. Whole Foods El Segundo or Whole Foods Venice are relatively close, though not quite on your way to PS. You might also consider visiting Ramirez Liquor (http://ramirezliquor.com/store/) - they're adjacent to the 10 near DTLA and get solid distro.

I suspect there are also (better?) stores in the San Gabriel Valley and towards San Bernardino.

damnit. I take back everything I've said. my bad. That's what happens when you don't read.

If you can make the drive, go to Gerrards in Redlands. Their beer cave is huge and has a great selection. Plan on doing any IP trades?

Just go to the Whole Foods El Segundo when you get to LAX, it's right there. Great beer selection. (they have beer in two different sections, make sure to check them both)

damnit. I take back everything I've said. my bad. That's what happens when you don't read.

If you can make the drive, go to Gerrards in Redlands. Their beer cave is huge and has a great selection. Plan on doing any IP trades?
No IP trades for me. This is more about just chilling with my wife than anything else but if I can drink quality beer while in the desert it'll make things even better! Thanks for the tips everyone! We have a rental car for the whole week so I'll pick up something before going straight from LAX to Palm Springs.

A bit illogical, but Palm Springs Liquor (@palmspringsliquor) is actually in San Diego.

Palm Springs Liquor is near the intersection of Spring Street and Palm Avenue in La Mesa (for the nomenclature backstory)

If you plan on just relaxing, then it's probably not on your schedule...but Coachella Valley Brewing is across the 10 in Thousand Palms. It's been a long time since I've tried anything, but there's also La Quinta Brewing and Babes BBQ.

But yeah, The Coachella Valley is about Brunch and Mimosas.

Ritual Brewing and Hangar 24 are also on the way in case you're looking to stop in at any breweries for a fresh growler. I've had mixed results at Ritual filling blank ones, but Hangar requires you to have one of their branded ones.

walterfredo eent to the El Segundo WF (great beer selection) and snagged a ton of Swami's, MT Fortunate Islands (this is amazing), and some ACTUAL Alpine Duet (not the GF crap we get in WA). Thanks for the rec! Killer mall there btw.

Ryan_G we will be putting some Sherman's Reuben into our mouths in about 1.5 hours and I can't wait. Pics to come later to the Reuben's thread.

Cheers
Ryan

Sorry to revive an old thread but traveling to Palm Springs and wanted some local advice...Where's the best place to buy beer around the area? Whole Foods palm desert? Whats the best ipa that sees distro there, modern times?

Sorry to revive an old thread but traveling to Palm Springs and wanted some local advice...Where's the best place to buy beer around the area? Whole Foods palm desert? Whats the best ipa that sees distro there, modern times?
Jensen's grocery in PS had a great selection. We mostly drank Swami and MT stuff.

There's a Total Wine in Palm Desert. Huge selection, but I'm not sure of the freshness due to the sheer volume available.

Did u do this trip? How was it? I will be there next week.

Did u do this trip? How was it? I will be there next week.

I went to coachella so didn't really spend a lot of times in palm springs. I hit up trader joes for some modern times and swamis and that was about all the beer I got. I think dead or alive has the best beer in the area though.

Back