Whiskey Pappy

Discussion in 'Whiskey, Wine & Other Booze' started by mcgrupp1922, May 31, 2016.

1. mcgrupp1922

mcgrupp1922

Not really sure where to post this so might as well start here.

I'm looking for a bottle of pappy for my wedding in a couple weeks and not sure what the best way to acquire without giving up every whale beer I have in my cellar. Any recs?

2. tinypyramids

tinypyramids

from what i gather, it's significantly easier to buy pappy with cash than it is to trade for it. prices have only been rising and rising, so it's not going to be cheap. for the 15 year or older, you're looking at dropping $700 or more at the low end.

3. mcgrupp1922

mcgrupp1922

And what sites or second market sellers would you recommend?

Photekut likes this.
  4. tinypyramids

tinypyramids

i haven't been super in tune with different sites, but i know my local craigslist usually has a seller or two (i checked columbus and didn't see any bottles for sale). there are also facebook groups for this; i remember one called "bourbon info exchange" a while ago but i think some of the facebook groups changed their names to hide the face that there is liquor exhange in the past couple months (i know this happened with my local beer trade group).

mcgrupp1922 likes this.
  5. mcgrupp1922

mcgrupp1922

Awesome man, greatly appreciate you looking into it. Looks like I might need to sign up for Facebook.....

6. lyoung8

lyoung8

Bottle Spot is a good place to look as well.

7. boutbeer

boutbeer

FYI, just take a look, then close your browser, throw your computer out the window and take a long shower.

8. Michigander

Michigander

Just an FYI on the FB groups. Many of them got shut down a month or two ago. Once they got them running again, they all went secret and you might need to know someone in the group that can vouch and invite you in.

SpentBrain likes this.
  9. JulianC

JulianC