Pelican Pub & Brewery offers The Pelican Beer Club (with shipping!)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Previously

Reaction score
The Pelican Beer Club
We are excited to announce our new Pelican Beer Club, which will allow you to have World-Class Pelican Beers delivered straight to your doorstep!

Membership Benefits
  • Pelican Newsletter in each shipment
  • Food Pairing Guide/Recipe Guide for each month's beer selections
  • 10% Discount on all Apparel
  • Seasonal Offers on hotel stays at the Inn at Cape Kiwanda in Pacific City
  • Brewer Guided Tours at our Tillamook & Pacific City Breweries
  • Invitation to Exclusive Events, including annual Pelican Beer Club Party in Tillamook
  • Early Opportunity to purchase Brewers Dinner tickets
  • Select membership levels include Mother of All Storms
The Pelican Beer Club Membership Levels
  • Cellerman: 2 bottles shipped 3X per year, $36 + shipping
  • Brewer: 4 bottles shipped 4X per year, $120 + shipping
  • Head Brewer: 6 bottles shipped 6X per year, $300 + shipping
  • Brewmaster: 12 bottles shipped 6X per year, $500 + shipping
The Pelican Beer Club would make a GREAT holiday gift!
Membership Registration for the 2013-2014 cycle is open until November 22, 2013.
PURCHASE A MEMBERSHIP TO THE PELICAN BEER CLUB

My only concern is the beers to be offered. If it's an assload of MoaS, I'm in. If it's a bunch of scotch ale bombers, then noooo thanks.
Absolutely. I wish they were a bit more specific about what exact bottles would be included in the membership. That being said, the bitters, brown, stouts, and barleywines I've had from them have all been exceptionally well done.

I haven't had anything from them besides MoAS but that's a solid deal at $7 per bottle (plus shipping of course). I may end up joining for the "Brewer" level.

My only concern is the beers to be offered. If it's an assload of MoaS, I'm in. If it's a bunch of scotch ale bombers, then noooo thanks.
This is also my concern. I will not be renewing my RS membership next year, so that frees up a ton of cash. I have yet to have a bad beer from Pelican, but I'd like to know a little more of the specifics.

As you mentioned, if it were 12 bottles of MOAS 6x a year, it'd be a no brainier.

The only offering that I've had from them was India Pelican Ale and I believe that it has been retired according to that other site. Which is too bad because I really enjoyed it. Does anyone know why it was retired?

Found it:

Cellarman: 2 Bottles shipped 3X per year
December - 2 Bad Santa
March - 2 Maibock TBD
June - 2 Surfer's Summer Ale

Brewer: 4 Bottles shipped 4X per year
December - 2 Bad Santa, 1 Stormwatcher's Winterfest, 1 Mother of All Storms
March - 4 Maibock TBD
July - 4 Surfer's Summer Ale
October - 4 Elaine

Head Brewer: 6 Bottles shipped 6X per year
December - 3 Bad Santa, 3 Mother of All Storms
February - 6 Red Lantern IPA
April - 6 Maibock TBD
June - 6 Surfer's Summer Ale
September - 6 Elaine
November - 6 Stormwatcher's Winterfest

Brewmaster: 12 Bottles shipped 6X per year
December - 6 Bad Santa, 6 Mother of All Storms
February - 6 Red Lantern IPA, 6 Tsunami Stout
April - 6 Maibock TBD, 6 Imperial Pelican Ale
June - 6 Surfer's Summer Ale, 6 Silverspot IPA
September - 6 Elaine, 6 Doryman's Ale
November - 6 Stormwatcher's Winterfest, 6 MacPelican's Scottish Style Ale

Source
http://www.yourlittlebeachtown.com/store/276?utm_source=Pelican Pub & Brewery, October 2013 Newsletter&utm_campaign=Pelican October Newsletter&utm_medium=email

I'd personally rather see some of the variety you get at the higher tiers offered at the lower tiers with smaller quantities. I'd get the Brewer level if it was the 12 beers offered in higher quantities at the Brewmaster level, at 1 each.

Then again, I'd rather just order a case of MoaS and call it a day.

Found it:

December - 2 Bad Santa
March - 2 Maibock TBD

March - 4 Maibock TBD
October - 4 Elaine

April - 6 Maibock TBD
September - 6 Elaine

Source
http://www.yourlittlebeachtown.com/store/276?utm_source=Pelican Pub & Brewery, October 2013 Newsletter&utm_campaign=Pelican October Newsletter&utm_medium=email
Hmmm... only one MOAS for Brewer.... Might have to join Head Brewer instead.

Found it:

December - 2 Bad Santa
March - 2 Maibock TBD

March - 4 Maibock TBD
October - 4 Elaine

April - 6 Maibock TBD
September - 6 Elaine

Source

I see match1112 got the Imperial Pelican on there.

But really no saison? No interest from me

anyone have their beer shipped before? do they declare alcohol and require a 21+ signature? I ask because I'm 19 I would think that drives the FedEx/UPS prices up.

Unit prices per bottle:
  • Cellerman: $6/bottle
  • Brewer: $7.50/bottle
  • Head Brewer: $8.33/bottle
  • Brewmaster: $6.94/bottle
excluding shipping costs
They're doing their 3rd highest tier a disservice. $2.33 more per bottle ($83.88 total amongst 36 bottles) is a shitty markup to be taking more beer of their hands. They should rework that.

anyone have their beer shipped before? do they declare alcohol and require a 21+ signature? I ask because I'm 19 I would think that drives the FedEx/UPS prices up.
I have received their shipments twice before and they do declare it as alcohol, like similar Oregon breweries that ship, namely Cascade.

Would've been really interested in it if it had a better variety I suppose. Or the lower tiers having more MOAS.

I have heard very mixed reviews about their "normal" brews, and struggle to try to invest that heavily in beers I do not know about.

Other than MoaS does anyone seek out any of their beers? Doesn't seem like this is a deal that people will really jump on. I got a StormWatcher via trade just so I can SbS with MoaS, but never sought out anything else from Pelican.

Depending on the success of their membership club and the MOAS events, there may be no public offering:

http://beerpulse.com/2013/09/pelica...ther-of-all-storms-public-bottles-in-13-1515/

Response I received from the email in that article:

Thank you for providing your information for the 2013 Mother of All Storms waiting list.
This is an auto response. Please do not reply to this message.
The fine print:
Sending this email does not, in any way, guarantee you any Mother of All Storms. The only way to be guaranteed you receive any 2013 Mother of All Storms is to become a member of the Pelican Beer Club at a level which includes Mother of All Storms, or be at Mother's Day at the Pelican Pub & Brewery on December 7.
IF we have remaining inventory after Mother's Day, we will begin contacting people on the email waitlist in the order added beginning sometime in December. At that time, we will confirm your order and collect payment.
We will release information at a later date should this opportunity become available.
Cheers!

They are really selling the notion that there's probably going to be little to no MOAS available after the memberships and the events that weekend.

They are really selling the notion that there's probably going to be little to no MOAS available after the memberships and the events that weekend.

That's what I took from the press release, too. $500 + S&H for six bottles of MOAS + run of the mill filler is a lousy proposition.

Pretty sure they're overestimating the premium people are willing to pay to be guaranteed bottles of the only beer they put out that most people have actually had.

If the top tier level included moar moas I'd be tempted to round up a few friends to split a membership.

This is ridiculous.
They've sent dozens of cases out to distro the last couple years because they had more supply than demand even through shipping orders. Hell, it's still on a few shelves in state from last year. PLUS they are growing the size of the release each year.
This just reaks of a money grab, trying to convince people they must purchase a larger package to get the few bottles they want. Poor form.
You dont need to sign up if you aren't interested in the rest of the package. I'd be stunned if everyone tryingto order a case tha emailed wasn't given the chance.
Ridiculous.

Road paved by The Bruery, bros.

Eh. You're probably right.
Except that you're being held hostage for a shelf beer by even shelfier beer in this case.
**** it. Good for them if they can find a few suckers.

This is as distasteful as their failed $100k kickstarter attempt. If you are so bad at business that you can't secure normal financing after 20 years, why the hell should we pay for your business? I thought that's what the $6.50 pints were for...

Back