Pelican: 'The Perfect Storm'

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barleywinefiend

Reaction score
Has anyone had one of these as of late? Do any still exist is a better question?
I'm extremely curious as to how these are holding up. I'me clinging onto a few 2010's and dying to see how they are doing.

We had 2011 draft at this year's MoAS release and it was liquid toffee covered in bourbon. Crazy sweet.

and ...
20-the-mean-girls.gif

I had an '09 like 2 months ago and it was still amazing. Drank it with my 2 brothers who are into beer but not INTO beer and I feel confident it was one of their top beer experiences.

I had a 2008 Perfect Storm two weeks ago and it was holding up very well. The level of oxidization and musty wet cardboard flavor is starting to creep up, but still in the pleasant category and not off-putting. Its still a bit boozy, with some lingering warmth on the back if the throat. A bit surprising for a six year old beer. But all harshness is gone. Just lots of smooth toffee and vanilla. I really enjoyed it. It demolished this year's BCBS and BCBBW, which were also tasted in close proximity to the 2008 PS.

I had a 2008 Perfect Storm two weeks ago and it was holding up very well. The level of oxidization and musty wet cardboard flavor is starting to creep up, but still in the pleasant category and not off-putting. Its still a bit boozy, with some lingering warmth on the back if the throat. A bit surprising for a six year old beer. But all harshness is gone. Just lots of smooth toffee and vanilla. I really enjoyed it. It demolished this year's BCBS and BCBBW, which were also tasted in close proximity to the 2008 PS.
PS. I love your cellar.

Back