US - Great Lakes Perrin Brewing Company

Discussion in 'Beer Travel, Events and Releases' started by GRDave, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Kasher

Kasher

2. steimie

steimie

So then they had a pretty damn good idea how many people would be there. And if the issue was so many onsite tickets being sold, then just don't sell as many.

You knew how many people would be there. Don't give us this "Wow, we had no idea it'd be so popular" bullshit. You can fucking count.

3. MarcatGSB

MarcatGSB

Ya, that response is laughable. "We super hyped, this beefed up version of a super hyped beer we produce, and you showed up, we didn't know that would happen!"...and at the price they were offering it at the party, I doubt even HALF the people were interested in a pour.

joe, thebandit1, beerindex and 2 others like this.
  4. FEUO

FEUO

I didn't have a single infected beer from Odd Side. I also only bought what I could reasonably consume and drank it before spring.

Please take the Odd Side bashing back to BA. I am exhausted from all that shit. People want OSA to burn to the ground because they didn't acknowledge them each and individually through all the mud slinging. Fuck off. I'd be defensive too if I had to deal with the shithead know-it-alls on BA.

MarcatGSB likes this.
  5. beerindex

beerindex

Sorry, but that response doesn't cut it. Telling me, after I wasted time and money, that I can come buy and pay $2 per oz for a micro pour on what is sure to be a clusterfuck of a day, doesn't suffice. Yes, they admitted to making an error, which is more than can be said for Odd Side. But that doesn't show contrition, nor does it attempt to explain credibly why the error was made and how they'll avoid it going forward. So personally, I'm done with Perrin. Plenty of other beer on the shelves here that is as good or better than anything Perrin puts out, sans the deception and/or incompetence.

6. cneville

cneville

eh, i bought very little oddside, but to do absolutely nothing when it comes to $1000s of infected product and then re-release beers with a label that says "drink fresh" is pretty objectively shitty. if you can't take the loss, don't release the beer.

7. FEUO

FEUO

They can't take the financial loss. They're too small to absorb it. And they obviously weren't aware of the issue beforehand.
    However, in their defense... fuck all the shitbirds on BA. (also in the WMCBE ;) )

No excuse, but if you were them and taking all that beer back, or refunding, what would you do? What if you truly didn't taste what people were tasting? They were in a tough spot and people are unhappy with the outcome.
    Fucking move on.
    I'll keep buying their stuff as I've had nothing but good rapport with Josh and the team. I've also not had an infected beer.

8. beerindex

beerindex

That's the crux of the matter, isn't it? I never lined up for those bottles, so I never had an infected beer, and therefore have continued buying their product. But the outrage people have who bought multiple cases that proved to be infected seems entirely justifiable.

9. FEUO

FEUO

I did in fact line up for those bottles. I also bought multiple cases.
    I did not, however, fill a Kia. ;)

10. AnchorDrops

AnchorDrops

Please just put me on ignore/block if my comments bother you that much. Thanks!

Last edited: Sep 20, 2016
  11. GRDave

GRDave

Back on topic guys, this is the Perrin thread.

So, has anyone tried Unfinished Business yet?

joe and MarcatGSB like this.
  12. AnchorDrops

AnchorDrops

No, probably in the next few nights though. Untappd reviews from people I generally trust have been positive.

13. steimie

steimie

Not yet. Is a lot going into distro so I don't have to go chase it down?

MarcatGSB likes this.
  14. FEUO

FEUO

They don't. Don't worry about. This place we can air our grievances openly. Its all good.
    We disagree. Enough said.

Thanks!
    (insert smarmy emoji here)

15. beerindex

beerindex

That's one of the pours I bought while at Nuclear Noize. It was good, not great. No Rules is better (not that they're meant to be exactly the same sort of beer). At $16 a bottle (everywhere except the Perrin event, where it was $17 a bottle), it is reasonable to pick up one, but I wouldn't want a case of it like many people pre-ordered.

I still want to know what the hell they mean when they say it is aged in single malt bourbon barrels, because that isn't a thing.

MarcatGSB and joe like this.
  16. thebandit1

thebandit1

Pour on Woodward said they are getting five cases so I'm guessing there is going to be a bunch.

Ckozl and steimie like this.
  17. GRDave

GRDave

Most places in GR posted on FB weeks ago, saying it'll be limited, get on our list, case discounts, hurry before the list fills up. Monday, all those same places posted pictures of 20+ cases, or more. Plenty for everyone, case discounts, hurry before it's gone.

I won't be buying any. I have plenty of great beer that doesn't need to be hyped from here to kingdom come to move off a shelf.

(Get off my lawn)

18. AnchorDrops

AnchorDrops

Despite my usual avoidance of the hype machine, when my buddy offered the opportunity to purchase a couple bottles at the case discount I agreed. He came over tonight to pick up the 4pk of Transient Obligatory I picked up for him this weekend and brought a crowler of Great Notion Double Stack, which we enjoyed immensely before I cracked one of my bottles of Unfinished Business. I must say, given my skepticism of Perrin BBA beer, this one exceeded my expectations, medium body, and really balanced flavors. Some booziness as expected for the ABV, but nothing off-putting.

It isn't Black Note, but it's not Dragon's Milk either. It's somewhere in between, better than but not quite there. I liked it, "would" do again.[​IMG]

MarcatGSB and GRDave like this.
  19. MarcatGSB

MarcatGSB

Not to sound like too much of a prude here, but why are people having trouble understanding single malt Bourbon? Is the term main stream, no. Does it make sense, absolutely yes. A Bourbon (which no longer needs to be made in Kentucky) made from a single malt source.
    Probably 2 row, the distillery was probably Westland.

GRDave likes this.
  20. MarcatGSB

MarcatGSB

I feel ya man. Unfortunately Perrin has the resources to do that now. Hence the Hot Box vs. Kona brown thing... They are willing and able to ride the perpetual wave of marketing, this is just the beginning.

GRDave likes this.