Planning a New England Beer Trip

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leafhouse

Reaction score
My girlfriend just mentioned flying out to CT to see her Sister and Brother-in-law sometime in late march or april. I plan on taking a trip up to Vermont to The Alchemist and Hill Farmstead as well as a bunch of other breweries. I was wondering if anyone knew of any events or bottle releases around that time. I'd also love some suggestions of other places to hit. We'll be staying in Hartford CT. Thanks a ton!

April 19th is the first barrel aged sour release from Two Roads. You should also hit Nebco for growlers. Treehouse preferably when Julius is on tap.

If you head up to Allagash you may find Coolships available. By that time, maybe Tod Mott will have his feet off the ground with Tributary. Not sure on the Nightshift release schedule, but maybe they will have something out. Possibly Blue Lobster.

When you go up to VT, would you be staying over night or coming back the same day? I'd base when you go up around HF's bottle release schedule. Keep checking their web page under retail to see what's available. They are open W-Sat 12-4. Wed has the shortest lines, but sucks the most for being in VT for getting Heady and Lawsons. Thurs morning you can stop at Warren Store and pick up Lawsons and Heady and then head up to HF for whatever they have. Or Friday stop at Hunger Mtn for Lawsons and Heady and then to HF.

Thanks for the tips! We'd be staying overnight in VT. Right now we're looking at a possible date of april 30th to may something or other.

Come hang out with me at Berkshire Brewing Co.? I help give tours and it's a fun 1.5 hours. If you're not around I guess I can understand :(

Come hang out with me at Berkshire Brewing Co.? I help give tours and it's a fun 1.5 hours. If you're not around I guess I can understand :(

I just went on a tour somewhat recently (past few weeks). Were you the guy giving the tour wearing a winter hat?

Younger guy, glasses? If it was the weekend of the 16th, no that was not me, I was in Boston coaching a diving meet

Sorry for hijacking by the way :oops:

Younger guy, glasses? If it was the weekend of the 16th, no that was not me, I was in Boston coaching a diving meet

Sorry for hijacking by the way :oops:

younger guy, probably early 20's. Was a snowy day, I remember that much. Huge crowd. had to squeeze everyone on to the dick shlatz room, or whatever it was called.

This is me

1505445_10201513062808638_2129336507_n.jpg

Yes, that is a book about yeast, no I do not know about infections

Back