US - Northwest Portland thread

Discussion in 'Beer Travel, Events and Releases' started by Yeastbreath, Sep 30, 2013.

Help Support TalkBeer Community by donating:

1. FoudreGuy

FoudreGuy

I've only had the beta batches so far, but they tasted a lot like your standard Cloudburst IPA.

2. BeerandNoise

BeerandNoise

I very much have enjoyed the cans. Feel its pretty o.g.

[​IMG]

coach likes this.
  3. Crusian

Crusian

Yeah, I hear what he's saying... but for the most part, a 4 pack of a hazy is now pushing $20. Fucking insane.
    3way is, what, $14? Yeah, I'm all over it all summer. Even better with the dry hop variants. Way to still somehow separate yourselves.

xnicknj, BeerandNoise, coach and 4 others like this.
  4. litheum94

litheum94

Good point on the cost. Need to keep that in perspective

BeerandNoise, coach and mborden like this.
  5. coach

coach

I've had the new 3-Way on draft & in a can now. I like it. It's not the best one (bring back 2014, plz), but I'll drink my share this summer. I also don't consider it a hazy. It's cloudy, but it's not OJ/chicken stock/gravy. And, at least IMO, the body/mouthfeel is nothing like a hazy (no chalkiness or hop burn). Yes, the flavor is kinda juicy, but there's a good lingering hop bite in the finish.

6. ggfunk

ggfunk

____________ from 20XX is not as good as ____________ from 20X(X-1)

7. BeerandNoise

BeerandNoise

Agree about this distinction, was just talking about this with someone yesterday. Also, price is key.

FoudreGuy and coach like this.
  8. litheum94

litheum94

20X(X-1) is my favorite Mega Man.

mborden, FoudreGuy, abawol01 and 2 others like this.
  9. ggfunk

ggfunk

This is mine:
    upload_2019-6-7_15-52-46.png

10. FoudreGuy

FoudreGuy

That sounds exactly like a Cloudburst IPA which was my takeaway from some beta batches at Latona Pub.

Stopped at Chuck’s today for some new Mirage cans and just missed out on draft 3-Way. The keg blew right before I got there. Cans hitting Seattle next week.

litheum94 and BeerandNoise like this.
  11. BBA

BBA

So far I like this years 3-Way. It's way better than last years. That one just never tasted right. Although I still prefer the Fields of Green and Crysknife over 3-Way.

BeerandNoise and litheum94 like this.
  12. Crusian

Crusian

13. ajfa531

ajfa531

I am finally making it to Portland. I can't wait.

Thank you for all the info in this thread. I hope I get the chance to meet some of you fine people.

- Joe

duketheredeemer and exitmusic00 like this.
  14. teddyarrowhead

teddyarrowhead

The place that shall not be named will be open 4:30-9 Tues-Friday and 2-9 Sat & Sun starting next week.

15. bigstrunso

bigstrunso

down and to the left?

rrrjjj likes this.
  16. xnicknj

xnicknj

RIP Tin Bucket. Last day is tomorrow.

exitmusic00 likes this.
  17. BBA

BBA

As I predicted. Tin Bucket used to be one of the most reasonably priced places in Portland, but lately became one of the most expensive. Hopefully the new business model will bring in more customers. Not something I'm interested in though.

18. ScottJWing

ScottJWing

Another bachelor party request... where would be a decent place for dinner that could accommodate 10? Good taplist would be a bonus, but not required. We’ll be brewery and bar hopping all day so focus would be on the food at that point and getting everyone together.

Also planning a day trip to the coast/Tillamook. We want to grill steaks at our airbnb one night, is there anywhere out that way that we should be buying steaks from? Or just buy somewhere in Portland? Thanks!

duketheredeemer and exitmusic00 like this.
  19. teddyarrowhead

teddyarrowhead

10 is getting up there, but Andina, Nostrana, Nel Centro, Irving Street Kitchen, Jake's, and Ringside will all accommodate larger groups. Maybe not 10, but it couldn't hurt to ask Higgins (one of the OG farm to table beer spots) or maybe Departure. I know Deschutes and/or Von Ebert in the Pearl can definitely handle those numbers, but obviously call ahead.

For steaks, stop here on your way out to Tillamook: https://meatingplacepdx.com

20. ScottJWing

ScottJWing

Thank you! This is exactly what I was looking for. I haven’t been to Portland in a few years so looking forward to checking out some of the new places. Reading the last few pages has me pumped.

Any tips on beaches/coastal towns to hit up? Preferably within 2 hour drive from Portland, and not too far from Tillamook. Heard good things about the Pacific City Pelican brewpub, but is there much else to do around there? Cannon worth the drive? Ideally would like to do some beach chilling, kayaking or maybe sime hiking. Plan is to drive out to the coast somewhere early, then drive back to PDX through Tillamook sometime in the 3-7pm window De Garde is open. I think I went to Cape Lookout last time, but wasn’t much going on-other than being ridiculously pretty.

duketheredeemer likes this.