US - Northwest Portland thread

Discussion in 'Beer Travel, Events and Releases' started by Yeastbreath, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Andelliotsaid

Andelliotsaid

You guys the best.

[​IMG]

Too soon?

rrrjjj likes this.
  2. Kentucky

Kentucky

Rum Club is a must every time I am in Portland.

I like Vita Cafe for vegetarian brunch. Their Sloppy Biscuit Sandwich is dreamy. Bloodies are dandy, too!

3. litheum94

litheum94

Hale Pele, Bit House, Lovecraft and Star Bar is the loop my friend and I usually make when we hit the town.

4. Han Yolo

Han Yolo

A bit off topic to what you guys were talking about..but I'm looking for Pliny in bottles. I have had it many times on tap, but want to share them as gifts to a couple friends and cannot find it anywhere. I have talked to a few staff members at taprooms mentioning that it'll be fairly hard to find since no one is allowed to get them anymore because the demand is so high. I'm not saying that what they told me is false, but I have seen it, believe it or no, in a grocery store about half a year or so ago. I regret not buying any because I was working at the time and buying beer while working just didn't sound like it would end well.

Fast forward to now, I don't remember which grocery store or where. If anyone knows where I can get this in bottle that would be amazing and I will love you forever.

Thanks!

5. Digita7693

Digita7693

I'll go ahead and be the first to say it. There are a dozen, at least, beers available in Portland, many are growler or growler only, but still many can options, I would take over Pliny. Great notion, break side, barley browns, boneyard, block 15, etc...

Dino, litheum94 and abawol01 like this.
  6. litheum94

litheum94

Went to Base Camp for the first time in ever because I have a friend looking for a bottle of Saison Ambree (I'm as surpsised as you all that someone actually requested a Base Camp beer).

I have to say, they have some pretty damn good beers on tap right now. Good enough that I consider them worth a visit if I'm in the area

FoudreGuy, Han Yolo and abawol01 like this.
  7. Han Yolo

Han Yolo

Yup, I figured someone will mention this. Pliny definitely isn't the best IPA there is, but beer is very subjective as well. And yes, I am very fortunate to live in a city that has an abundance of beer. I just wanted to gift them to a couple people that are getting into craft beer.

Dude, I love Basecamp. Please tell me you tried the smore stout!

8. abawol01

abawol01

[​IMG]

coach, exitmusic00, rrrjjj and 3 others like this.
  9. anteater

anteater

Portland stopped getting bottles of Pliny a couple years ago. We still get other RR bottles, and Pliny on draft but no Pliny bottles. Sticky Hands FTW.

coach, exitmusic00, abawol01 and 2 others like this.
  10. Han Yolo

Han Yolo

Thank you for the information! Honestly, I haven't had Sticky Hands yet. I will try to change that today!

anteater and abawol01 like this.
  11. litheum94

litheum94

I've had Smore stout many times. It, like there regular lineup, is pretty average.

Photekut likes this.
  12. TheeWalrusHunter

TheeWalrusHunter

What I am really digging right now is the double IPA from Pfriem. So damn good.

m4ttj0nes, coach, exitmusic00 and 2 others like this.
  13. FoudreGuy

FoudreGuy

Didn't the owner of Base Camp suffer a mental breakdown and publicly say or do some awful things a while back? Glad to see they're still up and running.

14. litheum94

litheum94

He did have some mental break and waved a shotgun at the police. That's the last I heard of it.

15. abawol01

abawol01

16. drinkypoo

drinkypoo Previously FEUO

News flash: Portland, ME has more breweries per capita than the slouches in Oregon.
    Fuck. this. thread.

rrrjjj, wuntrikpony and abawol01 like this.
  17. abawol01

abawol01

News flash: Portland, ME is also fucking awesome. ISO: Kimchi ice and oysters at Eventide.

18. litheum94

litheum94

Thanks for sharing?

coach, Han Yolo, drinkypoo and 4 others like this.
  19. TheeWalrusHunter

TheeWalrusHunter

Second

abawol01 likes this.
  20. Han Yolo

Han Yolo

Not sure if you know this...but I like turtles. :)