Europe (Other) Prague

Discussion in 'Beer Travel, Events and Releases' started by air, Aug 8, 2015.

1. air

air

Gonna have 7 nights to explore! I'm already planning a day trip to Pilsen and possibly an overnight trip somewhere else nearby. Pretty excited about unfiltered pilsners, and looking for other recommendations on local brewpubs/micros to try! Cheers.

2. air

air

Aw no one? I'll write up where to go for future travelers then :)

Digita7693 likes this.
  3. Digita7693

Digita7693

Not beer, but take a day trip to Kutna Hora, that place is pretty amazing and disturbing.

best places in Prague, for beer, to my memory are:
    Beer Geek Bar, Pivovarsky Klub, and Zly Casy (my favorite).

If you like tea, definitely check out Dobra Cajnova, for coffe EMA espresso bar or Dos Mundos, and for some amazing veggie food Radost FX cafe.

enjoy!

4. swivelhips

swivelhips

5. Beerologist

Beerologist

[​IMG]

Bump

Any recommendations air? Headed there for work in three weeks and should have plenty of free time in the evenings.

6. GetchaPull

GetchaPull

U Tří Růží - cool little spot for good food and house brews. Walking distance from Old Town Square.

Definitely recommend finding unfiltered/unpasteurized Urquell. So good.

You really cannot lose...your dollar goes far in Czechia! Just watch your wallet on the Charles bridge.

Beerologist likes this.
  7. MrOrla

MrOrla

Go to places for czech style lagers is:

U Supa - Its in the middel of prague, nearly as a tourist trap - Tho a very well made Czech Svetly - Herbal, Smoot , loads of vauge baugette to it, very true to style and a very good example.

T-Tanker - At the top of shopping mall - Not really a beer geek places but 8 taps with sometimes good Czech lagers!

Vinohdrasky Loaced in Vinohrady - Very very tastsy and clean Svetly and Polotmavy - Good place for eating as well. Close to Beergeek - which is guess you know. Loads of American brews Ipas, apa and stuff like that.

Strahov - Close to the monstary on top of the city - Nice View and a killer Polotmavy and Tmavy.

Lokal - Just to try a fresh pilsner Urquell from tank, the date on tank is often only 1-3 days old.

Dno Pytle - Sometimes fresh francionen lagers also fresh czech style lagers. U Medvidku 50m from there good svetly.

U tri Ruzi - Again in city center, very good polotmavy and Svetly.

Zly Casy - Both American, European, and lots of classic CZ style, served in good condition.

NaPalme in prauge 9 i think. Good Lagers on tap Uneticke and others. Close by is a brewery called Pivorar Kolcavka - Very good lagers :)

Jihomedsky in Prauge 11 which is kinda far - Good Svetly and Polotmavy

There is loads more, ask me if you wanna know more, this is just a few of the highlights.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
    Beerologist and GetchaPull like this.
  8. Beerologist

Beerologist

Thanks so much! This is exactly what I was looking for.