Prairie Ales In Texas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Texas_Speed

Reaction score
I thought I should create a thread for Prairie Ales in Texas. I know we already have a Texas thread, but it is mixed with all sorts of different information.

I know Texas will be receiving the Prairie Stouts in the next couple of months and I personally cannot wait. I've had Noir once at a bottle share and thoroughly enjoyed it, and I'm down to my last Bomb! The Noir variants sound great and it will be a nice addition to their line-up. Hopefully we see the same kind of distribution/quantity of their stouts that we have from their other offerings.

As per Facebook:
Prairie Artisan Ales
28 minutes ago
Pink Bomb! For TX.

I'm really just happy that their standard ale is now available in 4 packs at ~$10. I'd be ecstatic if I actually find some Bomb to purchase once it does it Austin though.

I can't speak for Austin, but I know in Houston most of their beers sit on the shelves for a while. I have yet to walk into a store and not find the Prairie beer I wanted, which is a good thing for us consumers and true beer fans. I don't know if it's because of the amount they are bringing to Houston or if the average Houstonian just doesn't know much about them.

I can't speak for Austin, but I know in Houston most of their beers sit on the shelves for a while. I have yet to walk into a store and not find the Prairie beer I wanted, which is a good thing for us consumers and true beer fans. I don't know if it's because of the amount they are bringing to Houston or if the average Houstonian just doesn't know much about them.

Yea, all their standard stuff is on every shelf here, all the time, but we haven't received any limited or seasonals here in Austin.

Last edited:
I wasn't sure if I should post this in the Texas thread or this one, but I decided on this one.
Prairie will be releasing Vanilla Noir in the near future and it is TX and OK only. They will also be releasing Coffee Noir and it is TX only.

As per Facebook:
Prairie Artisan Ales
"Badassness"

12 oz as bomb? I could have sworn Noir was large format, my buddy had one from a beer club.

It used to be, now it's smaller. That's cool. I prefer the smaller format bottles anyway. Can't wait for Coffee Noir, I was worried about not being able to get that one. So that's awesome news and I'll be stocking up on both of those!

oh my god... kmello69 BusinessSloth cfh64 which of you suckers are finding me those two noir's holding on to them for a bit til it warms up up here then sending them this way for hugs(mouth and otherwise) as well as other odds and ends.

if all of you do that is an acceptable solution as well ;)

oh my god... kmello69 BusinessSloth cfh64 which of you suckers are finding me those two noir's holding on to them for a bit til it warms up up here then sending them this way for hugs(mouth and otherwise) as well as other odds and ends.

I'll be your huckleberry

I could do it if I get some.

I haven't seen any word on when it is supposed to arrive, just that we will be getting it. I had Noir at a bottle share and thoroughly enjoyed it. Definitely looking forward to getting more Noir and it's variants.

I'll keep you in mind too if I find some.

Also screw all of you guys! You all go and hunt and satiate your coffee addiction (I'm looking at you Alex )

Just leave your dirty hands off of my vanilla noir! ITS MINE I TELL YOU!

#VanillaWhore
You can't call yourself a Vanilla Whore until you've tried a BVDL...My god. I will never drink that much vanilla in a beer ever again. I don't think it's possible. I would do almost anything to get another bottle.

Just add an entire bottle of Vanilla extract to whatever. It's probably the exact same thing. :rolleyes:

Chase, from Prairie, chimed in on a different site and confirmed TX will be getting all three; Noir, Coffee, and Vanilla. He said they are currently awaiting approval in TX and hopes to ship sometime next week.

Heard from my HEB lady who called her distributor while I was on the line...we're still looking at another week or two. PROVE ME WRONG

Latest posts

Back