r/beertrade refugee from Minnesota

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by fbslim20, Mar 29, 2018.

1. fbslim20

fbslim20

Hi everyone-

It’s nice to have a home here after things got shut down at Reddit. I’ve been trading for about a year, and have really enjoyed the community feel of trading. I generally don’t have any of the big whales people are looking for on hand, which has been helpful for two reasons: it keeps away greedy trolls looking to “win” every trade, and I’ve discovered some really awesome shelf beers.

My goal here is to recapture that magic that comes from having a great interaction with someone who is looking to expand their beer horizons. If you want to check my credentials at rbeertrade.com, I’ve got about 50 trades with all positive feedback (same user name). I’m a big believer in extras, and have found some of my favorite beers that way. The most sought after breweries I have FT are Surly, Toppling Goliath, Central Waters, and New Glarus. Hit me up some time!

2. Brady

Brady Moderator Staff Member

Please make sure you meet new user requirements before hitting the trade boards, and be sure to participate in the other areas of the site. We like well rounded users!

And Photekut will definitely be watching you!

3. Gene

Gene Administrator Staff Member

While an intro post that talks all about trading often draws much ire from folks here, this quote is what we are very much about. I think you’ll like what you find here, including (especially?) everything non-trading-related.

4. Dunt

Dunt

Check out the Toxic Threads. They are a hoot.

5. tikk

tikk

Welcome to Talkbeer!

Definitely check the place out and become a member of the community, it is the best beer group out there. We have a great group here, that is about so much more than trading.

I can't believe the mods got on this post before me. I'm slacking here.

6. Os

Os

7. BadJustin

BadJustin

Welcome, we are a troupe of sarcastic assholes, but we generally mean well. Don't get scared off and engage in some convo and you'll be on your way in no time.

8. The Ryan

The Ryan

Welcome to the revolution!

9. fbslim20

fbslim20

I appreciate the welcome. There’s a pretty strong culture encouraging integration into the forums. I’m up for participation across the spectrum of threads.

ccbstl, libbey, Gene and 1 other person like this.
  10. andrewdrinks

andrewdrinks

Welcome! Hit the BIFs, crush porches, don't be a dick, and you'll be just fine

ASUBeer likes this.
  11. fbslim20

fbslim20

Just got involved in the Catalina Beer Mixer BIF, I have zero idea what crushing porches means, and 7/10 people that know me would not call me a dick

12. abawol01

abawol01

Ratio is wayyy to high. I'm suspicious now. Goota get that down to 4/10 to really fit in here.

13. fbslim20

fbslim20

I’m from Minnesota, we’re always nice when we talk to you! But behind your back.....

wuntrikpony and mattafett like this.