RateBeer fest 2017

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
giphy.gif

I think last year SP ran out of Derivation at the VIP section but everything else lasted..? It gets hazy halfway through.
Most everything made it through the VIP section, I didn't remember anything running out, but wasn't paying much attention either. The lines didn't even get all that much longer - though I don't anticipate that being the case again this year.

I read most of the "popular" beers had timed pours AFTER the VIP session ended. Based on that I went for the reg Tix. Keeping my expectations in check,for sure.

I'm just going in prepared to drink some good beers, wait in long iines, and lose respect for beer geeks acting like dickheads (cutting, belligerent, sloppy, etc).

I read most of the "popular" beers had timed pours AFTER the VIP session ended. Based on that I went for the reg Tix. Keeping my expectations in check,for sure.

Hmmm. That vanilla DL came on later but I think that was the only one? MD, Westly, Derivation were all tapped during Vip and ran out within the first hour or so of public. (I think...)

I'm just going in prepared to drink some good beers, wait in long iines, and lose respect for beer geeks acting like dickheads (cutting, belligerent, sloppy, etc).

Lines were not so bad last year (unless you were trying to Hill Farm - sup goodbeerhunting) but everyone knows how these things go. I don't expect this to be a must skip event for at least another year. As far as the last sentence, I got you on two of those for sure if someone else wants to pick up the cutting part...

Hmmm. That vanilla DL came on later but I think that was the only one? MD, Westly, Derivation were all tapped during Vip and ran out within the first hour or so of public. (I think...)

Right, FFF was the only one I remember doing timed pours.

A couple of breweries would put on something different when the previous keg blew, so there was a sort of timing mechanism. Side Project and FFF were both like that.

Rough pricing I got from two places is in the $700-$800 range for 10 people for 8 hours. Anyone know of a cheaper option?
I used these guys for my wedding a couple of years ago, as they were fairly cheap: http://airportexpressinc.com/schedule.php

You're at the same price as their scheduled trips though, so I doubt there's much of a discount. Maybe group rates?

Back