Razznarök: Aftermath

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yeahnatenelson

Reaction score
At this point it appears that facebook has actually made good on its promise to crack down on alcohol and tobacco buy-sell-trade-exchange groups. From my perspective all but one of the beer B/S/T groups I belonged to are now gone, including all of the local in-person groups I primarily bought, sold and traded through.

Yes, the MBC's still exist, and a few beer forums* still have a thriving trading community but the active group sizes on facebook were much larger than even on BeerAdvocate, which I would wager has the most active traders, but of course BA's relaxation of guidelines does not now and will likely never include cash transactions.

So my question to those of you who still are into beer, what do you make of this sea change? What impacts do you think this might have on the industry and our little hobby? Can anything replace facebook in terms of impact? Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and seeing your creative "no-eBay" avatars.

*not this one, obvi

I would always see replies to Tired Hands’ Wednesday release posts with “ISO/FT” offers. I assumed that was happening on most other popular beer accounts. I figured that’s where most trading was happening: in line.

Back