Roanoke, VA to Charlotte, NC Bottle Shops? Availability?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fiestaplatypus

Reaction score
Tonight I will be traveling from Staunton, VA down 81-S, past Roanoke and then to 77-S, finally arriving in Charlotte, NC.

I live in the Charlottesville, VA area and work in the valley, so I'm familiar with beers available in those areas and I've been to most of the good shops in Roanoke.

Can anyone give me some recommendations on any shops that I may be passing along the way and any beers that will be available that I may not have access to across the state line? I'm really interested in finding some Wicked Weed sour stuff, other Ashville breweries, or anything from the south that may make it that far north (Westbrook? Cigar City?). I'm hoping to stick to places close to the highway since my fiancé will be waiting in town and will be expecting me to get there in a reasonable amount of time.

Thanks in advance!

NC gets the same Westbrook/Cigar City VA gets.
not too familiar with the Charlotte area shops (I know of Brawleys) Winston-Salem has a good one (City Beverage - like 2-3 blocks from Foothills)) and so does Greensboro (Bestway)

Back