US - Pacific Sacramento Area Thread

Discussion in 'Beer Travel, Events and Releases' started by snuffy707, Jan 4, 2016.

Help Support TalkBeer Community by donating:

1. beerandraiderfan

beerandraiderfan

Ah fuck man this escaped me notification wise.

So yeah, had a great time at New Glory, psychic venom (bc its super easy to drink 14.4% my brother calls it "Psych, it's venom"). Spent like $100 on beers to go, all good.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(love tailgating for baseball after a day on the slopes. Took 2 of 3 from UNLV and swept defending national champs and #2 ranked Oregon St)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Also hit up Moksa and Moonraker, great stuff as well, as usual. Tail Dust, 3 Ply and their anny beers were my faves from Moksa. I think I got Dr. Chill and something else from Moonraker. Jungle Double Crush I think. New label, purple harambes.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Buddy brought this to March Madness from Moksa. Was good, but very sweet pastry stouty. I domed a Willitized Coffee Stout last night watching the greatest hockey game I've ever seen (yeah bouy), I dunno man, $7.88 for 22oz of non pastry bal stout is way more up my alley.

[​IMG]

Man I know its beer week, but this Hops & Props event @ McClellan Saturday looks awesome. So many great planes.
    [​IMG]
    Anyone else got beer week plans?

2. atomicpunk5151

atomicpunk5151

I have hit New Glory a few times in the past few weeks. Agreed, great stuff there.

Tried all 3 of the new Releases this week. Fully Baked Imperial Stout. Also Sip Sip Pass dipa and Redacted ipa.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also from last week out on the patio at NG Granite Bay.....

[​IMG]

3. stupac2

stupac2

I dunno why I've never thought to post in this thread before, I've been getting to Sacramento a lot more often lately thanks to the Train Museum, I think my kid would live there if he could. Both times we've just stopped by Urban Roots for lunch, and while I like them a good bit it might make sense to switch it up sometimes. Anything else a short drive from old town that's worth doing?

4. beerandraiderfan

beerandraiderfan

I really like Fieldwork and Big Stump was aight? I think the night we hit Urban Roots we also hit those two up, relatively close by.

This is good from Big Stump
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Really dug their pilsner.

I'm a basic Chipotle and Fieldwork ipa guy though. Eating MREs and drinking Red Dog in my early years makes everything else seem good enough.

Oh shit, there's that Above the Treeline from NG I couldn't find earlier. Never been to the non Granite Bay location for NG, but I dig their beers. Food at GB is average. Shit here's all those pics I was looking for earlier. Sorry its in response to you, but I guess its kind of instructive how much I like the breweries north/east of Sac if you make it up that way (very convenient on the way/back to the Eclipse party. . . ).
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Nevada County has a rail museum too, might wanna bring the kid out that way. I like the Ol' Republic brewery there, one of their owners is in a Tom Petty cover band. Wouldn't make the trip for the beer alone, but the area, the food, the vibe, the music, love Nevada City.

atomicpunk5151 and flexabull like this.
  5. atomicpunk5151

atomicpunk5151

FYI. I am pretty sure No kids at the Fieldwork Tap Room in midtown Sacramento. Very small spot. Great beer though....

Urban Roots is the best bet for sure for great beer, food and kid friendly.

But if your looking to change it up..... Bike Dog has a Taproom on Broadway and 9th a few blocks from old town. Kid Friendly with food. https://bikedogbrewing.com/broadway-taproom/

Capital Hop Shop is also in Downtown Sac on 15th and I st. 40 great local beers on tap. Plenty of Pub food. Kid Friendly. http://www.capitalhopshop.com/

stupac2, BrandoSF and flexabull like this.
  6. flexabull

flexabull

I took my five-year-old to Fieldwork last year. No problems.

BrandoSF and atomicpunk5151 like this.
  7. atomicpunk5151

atomicpunk5151

Thanks for clarifying.

That's funny though. I never see kids in there and I have been 20+ times to the Sac location...lol... Usually just dogs on the patio. Though I guess I only go at lunch during the weekdays with the business/office worker crowd.

flexabull likes this.
  8. stupac2

stupac2

Keep in mind I live in Oakland, driving to Sacramento to go to Fieldwork would be pretty odd.

9. beerandraiderfan

beerandraiderfan

Father and son leaving Oakland to go hundreds of miles away to do the same activity they could have been doing in Oakland. Sounds familiar. . .

brentsdodgers likes this.
  10. BrandoSF

BrandoSF

Does anybody happen to have an extra ticket to the Moonraker event on Saturday?

ttc and bigstrunso like this.