Salt lake city area

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josh2

Premium Non-Supporting Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone here familiar with SLC and the surrounding area?
Theres a 99.9% of me relocating there within the next 30 days, and I'm pretty clueless about utah as a whole.

The only things i know is that their gun laws are awesome and liquor/beer laws suck.

Theres a 99.9% of me relocating there within the next 30 days, and I'm pretty clueless about utah as a whole.

The only things i know is that their gun laws are awesome and liquor/beer laws suck.
Sugerhouse area is pretty awesome these days

liquor/beer laws are not impossible to live in and you can buy wine these days at the grocery store

I should mention I was born and raised there and get back every other year

I just moved to Park City from Southern California for work purposes. It is taking some getting used to for me, as I have only been here for two months.

Beer laws are weird, but there's still some cool places. Epic is cool but tiny and with the laws you have to buy food in order to consume alcohol. Uinta is more my style and has a better feel to it. And their beers honestly aren't bad.

Some of the state liquor stores get some cool beers. I was able to find some Abyss a couple weeks ago which was nice.

I just moved to Park City from Southern California for work purposes. It is taking some getting used to for me, as I have only been here for two months.

Beer laws are weird, but there's still some cool places. Epic is cool but tiny and with the laws you have to buy food in order to consume alcohol. Uinta is more my style and has a better feel to it. And their beers honestly aren't bad.

Some of the state liquor stores get some cool beers. I was able to find some Abyss a couple weeks ago which was nice.

I've been here for 3 days. Not quite culture shock, but pretty close.

Luckily I brought a couple cases of beer to tide me over until I make a weekend visit back to the family.

If you ever want anything from California, hit me up. I'll be making somewhat regular trips back until the end of summer.

Looks like we're headed to SLC for some Red Bull run up a mountain and die race in September. Think we're staying at a friends cabin so accommodations should be taken care of. Literally know nothing of the area, so any restaurant and beer suggestions would be welcomed.

Also gonna have a layover for a few hours in SLC, so if there are any spots to hit in the airport for some good food and/or beer, that would be helpful as well.

:)

Heading back to my homeland April 29th to party in Park City.
If anyone wants to grab a brew, crack some beers, I'll have a townhouse to party in.
Wish I would've seen this post before now. I was over in California this past weekend and would've stocked up.
I should be in town that weekend. Park City is only about 30 minutes from my place. Count me in if I'm around.

Looks like we're headed to SLC for some Red Bull run up a mountain and die race in September. Think we're staying at a friends cabin so accommodations should be taken care of. Literally know nothing of the area, so any restaurant and beer suggestions would be welcomed.

Also gonna have a layover for a few hours in SLC, so if there are any spots to hit in the airport for some good food and/or beer, that would be helpful as well.

:)
Wasatch has a restaurant there. The one here in town has some great food and I've heard the airport is just as good.

Where in SLC are you staying? I'm guessing since it's a cabin, it's somewhere east of the city proper.

Wish I would've seen this post before now. I was over in California this past weekend and would've stocked up.
I should be in town that weekend. Park City is only about 30 minutes from my place. Count me in if I'm around.

Beer quantity or quality isn't important

Notifications are far and few in between.

Being downtown, you have any good recs other than beer bar and the bayou for non run of the mill offerings?

Not really but looking for someone to throw in on special orders so we should definitely talk :)

In Park City for the weekend. Any good beer bars or bottle shops worth checking out?

In Park City for the weekend. Any good beer bars or bottle shops worth checking out?

Nothing really worth going to in Park City other than High West if you like Whiskey.

If you venture down to the valley (Salt Lake City) there are a couple spots I would recommend:

Beer Bar, Beerhive. They actually have good beers unlike most places around.

Nothing really worth going to in Park City other than High West if you like Whiskey.

If you venture down to the valley (Salt Lake City) there are a couple spots I would recommend:

Beer Bar, Beerhive. They actually have good beers unlike most places around.
Ended up getting some interesting local stuff at a state run store in town.

Back