San Jose trip - Great Bottle Shops?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KindofBlues711

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm going to San Jose on business the last week of Oct. and was wondering what bottle shops were worth checking out? I live in CT and want to try stuff we can't get. How hard is it to find RR sours/Pliny, Firestone Walker, Rare Barrel, etc. in stores?

Thanks,
KindofBlues71

Hey everyone,

I'm going to San Jose on business the last week of Oct. and was wondering what bottle shops were worth checking out? I live in CT and want to try stuff we can't get. How hard is it to find RR sours/Pliny, Firestone Walker, Rare Barrel, etc. in stores?

Thanks,
KindofBlues71

I know FW should be easy to find, but I live quite a ways from San Jose, so I'm sorry I can't help any more than that.

Thx flexabull. I figured that most of the beers would be nearly impossible to find in stores. I may have better luck getting the stuff I'm looking for on tap.

The wine Club - best prices, good slection
Santa Clara Liquors - good prices, good selection
ISO beer - good prices, good selction
cask and flask - best selection, horrible prices

no bottle shops carry rare barrel and RR is becoming more scarce and scarce as bottle shops try and take advantage of them. you may be able to find a few RR sours but it will be hard. good luck

Hey everyone,

Thanks,
KindofBlues71

not sure of your schedule or transportation situation, but you could be in SF on Caltrain or BART (location dependent) in an hour to 90 minutes. Some of the shops here have RR more consistently, or arrange IP trades with kind locals. Just a thought ;)

The wine Club - best prices, good slection
Santa Clara Liquors - good prices, good selection
ISO beer - good prices, good selction
cask and flask - best selection, horrible prices

no bottle shops carry rare barrel and RR is becoming more scarce and scarce as bottle shops try and take advantage of them. you may be able to find a few RR sours but it will be hard. good luck

+1

No RR anywhere. You might find Damnation.

Your best bet like buzzword said is to set up some IP trades. If you need some RR shelf sours, I can pull some of of my cella...closet.

Also, if you are in San Jose you MUST visit Sante Adairius, just over the "hill" in Capitola.

What they said above..

You could probably find a few IP to trade you RR and Rare Barrel stuff (like me). You might be able to run into some pliny if you hit the right store on the right thursday afternoon. Artisan Wine in Los Gatos is another good spot in addition to what Abstract mentioned.

Thx for the advice everyone! I'm going to be short on time and the closest place to me will be Cask 'n Flask, which is the most expensive unfortunately. I'm not bringing any beer with me, otherwise I'd be down for some trades.

Thanks again!

Thx for the advice everyone! I'm going to be short on time and the closest place to me will be Cask 'n Flask, which is the most expensive unfortunately. I'm not bringing any beer with me, otherwise I'd be down for some trades.

Thanks again!

where are you going to be working out of?

Back