Sanibel/Fort Myers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakeox

Reaction score
I'm going to be in Sanibel for about two weeks starting Sunday night ... anyone nearby want to grab a beer at newly-opened Point Ybel Brewing Company or Fort Myers Brewing Company? I know very little about either but suspect I'll be drinking a substantial amount of beer from both. Hoping to take a road trip in to Tampa but unsure of exact plans on that -- would like to visit CCB since I'll be relatively close but otherwise I'm planning to drink whatever fresh beer is around and relax for a bit.

I'm going to be in Sanibel for about two weeks starting Sunday night ... anyone nearby want to grab a beer at newly-opened Point Ybel Brewing Company or Fort Myers Brewing Company? I know very little about either but suspect I'll be drinking a substantial amount of beer from both. Hoping to take a road trip in to Tampa but unsure of exact plans on that -- would like to visit CCB since I'll be relatively close but otherwise I'm planning to drink whatever fresh beer is around and relax for a bit.
Definitely check out Zushi Zushi in FMB. It's the only hybrid beer bar / sushi joint I've ever come across.

Point Y'bel and Fort Myers Brewing are a little bit of a drive from each other but definitely worth it. I have not been to Zushi Zushi but I have friends that tell me it is amazing. There is a total wine and a world of beer across the street from each other, and most publix's will have fresh jai alai and maduro from ccb. There is also a restaurant called Cabana that just opened up in the target plaza right next to point y'bell that is supposed to be a craft beer/burger bar but I have not heard any reviews of it. I'm rambling, sorry, point Y'bell will be a really short drive for you but Fort Myers Brewing will be a good 30 minutes, but they have more styles of beer I think. Any way if you have any questions shoot me a message, I'm always happy to help!

Today is my last day in Ft Myers, but definitely check out Stillewater Grille. As of Friday night, they had BCBS and Bourbon County Barleywine on tap, along with a good assortment of Cigar City drafts...Mango IPA and Cubano Espresso come to mind. Food is great, too.

Didn't get a chance to make it to Point Y'bel or Fort Myers Brewing so hope I get to check them out next time I'm down visiting the family.

Point Y'bel and Fort Myers Brewing are a little bit of a drive from each other but definitely worth it. I have not been to Zushi Zushi but I have friends that tell me it is amazing. There is a total wine and a world of beer across the street from each other, and most publix's will have fresh jai alai and maduro from ccb. There is also a restaurant called Cabana that just opened up in the target plaza right next to point y'bell that is supposed to be a craft beer/burger bar but I have not heard any reviews of it. I'm rambling, sorry, point Y'bell will be a really short drive for you but Fort Myers Brewing will be a good 30 minutes, but they have more styles of beer I think. Any way if you have any questions shoot me a message, I'm always happy to help!

Thanks -- we stopped by Point Ybel yesterday and tried their lineup. Black Mangrove was my favorite of the regular beers they had on, but they had Snook Bite IPA randalled through Cascade hops that tasted fantastic. Nice little tasting room, and they seemed pretty busy early on a Thursday, so hopefully they continue to do well.

We also stopped by the Total Wine nearby and did pretty well ... apparently Black Ops is a shelf turd around here.

If you end up making the trip up to Tampa/St Pete shoot me a message, I might be able to head over and meet up.

Thanks and will do. I'm hoping to do it early next week, but it requires cooperation from the in-laws since they have the rental cars.

Today is my last day in Ft Myers, but definitely check out Stillewater Grille. As of Friday night, they had BCBS and Bourbon County Barleywine on tap, along with a good assortment of Cigar City drafts...Mango IPA and Cubano Espresso come to mind. Food is great, too.

Didn't get a chance to make it to Point Y'bel or Fort Myers Brewing so hope I get to check them out next time I'm down visiting the family.

That place sounds great -- I'll add it to the list. I think Point Ybel is worth checking out. Nothing on tap was amazing but they had a couple solid beers and will probably keep dialing stuff in.

Shteiven, I am going to be down on Marco Island Today thru Saturday. I have never been down there, so I don't know how close things are. Send me a message if this is relatively convenient and you want to grab a beer or share a bottle.

Going to be on Sanibel for the week starting Sunday. Anything new in the last year? Anyone else going to be there this week. Banking on those long shots.

this exact time last year, RC Otter's on Captiva had BCBS on draft and 4 packs in the attached store on black friday. conch fritters were delicious as well.

this exact time last year, RC Otter's on Captiva had BCBS on draft and 4 packs in the attached store on black friday. conch fritters were delicious as well.
freakout.gif

I'll have to check out RC otters when im there next month. if you're on Captiva, get the grouper sandwhich at the mucky duck. so hnnnggg. they've always seemed to have Jai Alai on draft as well and you can't be the view.

I'll have to check out RC otters when im there next month. if you're on Captiva, get the grouper sandwhich at the mucky duck. so hnnnggg. they've always seemed to have Jai Alai on draft as well and you can't be the view.
Agreed on the view and the Jai Alai. I tend to stick to fruity tropical drinks when I'm in Sanibel, though. Srsly.

Back