SARA's Cellar

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Help' started by Mesa512, Sep 19, 2016.

1. stupac2

stupac2

Being a knockoff of the second-worst glass design isn't helping its case.

2. Mesa512

Mesa512

So I am a huge Gin fan. Love trying new gin's all the time. My personal favorite right now is Bar Hill Gin from VT. That stuff is amazing alone or in a mixed drink.

I recently discovered that Recency Effect is aged in gin barrels and am very interested in getting a bottle. I was thinking of offering CD19 + Elaborative 5 for a bottle. Does this seem fair? Should I add? I haven't seen it trade much

Any help would be appreciated.

facesnorth likes this.
  3. drgarage

drgarage

Will probably need to add. It was a society exclusive, 1pp release. Everyone I know has drank theirs.

facesnorth and Mesa512 like this.
  4. Mesa512

Mesa512

drgarage Okay, thanks! That gives me a starting point at least. Appreciate the help. Maybe adding on a loon or another limited HF bottle like Arthur Puncheon?

drgarage likes this.
  5. brentsdodgers

brentsdodgers

Something like that might get you close. I drank mine already as well. Hopefully you find someone as it is delicious.
    Side note is that they were pouring it this year at Ratebeer so some folks in the club got to try it then as well. Definitely drank my fair share that day.

Mesa512, jtmartino and drgarage like this.
  6. drgarage

drgarage

That would certainly have gotten my attention if I still had one. I'd say it's close to 1:1 for Art or Flora, but it surely depends on who still has it.

facesnorth and Mesa512 like this.
  7. brentsdodgers

brentsdodgers

I know it's not what most people like to hear but you could wait for a possible batch 2. I'm not basing this on anything besides the fact they got the barrels from a local distillery and it was anais (their house saison) in the barrels. And from Tim talking about how much he enjoyed it I could only imagine they would want to do it again.

8. Mesa512

Mesa512

Great! Thanks for the feedback.

Yeah that's always a possibility as well. I know nothing is certain or set in stone, but one can dream haha. Hopefully they will make it again. Thanks for the info!

Last edited: May 16, 2017
  9. stupac2

stupac2

Isn't the problem that they just don't make very much of that gin? CharlieMurphy was saying that it's in like 15-gallon barrels and they only do two a year. If that's the case then it's going to always be quite limited.

jtmartino, Ryan_G and Mesa512 like this.
  10. matedog

matedog

I've got zero emotional attachment to mine and no interest in trying to win a trade with this glass, so anyone else interested in it?

11. Ryan_G

Ryan_G

nophunk is

ABSTRACTlegend, Mesa512 and mateoloco like this.
  12. nophunk

nophunk

last year's or this year's?

Mesa512 likes this.
  13. brentsdodgers

brentsdodgers

Didn't know it was that limited. They could use the same barrels though yeah? Not sure how much character your losing batch to batch. We have some of those gin barrels down here at Alvarado as well with a saison in it.

buzzword likes this.
  14. stupac2

stupac2

When I've played with barrels for construction the difference between first- and second-use barrels has been stark. I'd be surprised if much, if any, of the spirit was left behind.

brentsdodgers likes this.
  15. bird22

bird22

Definitely 55 gallon barrels.

16. MikeJones

MikeJones

Since cornboy and santelogic just hooked me up with my first SARAs in the SSF BIF I would love some matching glassware.

cornboy, Beerologist and Mesa512 like this.
  17. shescrafty831

shescrafty831

Question for some Vet Sara folks....does anyone have a Tripod? I had some....drank them by now...Searching for one for personal reasons, I'm sure some know why. It wasn't a huge hit, but it would mean a lot to me to obtain one.

18. Davidsoul

Davidsoul

When do you need it by? I have a Tripod I don't need but I'm going on vacation for a bit. Shoot me a PM I guess.

GregorySingh, Tlo4sho and mateoloco like this.
  19. beer4everysaison

beer4everysaison

Hey guys and gals,

I’ve been a long time Sara fan and lived in Northern California for the better part of the last seven years (military so we move a lot, but just got stationed back here!). We have been going to the brewery in Capitola a couple times a month since we live a couple hours away and when their waiting list for SARAs cellar went public in 2014, we signed up.

I realize that the easiest way off the list is to probably be a local, but any way to find out our status? I know they said they were like 3-5 years out when we signed up and it’s only been like 3 years, but I tried emailing their old gmail address to ask and it just auto replies that the wait list is closed. Is that wait list still in use? Any info is greatly appreciated, new to TB but longtime wild ale/saison/mixed culture fermentation aficionado, would love more access to their beers! Cheers!

20. iong516

iong516

Luckyyy. I think that's exactly how you get in the club?