Whiskey Scotch

Discussion in 'Whiskey, Wine & Other Booze' started by JRE, Dec 9, 2013.

1. IndianaJones

IndianaJones

And at 60.8% ABV, too. Am I wrong in thinking that seems higher than usual for scotch?

2. auracom

auracom

yes it's absolutely on the higher side. but that simply means more potential for flavor! ;)

Digita7693 and IndianaJones like this.
  3. bramsdell

bramsdell

Went to Bunnie this summer on my honeymoon. Their juice is excellent, but for me, the best part was all of the insane finishes. Was also the jankiest distillery on Islay, which made it all the cooler.

DraculaDeronda, GRDave, kbuzz and 4 others like this.
  4. PrinceCasual

PrinceCasual

In general, younger peated Islay has the power I'm looking for when it starts to get cold. I had a Doug Lainrig refill Hogshead Laphroaig 15, and then a regular Laphroaig 10 CS the other night, and honestly I just can't get enough of the normal, american oak Laphroaig. The IB bottle is more cerebral, but I love the normal CS more, most nights.

bramsdell, Digita7693, kbuzz and 2 others like this.
  5. bramsdell

bramsdell

My wife and I have been scotch fans for some time and Islay is by far our favorite region. We went there for our honeymoon and went to every distillery, private tours, tastings, etc. My wife will still pick Laphroaig 10 over 90% of other bottles we can buy in most any store. There's nothing else like it, including all of the other casking variants and other age statements.

PrinceCasual likes this.
  6. belvedere86

belvedere86

Time to give this scotch stuff another try! Gotta admit Im most excited for the cognac :oops:

(Link to media)

7. Digita7693

Digita7693

To be fair id be most excited about the cognac too, but not really a fair fight. Two 50ish € bottles and a what 100€ cognac?

GRDave, Max and Der Fuchs like this.
  8. belvedere86

belvedere86

Where can you find macallan 12 sherry for 50? I paid 80 euro... Opened the glenmorangie yesterday and Im glad to tell I loved it. Mint and chocolate on the palate.

The cognac was also pretty good. Although in the brandy league best bang for the buck would be a calvados xo for almost half of the price...

Der Fuchs likes this.
  9. Digita7693

Digita7693

Thought it was regular 12, but a quick internet search shows it for 60€-70€, im pretty sure my local has it for 68€.

10. PrinceCasual

PrinceCasual

You can buy Mac12 Sherry in Washington DC at Costco for $54.99.

Which means it's probably $69.99 on the self at a regular store who doesn't sell it at "their cost" like Costco does.

Cognac is so good when you've been drinking scotch all night. Cordon Bleu + Godiva "Dark Chocolate Pearls" is my late night dirty pleasure. I don't like scotch with desert usually, makes it too "grainy" for lack of a better word. Cognac and chocolate is heavenly.

11. GRDave

GRDave

My first Ardbeg Corryvreckan
    [​IMG]
    Lots going on here, smoky (obviously), but sweet and ashy. Love it. Wife tasted it and said “I don’t want to like scotch too”. Uh oh

bramsdell, Digita7693 and kbuzz like this.
  12. kbuzz

kbuzz

Nothing (on that sweet spectrum at least) compares to Oogie.