Seattle Beer Week 2015

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waltersrj

Reaction score
So there are a whole crap load of amazing events this year and I want to know if I'm running into any of you amazing people starting the end of this week?

I'll be at:
Drakes pint night at Toronado Seattle.
Hair of the Dog beer dinner at The Burgundian.
Sour Fest at Brouwers.

Cheers to a wonderful week to be in Seattle and this year it's going to be sunny every day!

Ryan

Sadly I can't make it up this weekend, but if I was, I would be at stout fest. Especially after seeing the taplist. Then I would want to check out Reuben's new space on Saturday. And possible Stoup's new outdoor space. I know, not all SBW events, but just things going on this weekend.

Hitting Chucks tonight for the Fremont/Breakside release, probably checking out Reuben's new space on Saturday, and definitely doing the Barley Browns/Boneyard/Melvin event at Brouwers next Tuesday.

Sour Fest can eat a dick. I'm not taking a day off work to wait in line. I'll drink the leftovers the next day with no crowds.

Sour Fest can eat a dick. I'm not taking a day off work to wait in line. I'll drink the leftovers the next day with no crowds.

Lol. I actually don't think I'm going now either. The list isn't that great IMO, and I've got plenty of sour beers from the DG party. Was great to see you Nic and meet your dad!

Lol. I actually don't think I'm going now either. The list isn't that great IMO, and I've got plenty of sour beers from the DG party. Was great to see you Nic and meet your dad!

The list isn't super intriguing at all compared to previous years. Nice to see the Crux/Crooked Stave collab on the list, but I've got a bottle so no need to trek over for it.

I normally prefer the more low-key events at SBW. Super sad Firkin Firkin has been ruined because of the Elysian sale. That was always one of my favorite SBW events.

I'll be at sourfest. **** the h8rs.

But yeah, list isn't crazy right now. Still going to be good, and I'll probably find a diamond in the rough or two that I really enjoy. They've also only listed 50 taps, so I wouldn't be surprised if there were a few other treats in store.

No Hair of the Dog beer dinner people? Just me? I know the price is hefty but sometimes you gotta toss that scrilla in the air and make it rain. Gonna be an amazing dinner tomorrow night. I will report back here once I've Uber'd back and post many drunk things. I'm assuming that drinking Rye FftW, CAftW, Matt, Blue Dot, Little Adam, Adam, Michael, and Otto along with any shenanigans that Alan pulls during the 4.5 hour event would get anyone at least moderately drunk.

HotD dinner does nothing for me honestly. It's neat, but HotD has lost a ton of the lustre they used to have in my mind. And if I'm dropping money on dinner, I'll go somewhere else (speaking of that, Altura has a solid beer list).

Gonna stop by Schooner and try some of their sours after work, pop in at Brouwers for Three Headed Hop Monster and then finish at Burgundian for the WA (Holy Mountain)/OR (Boneyard)/CA (Iron Fist) beer battle before walking home.

Is 2x4 honestly as good as people are making it out to be? I didn't make it to brouwers last night because I was up in Bellingham.

The Hair of the Dog beer dinner last night was absolutely phenomenal. I'm glad that there are plenty of people that don't enjoy Alan's beer anymore so that I can have more to myself. The food that Chef Jeffery Davidson created was pure art and absolutely fun and phenomenal. The beers Alan poured were amazing and perfectly paired.

Course 1: Otto Poached Foie Gras Tartine with pickled huckleberry and peppercress paired with Otto from the Wood.
Course 2: Cedar Plank Scallops with caper berries, Squid Ink, and pickled peppers paired with Michael 2012.
Course 3: Fried Duck and Waffles with orange hop marmalade, Brouwer's Single Barrel 4 Roses Bourbon maple syrup paired with Fred from the Wood 2014.
Course 4: Beer Lees Black Cod with cabbage roll, Cilantro oil, shaved ginger, and kelp paired with fresh Blue Dot.
Course 5: Elk Shank Torchon braised in it's own marrow on hash brown, cherry demi glaze, and roasted carrots paired with Cherry Adam from the Wood 2015.
Course 6: Shaved Vegetable Salad intermezzo with spring vegetables, fresh herbs, and tossed in sour beer vinaigrette.
Course 7: Dessert Sampler; Cherry gel "gummy" with chili, Rogue Farms award winning blue bay blue cheese, home made coffee chocolate, and "super crack" (house made white chocolate with peanut butter, toasted coconut, and smoke) paired with Matt 2013.

'Twas pure bliss. Thanks to Alan at Hair of the Dog, Chef Jeffery Davidson and the Burgundian Staff, as well as Vern and Phil Bonney.

Cheers all
Ryan

2 x 4 was really good. I thought it was better than 3 headed hop monster but I seem to be in the minority with that opinion.

I'm disappointed I didn't make it to Fremont in time for ancient one or the lamb. But beer 1000 was quite tasty.

I only had Ancient One since I was out on a run when I stopped in. Was The Lamb a new batch or the old one? Still have one bottle left from that release.

At Boneyard Beergasm I had both 2x4 and Citradamus, and 2x4 was positively buttery compared to how amazing Citradamus was.

It appears that way doesn't it...

But to be far we had no idea there was only one bottle and we just wanted to try all 3 side by side. Plus the owner said he drank the other 5.

Oh yeah, I know, haha, we talked to him too. If they're only sending six bottles to the entire state, then I'm fairly surprised I got that close to even one.

Back