US - Northwest Seattle/Belltown

Discussion in 'Beer Travel, Events and Releases' started by Lizard King, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Lizard King

Lizard King

Heading to Seattle in a few weeks. Staying near the Space Needle/Belltown. Any bars or brewpubs within walking distance of the area I need to visit?

2. NWer

NWer

3. OakedCanuck

OakedCanuck

Very much this.

Also, Fremont/Ballard area is a 5-10 minutes cab/bus ride away. Once you're over there, there are at least a dozen places you can walk to for beer and great food. Fremont Brewing, Brouwers Cafe, 6gill, RoRo BBQ, Hales Ales, Theos chocolates. Bottleworks is just another couple minutes up the hill.

Around the needle, it is a MUST to make the <1 mile walk over to the Wurst Place. Fantastic tap list (almost always has Boneyard on), great brats and frites. On your way back, stop at Whole Foods Westlake for bottles.

I would recommend walking down to Toulouse Petit/Peso's Kitchen & Lounge for a meal. Amazing food.

Message me if you have any questions.

4. flexabull

flexabull

Just got back from another visit to Seattle. Thought Reuben's had excellent beers, and is pretty close to places like Brouwers, Fremont, Hales, Maritime, etc...

I've never been to Pine Box, but I've heard good things, and it would be pretty close to Belltown. (probably a very short cab ride)

jeblikesbeer and duketheredeemer like this.
  5. Lizard King

Lizard King

Thanks for the help guys!

6. JesusTom!

JesusTom!

Beeringham, WA, USA, North America, Earth
    As long as you're going to be here a while, you can probably find time for one of my favorite Seatthole pub crawls. Start in the Fremont neighborhood, hit Fremont Brewing and Brouwers Cafe. Then just walk down that main street (36th?). If you're feeling dehydrated, hit whatever bar looks interested. You will walk right past Hale's Brewery, they don't get a lot of on-line love, but I think it's worth a stop. Keep truckin' on and you'll come Maritime Pacific Brewery, and their pub. Similar story to Hale's, But I generally like their brews well wnough, and I've found the beer to generally good. Continue strollin', make a couple turns, and you'll find yourself in Ballard.

In Ballard, you've got more options than time. I'm a big fan of Noble Fir, on The Ave, but there are plenty of new breweries that I haven't checked out, and lots of bars. Cab or bus back to your bed.

sharpski and duketheredeemer like this.
  7. drgarage

drgarage

Noble Fir rocks. I had an imperial IPA there from Oakshire that kind of blew my mind. Magical keg.

8. MikeC

MikeC

Tavern Law is pretty awesome, mostly high end cocktails there. Pro-tip: Use the phone mounted on the wall to be invited upstairs to a really classy drinking experience.

9. Ryan_G

Ryan_G

Have the afternoon/evening to fit in some beer spots within short striking distance (bus/cab/walk) of Capitol Hill area, is this a good list?

Elysian
    Fremont Brewing
    Bottleworks
    Brouwer's Cafe

On vacation with my wife, so need some spots that she can dig that have nearby attractions/sights and have some funky brews for her.

Last edited: May 28, 2014
  10. flexabull

flexabull

The bottom three you listed are in, or very close to the Fremont neighborhood and not Capitol Hill. So you'd be probably taking a bus or cab there.

But it's worth it as far as the beers go. What's your wife looking to do?

Ryan_G likes this.
  11. Ryan_G

Ryan_G

Fine with me. I am use to traveling around a city in search of fun spots. I can pair Elysian with Pine Box and then do Brouwer's and Fremont.

She is coming with, but if there is nearby shopping/park and other stuff for us to do together that be great.

Is Bottleworks worth a visit?

flexabull likes this.
  12. drgarage

drgarage

Bottleworks is definitely worth the visit, especially because you can pair it with Maggie Moon's ice cream and/or Archie McPhee. I'd also recommend checking out Noble Fir -- it's an incredible beer spot, and it's around the corner from some of the best restaurants in Seattle.

duketheredeemer and Ryan_G like this.
  13. Ryan_G

Ryan_G

Great!

What restaurant(s) would you recommend? Better half is a vegetarian who will eat fish (yeah, I know!)?

14. drgarage

drgarage

Walrus and the Carpenter is your spot, then.
    http://thewalrusbar.com
    Definite more a fish/shellfish spot than a vegetarian one, but well worth the wait -- which you can spend at Noble Fir.

Ryan_G likes this.
  15. flexabull

flexabull

Gas Works Park is a funky and interesting place with views of Lake Union and Downtown Seattle and is quite close to Fremont Brewing.

Plenty of funky shopping in the area too.

I'd try to track down some beers from Reuben's too. I was very impressed with a number of their beers.

Oh, and yeah Bottleworks is definitely worth it. Even if you don't buy anything, they have a good tap selection in the back. It's not like I remember it from years ago when I lived there though, the last time I went the guy working was a douche/hipster.

16. flexabull

flexabull

Musashi's might be a good spot to grab a bite to eat. It's a tiny and really popular Japanese place just a few blocks from Bottlework's.

17. michael

michael

Hey guys, I'm gonna be in Seattle at the end of next week. Anywhere around town I can buy a styro-shipper?

18. OakedCanuck

OakedCanuck

What size? 6 or 12?

I have a few laying around you can have.

michael and libbey like this.
  19. Josh

Josh

Instead of starting a new thread, I'll bump this one.
    I'm going to be up there next month from the 12th-16th.
    I'm meeting up with some friends after a concert at the paramount Friday night and looking for a nice bar to kill some time in beforehand.
    I know there's a lot of options In the city, but looking for a place walking to/from the theater.

As for the rest of the time, I'm staying in Lynnhood and travelling between Marysville and Snohomish. Anything that I "shouldn't miss" in the relative vicinity of those areas?

duketheredeemer likes this.
  20. duketheredeemer

duketheredeemer

The Pine Box rules, and is SUPER close to the Paramount.

libbey, juanmalamunga and Josh like this.