Seattle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lizard King

Reaction score
Heading to Seattle in a few weeks. Staying near the Space Needle/Belltown. Any bars or brewpubs within walking distance of the area I need to visit?

Check out Bambinos for starters.

Very much this.

Also, Fremont/Ballard area is a 5-10 minutes cab/bus ride away. Once you're over there, there are at least a dozen places you can walk to for beer and great food. Fremont Brewing, Brouwers Cafe, 6gill, RoRo BBQ, Hales Ales, Theos chocolates. Bottleworks is just another couple minutes up the hill.

Around the needle, it is a MUST to make the <1 mile walk over to the Wurst Place. Fantastic tap list (almost always has Boneyard on), great brats and frites. On your way back, stop at Whole Foods Westlake for bottles.

I would recommend walking down to Toulouse Petit/Peso's Kitchen & Lounge for a meal. Amazing food.

Message me if you have any questions.

Heading to Seattle in a few weeks. Staying near the Space Needle/Belltown. Any bars or brewpubs within walking distance of the area I need to visit?

Just got back from another visit to Seattle. Thought Reuben's had excellent beers, and is pretty close to places like Brouwers, Fremont, Hales, Maritime, etc...

I've never been to Pine Box, but I've heard good things, and it would be pretty close to Belltown. (probably a very short cab ride)

As long as you're going to be here a while, you can probably find time for one of my favorite Seatthole pub crawls. Start in the Fremont neighborhood, hit Fremont Brewing and Brouwers Cafe. Then just walk down that main street (36th?). If you're feeling dehydrated, hit whatever bar looks interested. You will walk right past Hale's Brewery, they don't get a lot of on-line love, but I think it's worth a stop. Keep truckin' on and you'll come Maritime Pacific Brewery, and their pub. Similar story to Hale's, But I generally like their brews well wnough, and I've found the beer to generally good. Continue strollin', make a couple turns, and you'll find yourself in Ballard.

In Ballard, you've got more options than time. I'm a big fan of Noble Fir, on The Ave, but there are plenty of new breweries that I haven't checked out, and lots of bars. Cab or bus back to your bed.

As long as you're going to be here a while, you can probably find time for one of my favorite Seatthole pub crawls. Start in the Fremont neighborhood, hit Fremont Brewing and Brouwers Cafe. Then just walk down that main street (36th?). If you're feeling dehydrated, hit whatever bar looks interested. You will walk right past Hale's Brewery, they don't get a lot of on-line love, but I think it's worth a stop. Keep truckin' on and you'll come Maritime Pacific Brewery, and their pub. Similar story to Hale's, But I generally like their brews well wnough, and I've found the beer to generally good. Continue strollin', make a couple turns, and you'll find yourself in Ballard.

In Ballard, you've got more options than time. I'm a big fan of Noble Fir, on The Ave, but there are plenty of new breweries that I haven't checked out, and lots of bars. Cab or bus back to your bed.
Noble Fir rocks. I had an imperial IPA there from Oakshire that kind of blew my mind. Magical keg.

Tavern Law is pretty awesome, mostly high end cocktails there. Pro-tip: Use the phone mounted on the wall to be invited upstairs to a really classy drinking experience.

Have the afternoon/evening to fit in some beer spots within short striking distance (bus/cab/walk) of Capitol Hill area, is this a good list?

Elysian
Fremont Brewing
Bottleworks
Brouwer's Cafe

On vacation with my wife, so need some spots that she can dig that have nearby attractions/sights and have some funky brews for her.

Last edited:
Have the afternoon/evening to fit in some beer spots within short striking distance (bus/cab/walk) of Capitol Hill area, is this a good list?

Elysian
Fremont Brewing
Bottleworks
Brouwer's Cafe

On vacation with my wife, so need some spots that she can dig that have nearby attractions/sights and have some funky brews for her.

The bottom three you listed are in, or very close to the Fremont neighborhood and not Capitol Hill. So you'd be probably taking a bus or cab there.

But it's worth it as far as the beers go. What's your wife looking to do?

The bottom three you listed are in, or very close to the Fremont neighborhood and not Capitol Hill. So you'd be probably taking a bus or cab there.

But it's worth it as far as the beers go. What's your wife looking to do?

Fine with me. I am use to traveling around a city in search of fun spots. I can pair Elysian with Pine Box and then do Brouwer's and Fremont.

She is coming with, but if there is nearby shopping/park and other stuff for us to do together that be great.

Is Bottleworks worth a visit?

Fine with me. I am use to traveling around a city in search of fun spots. I can pair Elysian with Pine Box and then do Brouwer's and Fremont.

She is coming with, but if there is nearby shopping/park and other stuff for us to do together that be great.

Bottleworks is definitely worth the visit, especially because you can pair it with Maggie Moon's ice cream and/or Archie McPhee. I'd also recommend checking out Noble Fir -- it's an incredible beer spot, and it's around the corner from some of the best restaurants in Seattle.

Bottleworks is definitely worth the visit, especially because you can pair it with Maggie Moon's ice cream and/or Archie McPhee. I'd also recommend checking out Noble Fir -- it's an incredible beer spot, and it's around the corner from some of the best restaurants in Seattle.

Great!

What restaurant(s) would you recommend? Better half is a vegetarian who will eat fish (yeah, I know!)?

Great!

What restaurant(s) would you recommend? Better half is a vegetarian who will eat fish (yeah, I know!)?
Walrus and the Carpenter is your spot, then.
http://thewalrusbar.com
Definite more a fish/shellfish spot than a vegetarian one, but well worth the wait -- which you can spend at Noble Fir.

Gas Works Park is a funky and interesting place with views of Lake Union and Downtown Seattle and is quite close to Fremont Brewing.

Plenty of funky shopping in the area too.

I'd try to track down some beers from Reuben's too. I was very impressed with a number of their beers.

Oh, and yeah Bottleworks is definitely worth it. Even if you don't buy anything, they have a good tap selection in the back. It's not like I remember it from years ago when I lived there though, the last time I went the guy working was a ******/hipster.

Musashi's might be a good spot to grab a bite to eat. It's a tiny and really popular Japanese place just a few blocks from Bottlework's.

Hey guys, I'm gonna be in Seattle at the end of next week. Anywhere around town I can buy a styro-shipper?

Instead of starting a new thread, I'll bump this one.
I'm going to be up there next month from the 12th-16th.
I'm meeting up with some friends after a concert at the paramount Friday night and looking for a nice bar to kill some time in beforehand.
I know there's a lot of options In the city, but looking for a place walking to/from the theater.

As for the rest of the time, I'm staying in Lynnhood and travelling between Marysville and Snohomish. Anything that I "shouldn't miss" in the relative vicinity of those areas?

I'm meeting up with some friends after a concert at the paramount Friday night and looking for a nice bar to kill some time in beforehand.
I know there's a lot of options In the city, but looking for a place walking to/from the theater.

As for the rest of the time, I'm staying in Lynnhood and travelling between Marysville and Snohomish. Anything that I "shouldn't miss" in the relative vicinity of those areas?

The Pine Box rules, and is SUPER close to the Paramount.

The Saint for Mezcal and Tequilas. Pinebox for Brews and pizza. Lil Woodys for the burger fiend. Stumbling Monk for more brews. Montana for the tap drawn cocktails and pickle juice.... dont judge just do. And thats just on a small sliver of "The Hill". The KneeHigh for craft cocktails too. Cheers!

Norms in lake stevens usually has a pretty solid bottle selection, and is close to marysville and snohomish.

If you're in Lynnwood definitely swing by Special Brews. Hell, I'm about 2 miles away. I'll buy you a beer if you want. It's a great bottleshop with 15+ taps.

Norm's in Lake Stevens is an expanded gas station convenience store with a ton of growler fills and lots of bottles. Getchell Growlers up there is a smaller place but can have a few gems sitting around from time to time (if you need more BCBS)

If you're in Lynnwood definitely swing by Special Brews. Hell, I'm about 2 miles away. I'll buy you a beer if you want. It's a great bottleshop with 15+ taps.

Norm's in Lake Stevens is an expanded gas station convenience store with a ton of growler fills and lots of bottles. Getchell Growlers up there is a smaller place but can have a few gems sitting around from time to time (if you need more BCBS)
For sure. I'll pm you when I get up there.
I never refuse free beer. :)

Vacationing between Seattle and Portland around Memorial Day.

The itinerary:

• Fly into Seattle late 5/20, land sometime around 11:00 pm (2:00 am EST, we'll be tired).
  • Booked an AirBNB apartment around Madrona, staying there until Sunday, 5/24. Plan to smush with libbey quite a bit.
  • Leave 5/24 AM for Tillamook, smang degardebrewing as much as I can, and head to Portland the next day.
  • Leave from PDX back to the east coast on 5/28.

duketheredeemer OakedCanuck JoeLikesBeer harrymel I know you don't all live in Seattle, just touching you in case you happen to be in the area/want to make the trip.

I do believe I am in town that weekend. Or that was the weekend I was already planning to drive down to Tillamook. Either way,
Wpl5JGs.gif

The itinerary:

• Fly into Seattle late 5/20, land sometime around 11:00 pm (2:00 am EST, we'll be tired).
  • Booked an AirBNB apartment around Madrona, staying there until Sunday, 5/24. Plan to smush with libbey quite a bit.
  • Leave 5/24 AM for Tillamook, smang degardebrewing as much as I can, and head to Portland the next day.

duketheredeemer OakedCanuck JoeLikesBeer harrymel I know you don't all live in Seattle, just touching you in case you happen to be in the area/want to make the trip.
Brady are you going to have a rental car?

The itinerary:

Hmm, I have to head out to De Garde to pick up my Keeper's Bottles sometime in May. May-bay I will plan it for the weekend of 5/24. . .

The itinerary:

13 min (2.2 mi) via E Union St

The itinerary:

TB bottle share sounds like a doable goal. Unless these flirty bastards dont follow through.
I wont be there anyhow.
unless theres beer.

The itinerary:

Hell yes we can touch tips. Keep us posted on your plans! I miss libbey

Back