Second Runnings

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vogt52

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm interested in possibly brewing a double batch this weekend. First is a Pale Ale with a 1.060 FG. I'm considering brewing a Berliner with the second runnings. Is there anyway to predict an OG for second runnings?

Also, with my Pale Ale being a new England style, do you think that'll make for a **** Berliner?

Kai's batch sparge and partigyle simulator would get this done but for whatever reason it seems unavailable on his website. You might be able to find a copy somewhere else online.

Hey guys, I'm interested in possibly brewing a double batch this weekend. First is a Pale Ale with a 1.060 FG. I'm considering brewing a Berliner with the second runnings. Is there anyway to predict an OG for second runnings?

Also, with my Pale Ale being a new England style, do you think that'll make for a **** Berliner?

I usually do one with every IPA I brew. I buy an extra 3ish lbs of w. wheat and add it to the second runnings.

Back