Secret Santa 2017 discussion

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Help' started by tosh, Nov 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tosh

tosh

[Mod edit: This thread was created by moving in a bunch of posts from other places. For Gene's explanation and more context, start by reading this post.]

I might have been left out, but given who was allowed in I would be announcing that I wanted to back out.

One of the worst decisions I have seen on TB. Have numerous neutral feedbacks and state you will not BIF for a while equals invite to SS BIF and PM’s to participants to not mention it in public cos Beyond Reproach.
    Load of bullshit.

I could not ne happier I am not in SS BIF, glad this is last year in current form.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2017
    FTowne, cornboy, litheum94 and 28 others like this.
  2. capnmike

capnmike

While I am in this current SS BIF (I'm a noob, what can I say, last year was my first, and it thrilled me so), next year, I'm 100% in for Secret Father Christmas: the Chrimboing, or whatever you want to call it :)

[​IMG]

3. Gene

Gene Administrator Staff Member

Not quite what was said. I think Secret Santa meant more along the lines of “let’s address this here so we don’t have more negative stuff dragged out in the Secret Santa thread.” Also, I truly do wish Secret Santa hadn’t excluded you from the initial invite. Did I mention I have nothing to do with the running of this BIF?

Anyway, in the interest of full transparency, here’s what was said:

4. tosh

tosh

Cool at least we can talk about it in the open and it is not confined to PM.

As expressed to Gene in PM. This is a community issue amd doing it in PM’s is not okay.

So do I post the PM’s saying Don was not being invited back after last year?

So lets talk about this. Are the participants of SS okay with the guy with 2 bad trader threads and 3 neuetral feedvack okay with Don being in the SS BIF?

litheum94, BrandoSF, rbol3522 and 6 others like this.
  5. lambandtunaphish

lambandtunaphish

Yes, because if he fucks it up it will be the single most hilarious thing to happen in TB history.

6. Gene

I’ll start with my $0.02:
    1. BIF organizers (like Secret Santa) have total latitude to run their BIFs as they see fit. Part of that is the vetting process (sponsors, etc) for participants, and accounting for what happens if someone flakes. There appears to have been a lot of consideration given in this case.
    2. I have repeatedly and consistently given every bad trader (and folks exhibiting lots of other bad behavior) every possible chance to redeem themselves. Most bad traders disappear and that’s that. Those who make good on overdue boxes, in my eyes, deserve to be able to participate in things again. Anyone thinking this is some kind of special treatment just because I’ve drank with Don a few times obviously hasn’t been paying attention to how nice I’ve been to many of the most hated people on this site for a very long time.

7. tosh

tosh

Just re read my PM. SS says Don is not invited back this year, that was on Oct23rd. So less than 10 days later he is in?

What a load of bollocks. Everyone knows it, someone needs to step up and acknowledge it is bullshit.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
  8. evilc

evilc

This thread is what I imagine having herpes must be like.

arren, jmgrub, BeersMorgan and 16 others like this.
  9. Secret Santa

Secret Santa

God you are such a loathsome piece of shit. Do you want us to post the back and forth from our conversation where in the end I said you were free to join after Gene brokered a truce with us in the PM? We said we wouldn't interact publicly with you and we stuck by that Like fuck, we even have your account on ignore but yet you still want to fucking complain. Are you ever happy?

You want some bits of truth:

1) You weren't invited. For all the reasons we discussed in the PM. Feel free to fucking post them.
    2) Don wasn't invited either. He PM'd us, we talked. Unlike your public bitch and moan fest, we were actually able to come to a fucking solution that won't really involve anyone but us because he acted his god damn age.
    3) After you finally quit complaining we told you you were free to sign up. You didn't.
    4) We (and a lot of other people) are soooooo fucking happy you're not in this BIF. You're annoying. Every BIF without you is better.

For once, just shut the fuck up. It would be really fucking great.

beerindex, Josh, BeersMorgan and 7 others like this.
  10. Kasher

Kasher

[​IMG]

I saw Santa. Where did he go?

kevanb, chemman14, TDBuck and 8 others like this.
  11. sherm1016

sherm1016

I took pictures

Edit: he was not jolly.

12. ant880

ant880

Secret Santa is @beerear

Edit: Well this is much less funny after he removed his post. Thanks a lot.

Dick.

13. FTowne

FTowne

arren, Beer4B, Moondog and 40 others like this.
  14. Gene

Yeah Secret Santa has a distinct lack of self control.

If ever you needed proof that he and I are not the same, there you go.

arren, Beer4B, exitmusic00 and 47 others like this.
  15. The Coming of Gose

The Coming of Gose

Official petition to change Secret Santa's name to Bad Santa and force avatar change to Billy Bob Thornton.

Cuz my oh my that was some naughty language!

arren, exitmusic00, jmgrub and 28 others like this.
  16. sherm1016

sherm1016

kevanb, box_social, Fingolfin and 3 others like this.
  17. FTowne

FTowne

[​IMG]

litheum94, Ratman, kevanb and 14 others like this.
  18. BravoDawg

BravoDawg

No. Worse. An even bigger asshole.

arren, cneville, Nivek43 and 16 others like this.
  19. Powzy

Powzy DisapPowzment

I’d sponsor tosh in Secret Santa

20. lambandtunaphish

lambandtunaphish

ISO

arren, nanobrew, DJPhresh and 7 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.