(Shelton Bros) The Festival 2017: 8/18 - 8/19 in ATL

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AAEAAQAAAAAAAAOmAAAAJGExOTkwM2VkLTE1MTAtNDAxMi1iYzJmLTQ5ZWNmYjVhYzc3Mw.png

Hosting a beer festival inside of a nice banquet room with large chandeliers? What could go wrong?

Sadly the prelim outlook on making this is very low. A shame as it has been my favorite festival to attend the last 2 years.

Whether I decide to go to this or not might hinge on whether Atlanta gets their ****ing freeways repaired before tickets go on sale...
Eh, The Festival is downtown and therefore south of the closed portion of the interstate (which is tentatively scheduled to re-open 2 months before the festival). So everyone flying in would avoid that part, and I'd imagine you'll take I-20 to get here and avoid the issue with I-85 as well. As someone who lives and works south of the closure, my commute has actually improved to a slight degree.

Definitely thinking about going.

Pros: closest one to me yet, before the school semester starts.

Cons: 2 weeks after FoFA would be stacking a lot of beer stuff together.
FoFA at HF again? If so, what's the date?

Other corners of the US, and I'd love to make a Shelton Fest at some point, but that's Brews for New Avenues weekend in Portland, Oregon:

August 17 Tilquin/Breakside beer dinner
August 18 Oyster and Gueuze Social w Pierre Tilquin, and special bottles from Cantillon for onsite and lots of gueuze kegs
August 19 Brews for New Avenues

And a bonus the eclipse madness in Oregon on Monday:)

How much was the festival last year?
Found it... Google is your friend. $175 for all sessions

Last edited:
I'm on fence about this one. I enjoyed 2016 enough, but Atlanta in August seems like a really bad idea. And yes, I know that the whole thing is going to be indoors this year, but that doesn't negate the whole downside of being in Atlanta in August for any time one might spend outside of the festival. On that basis alone, even if I do go, I'd keep it to a ~48 hour trip and not bother with much else in Atlanta, which'd be a shame.

There seem to be at least a few tolerably priced options as far as somewhere to stay, and ATL is one of the few cities I can get a direct flight from. And since RBSG is headed to Boise instead of SW Michigan this year, I have no other beer festivals/events I'm planning on hitting up. So I could probably justify swinging it.

I'm on fence about this one. I enjoyed 2016 enough, but Atlanta in August seems like a really bad idea. And yes, I know that the whole thing is going to be indoors this year, but that doesn't negate the whole downside of being in Atlanta in August for any time one might spend outside of the festival. On that basis alone, even if I do go, I'd keep it to a ~48 hour trip and not bother with much else in Atlanta, which'd be a shame.

There seem to be at least a few tolerably priced options as far as somewhere to stay, and ATL is one of the few cities I can get a direct flight from. And since RBSG is headed to Boise instead of SW Michigan this year, I have no other beer festivals/events I'm planning on hitting up. So I could probably justify swinging it.
You should attempt Great Taste of the Midwest at least once if you haven't.

beersandbears

Much as I would love to spread a thick layer of canned yeast slurry all over the state of Georgia, I live in northern New Jersey. So NYC or NJ stuff is easily obtainable, but based on my travel plans for the summer, not much else. So if anybody wants cans from Kane or something, just pm me at some point and I'll see what I can do for you.

^^ This

I'd be more willing to jump on the ATL train if they left it in Oct.

Too much beer stuff going on in August which requires traveling...

FOFA more then likely the week before
Great taste of Midwest the week before which I could goto
I'd assume Ebenezer's Belgium themed weekend will be this weekend as well
and all ready mentioned Brews for News in Portland the same weekend...

Back