Shelton Brothers "The Festival 2015" (St. Petersburg, FL)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The dates are now out (10/16-10/17) and they are beginning to announce the breweries.

http://www.sheltonbrothers.com/festival/

Who will I be seeing out there this year?
in-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-2654.gif

If the tap list is anything like last year's I'll definitely try to get down there. In the past, how much have tickets been? Do they do multiple sessions? Any info from past attendees will be appreciated.

Yes, they have had multiple sessions in the past, 3 iirc.

I`m mildly bummed that they are snubbing their home region of New England for the event location once again. They could have brought it back to their home state of Massachusetts or to the Hudson Valley if they wanted to "shake things up".

Much as I'd like to check this festival out one of these years, I'm determined to go to Belgium in the fall, so it will probably have to wait another year.

The GF and I have tentative plans to go. The only question remaining is how many sessions we will attend.

I'm pushing for all of them, but Emily thinks we should try and enjoy the sunshine or whatever, so we'll see.

haha... well, 1 session is definitely not enough if they are close to what they did last year...

it should be 2 sessions each day again, I'm assuming.

actually, it might be an easier trip for me as I probably will only check CCB and Cycle in that area.. maybe 7th Sun... but that can probably be done in 1 day

then just focus on the festival for 4 sessions...

I don't think they sold out last year... which is sad because of how good of a festival it is... I do think I know some reasons why they did not sell out though

haha... well, 1 session is definitely not enough if they are close to what they did last year...

it should be 2 sessions each day again, I'm assuming.

actually, it might be an easier trip for me as I probably will only check CCB and Cycle in that area.. maybe 7th Sun... but that can probably be done in 1 day

then just focus on the festival for 4 sessions...

I don't think they sold out last year... which is sad because of how good of a festival it is... I do think I know some reasons why they did not sell out though
I might go again, last year was pretty ****ing epic by beer fest standards. For those going this year, we did did both sessions on saturday last year and I am so happy we did. Made everything super chill, didnt have to run around trying everything in one session.
Either of you remember the price per session from last year?

don't remember but I do remember there being full day special and 4 session special

$40/session last year plus $1/each for sample tokens, IIRC.

I assumed they would cut this year to three sessions since it's Fri-Sat instead of Sat-Sun. Makes sense to do a Fri evening sesh then two on Sat.

So last year, what did people end up paying total/per session? Definitely wanna go, interested in hitting multiple sessions, but wanna start budgeting, and figuring out if this will be a $100 weekend or a $300 weekend (just for the fest)

For folks that went last year, is going to multiple sessions worth it? Should I be trying for all the sessions, just one, or somewhere in between (ie two)?

So last year, what did people end up paying total/per session? Definitely wanna go, interested in hitting multiple sessions, but wanna start budgeting, and figuring out if this will be a $100 weekend or a $300 weekend (just for the fest)

For folks that went last year, is going to multiple sessions worth it? Should I be trying for all the sessions, just one, or somewhere in between (ie two)?

I would have gone to all four sessions if I had known what they were tapping. We went to one PM session and it wasn't as crowded as the earlier one. Was stuck drinking Hommage, '98 3F, Fou, '04 Iris and some other crap for hours.

Have they announced anywhere an idea of when tickets will go on sale? I know it is still 5 months out, but just been trying to stay on top of tickets potentially going on sale.

Booked the Courtyard Marriott right around the corner from the venue for nice and cheap.

Hotels are sitting very cheap right now, just FYI, for those that are interested in going.

Last year tickets didn't sell out and you could buy them as a walk up to the festival. How likely is that to change this year?

Last year tickets didn't sell out and you could buy them as a walk up to the festival. How likely is that to change this year?

really hard to say w/ the new venue...

Back