Shelton Brothers "The Festival 2016" in Louisville, Kentucky

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definitely interested in this one, especially given that the drive isn't too bad. Way too early to tell how my schedule is going to be for the fall though.

I don't know you personally, but I'd really like to hear someone say "Julian, please" to your face, in person.

Well I went ahead and booked my hotel. After last year's amazing fest, no chance do I miss this one.

Holding off on flights though in hopes that they'll drop in cost before October. A two-hour flight should not cost so much...

But man oh man I'll be at the Festival again this year without a doubt.

Yay, something close!

OJkSloXZvxuDe.gif

Last edited:
Well I went ahead and booked my hotel. After last year's amazing fest, no chance do I miss this one.

Holding off on flights though in hopes that they'll drop in cost before October. A two-hour flight should not cost so much...

But man oh man I'll be at the Festival again this year without a doubt.
I've never figured it out, but flights to/from Louisville are always nuts. Always $250+ for me, and consistently $100 more than whatever flights to NYC run (for about the same geographic distance away)

I'm not afraid of FIBs - honestly, this thing was amazing last year, and that was Florida. Even CaptiveOdyssey was having a good time. I will be there, 100%.

I'm not great with beer acronyms, but I assume FIB is synonymous with shitlord, homie, *******, etc?

There was one specific dirtbag there that was stealing Westy 12 glasses, but if I'm not mistaken he's actually from Philly, and is a well-known *********, so whatever.

Also, I'm pretty sure there was somebody passed out face down in the grass outside after the first session on day two. Which was unfortunate.

Otherwise, everybody there was really nice. It was a fun, laid back experience.

I've never figured it out, but flights to/from Louisville are always nuts. Always $250+ for me, and consistently $100 more than whatever flights to NYC run (for about the same geographic distance away)
Even through southwest? I think SDF is a southwest hub

I'm not great with beer acronyms, but I assume FIB is synonymous with shitlord, homie, *******, etc?

There was one specific dirtbag there that was stealing Westy 12 glasses, but if I'm not mistaken he's actually from Philly, and is a well-known *********, so whatever.

Also, I'm pretty sure there was somebody passed out face down in the grass outside after the first session on day two. Which was unfortunate.

Otherwise, everybody there was really nice. It was a fun, laid back experience.

FIB = ****ing Illinois Bastard

It's a term of endearment from our Sconny brethren

Read somewhere tickets are going on sale in the next couple weeks, first time going, anyone know whats up or how it usually goes?

This is super awesome, I am looking forward to this!
For some reason Louisville greatly excites me!!

Per twitter, tickets will go on sale on 6/3. From those who've gone or tried to go in past years, how quickly do they tend to sell out?

Per twitter, tickets will go on sale on 6/3. From those who've gone or tried to go in past years, how quickly do they tend to sell out?
IIRC Last year tickets were available for months. Not sure if it ever sold out. Certainly nothing like Hunahpu's or Dark Lord Day tickets.

Latest posts

Back