US - South Shelton Brothers "The Festival 2016" in Louisville, Kentucky

Discussion in 'Beer Travel, Events and Releases' started by seedavid, Mar 31, 2016.

1. axeman9182

axeman9182

Evidently it's not physically possible to get home to NJ from Kentucky today unless you left super early this morning. My flight out of Lexington is now 3.5 hours delayed and counting, and it sounds like Gene and Newmoneyloons had issues flying out of Louisville.

2. nathanmiller

nathanmiller

Yeah a detour through Allentown is not what I expected...

3. SAISON FUCK

SAISON FUCK

Highlights for me:
    Cherry wine
    Cantillon d'Aunis
    Cantillon Meursault lambic
    7th Sun Yuzu Lager
    3F geuzes duh
    Bagby Sweet Ride
    All of the Jackie O's stouts
    Scratch Spring Tonic
    De Garde Nectarine Premiere
    And probably a bunch more.

4. djd07

djd07

I actually told him his beers were garbage and it was Fonta Flora not mystic

Os, brewtus, mateoloco and 5 others like this.
  5. jvanaus

jvanaus

I probably saw a bunch of you, but I was too busy trying to duck and weave through the psuedo lines, trying to determine what was a line and what wasn't, and making sure my wife wasn't being overrun by the masses of people. I was one of two people wearing a black Transient shirt - I was the tall gangly one, not the ruggedly handsome one...

My highlights:

The location was great. I'm definitely making it back to C&K sans festival.
    Prairie Pirate Paradise was my favorite stout there, but I was only there for Saturday night and didn't hit 80% of my want list. Liquid Mounds bar.
    Cantillon and 3F lines moved much quicker than I thought. Multiple trips through were needed.
    Cherry wine and Celestial meads were closers. Was impressed by both, will be attempting to find both.
    JK SPON were on point. The gueze lasted multiple hours, which was awesome.
    Finally had SP Fuzzy. It was good, but I'm glad I had a small pour. I don't think I could finish a bottle with less than 3 people.

6. beerindex

beerindex

This was true only for the third session. First session they ran out within 15 minutes of general admission (or so I'm told), and second session I believe they ran out within 45 minutes to an hour.

With that said, I give major kudos to Cantillon, which despite consistently having a line, usually a rather large one, lasted the majority of each session.

nathanmiller, ScottJWing, Ben and 4 others like this.
  7. Friend_of_the_Gueuze

Friend_of_the_Gueuze

Bears repeating: Joella's. Will make you forget all about Royals. And I really liked Royals.

brewtus and FEUO like this.
  8. jvanaus

jvanaus

I did hear they ran out quickly the first two sessions. It makes sense it lasted so long the third because the 3-session folks probably had a chance to tick and left it alone in the third.

I was only in the third and felt like a lot of stuff lasted pretty long, even though it seemed like there were a ton of people there.

lurchingbeast and brewtus like this.
  9. beerindex

beerindex

So looking through my notes, I have Prairie 4th Anniversary and Prairie Sour Ginger listed as two separate beers during the second session. But that can't be right, as the 4th Anniversary was a sour beer made with ginger.

So other than 4th Anniversary, what else did Prarie pour during the second session?

10. tosh

tosh

Nerd.[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

11. beerindex

beerindex

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Usofar likes this.
  12. SAISON FUCK

SAISON FUCK

Got any virtual corks to throw at this guy?

13. Newmoneyloons

Newmoneyloons

Recap of this weekend, holy shit where to start. Sergio's was amazing with so much proper glassware and bottles and learning how to enjoy the off flavors in a beer.

The festival was awesome. That pils from suarez was my favorite. JK Spon beers were amazing. That cherry wine was awesome. The coffee booth there was clutch during session 2 and 3. They really dialed in there coffee. Did some hard ticks this weekend.

Nice to meet a bunch of people on here including brewtus BoatsAndHoes Beeradelphia Steve and I am sure i forgot and don't remember names well.

Only regret was not getting hot chicken at royals when they were open. But ramen and cantillon at holy grale was just as good.

Excited to do this next year.

14. FEUO

FEUO

Speaking of next year.... any word on where?

BoatsAndHoes and beerindex like this.
  15. brewtus

brewtus

I am BoatsAndHoes

BoatsAndHoes, Os, Ben and 1 other person like this.
  16. Ben

Ben

Base on previous locations I have it narrowed down to PNW or North East. Seattle or Boston?

17. BoatsAndHoes

BoatsAndHoes

PNW bundled in with a De Garde visit would be perfect :)

18. TNGabe

TNGabe

Monsieur Shelton was freakin great. If De la Senne was Brussels pricing here, I wouldn't drink much else regularly.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
  19. NAD1983

NAD1983

Yes please :D

But highly doubtful, Seattle never gets chosen for events like these :(

BoatsAndHoes likes this.
  20. SecretSquirrel

SecretSquirrel

My guess would be Portland, OR over Seattle or back out east, maybe D.C. area??

FEUO likes this.