US - South Shelton Brothers "The Festival 2016" in Louisville, Kentucky

Discussion in 'Beer Travel, Events and Releases' started by seedavid, Mar 31, 2016.

1. ClCardinal84

ClCardinal84

Was told by a good high school buddy that works for a distributor in Louisville that a permit to extend the festival into the street was revoked 2 days before it kicked off, so they had to condense everything to the C&K property. If that was the case, I'd say making it work last minute the way it did was pretty, pretty impressive. Honestly, the people at the Festival were so pleasant that any line waiting in was enjoyable IMO.

Beeradelphia, DJPhresh, Ben and 12 others like this.
  2. FEUO

FEUO

Agreed 100%. No shithead encounters for me.

Unless I was the shithead?

3. Newmoneyloons

Newmoneyloons

I would not mind if they went to Ashville NC next year.

oelayan, curly, beerindex and 5 others like this.
  4. Nhbeerfishing

Nhbeerfishing

It was a great weekend and everyone was super nice. Will def be at next years and make sure to get a room in fartlord manor.

Ben, Os, Gene and 2 others like this.
  5. caaam

caaam

Same, but there aren't a ton of ideal spots for it other than putting it in a bigass field (a la Burning Can w/ Oskar Blues) or doing it at a big brewery (which, it seems like it'd be weird to do at New Belgium/Sierra Nevada, and dunno about Wicked Weed spaces)

oelayan, curly, ClCardinal84 and 2 others like this.
  6. TNGabe

TNGabe

I would. Asheville doesn't deserve nice things.

7. caaam

caaam

They're already stuck with Sam Fu and kbs - isn't that enough?

oelayan, Gonzoillini, Sam Fu and 4 others like this.
  8. Friend_of_the_Gueuze

Friend_of_the_Gueuze

Truth.

Plus, I've never been to a festival where when power was lost, beer stopped being poured (see upper section, half of third session).

Nor a festival when every beer from a producer was kicked within 15 min of opening (see JK, first session, Wakefield every? session).

Well run is not a phrase I would use.

Of course, I expect nothing less from an importer who can't even manage their own supply chain.

But the beers were good. They have that going for em.

mateoloco, FEUO and TNGabe like this.
  9. curly

curly

A little late with a post but here it goes , to sum up. "No Retreat, No Surrender" was me and my buddy's anthem. I drank Thursday at Against the grain (Shaggy & the head brewer are amazing people) , Holy Grail. Friday Bottle share , VIP and all of 1st session,food at A.T.G., Some awesome wiskey bar (where Shaun and crew were!) then Pt's till 2:00am, Saturday all 2nd session then A.T.G. for food , all 3rd session , then Butchertown across street for dinner , then back to the Distillery as a friend was volunteering so we raged there on all the left overs till midnight(yes I legit squeezed all the Cantillon near empty bags), back to holy grail for the night cap from Scratch that lavender and blackberry is a game changer. Also near H.Grail the Halloween dressed drunks were a riot.

Need to also mention that this fest was even more amazing do to the fact I smoked so much it was like I was at my own place partyin, Cheers and Wow what a fucking Show.

I had 2 dudes that were jerk off's one was a big dude, grey sweatshirt first session who was pushing thru people like there wasn't enough bud light to suck of his man toy and this other dude in 1st session in a fat boys brewery work shirt trying to fight with me because " Thats the dude who told me Amager Bryghus had a great beer and then I went there and the keg was kicked" proceeded to try and punk me off, as I simply laughed to myself.

All in all memorable moments , The entire 3.5 days Has changed my life , Being someone who works at a Brewery/ Distillery, I personally have never been more inspired by any group of people in my life. Fromthe brewer/owners I expected to be amazing and cool to all the new companies I got to try to the people at the event and the local scene. Not only will I never forget I cant see myself being anymore ispired by the industry and hope I never do anything else for the rest of my life.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
  10. FLBeerFan

FLBeerFan

Wakefield runs out of beer at every fest/event they're at, it's pretty much their M.O. Less time in front of consumers/possibly disgruntled OG members, more time milling around behind the booths touching tips/getting pours. I would say boo, but I'm honestly just jealous

11. Sam Fu

Sam Fu

Please no

TNGabe likes this.
  12. seedavid

seedavid

I wouldn't mind if they went back to Louisville next year. I can't believe how much I liked that city. Such a great vibe, super nice people, tons of excellent food. Plus, the Angel's Envy facility across the street from ATG will be open by then.

13. Os

Os Moderator / Master of Social Media Staff Member

I'd love to see it back in the northeast...

14. beerindex

beerindex

Somewhere in the Great Lakes that isn't Michigan (we have that stupid sample limit that was a problem in Maine) would be great. It'd be nice to get somewhere without a connecting flight for once, and it'd make hotels much more affordable than putting it in the larger coastal cities.

15. biglobo8971

biglobo8971

Plus you got to meet and hang out with me, double win win

curly, Gene, Usofar and 2 others like this.
  16. brewtus

brewtus

17. SAISON FUCK

SAISON FUCK

Am tempted by the Likor. Sur Lie price is not great.

18. Gonzoillini

Gonzoillini

If you want to buy a couple bottles to save on shipping...

brewtus and TDBuck like this.
  19. Friend_of_the_Gueuze

Friend_of_the_Gueuze

Do you know what a typical US retail price is for these? Have yet to see any on the shelf myself.

brewtus and mateoloco like this.
  20. wuntrikpony

wuntrikpony

I bought the last few bottles from a shop that had Sur Lie and Late Bottled for $28...Reserve was $31 I believe