Shipping from Australia

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kumatmebrew

Reaction score
I was told that when shipping via boat from Australia the tracking number won't work while it's on the boat. Is there any truth to this?

Not sure i really follow, I haven't shipped via boat (know someone that has), but i presume you won't see too many updates as it takes about 3 months to send to Europe from here. It is significantly cheaper and slower, so you do get what you pay for.

Just had a mate get beers returned from Australian customs, shipping to the US. Packaged following best practice/guidelines.

I asked around and it seems others have had the same issue. The beers came back intact, but no refund on postage.

yep. Never had anything not make it into oz including stuff from NZ labeled beer, with pictures of beer on the box (and I think you can even see the bottles through the hand-hold thingos).

Would love to hear more experiences from people (good or bad) with shipping to the U.S. I've got a mate in San Jose I'd love to send beers to, but fear the package won't make it :(

Have something on the way to the US. See how it goes

Aus post?

I've been eyeing up these guys lately. You ship them a label and your box and they ship on behalf via Singapore. Prices seem in line with Aus Post. Seems it may avoid the customs scanning on boxes going direct to the US (or may not. Who knows)

http://www.skippypost.com.au/

Mine made it in 2 weeks. Easy/ done
Great news! I've got so many questions :)

What did you do?
How much beer did you ship?
How did you pack it?
Where did you send (not specific address, obviously)?
Who did you use? AusPost?

Thanks in advance!

Bump here. I'm going to be in Melbourne and will use the opportunity to ship myself back some interesting Cantillon.

Since these posts are a few months old: has anyone shipped to the US recently? How did that go? Specifically with West Coast customs.

Bump here. I'm going to be in Melbourne and will use the opportunity to ship myself back some interesting Cantillon.

Since these posts are a few months old: has anyone shipped to the US recently? How did that go? Specifically with West Coast customs.

Where are you getting this interesting Cantillon in melbourne?

Back