Shipping Prairie 12 ounce bottles

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Help' started by Resuin, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Resuin

Resuin

Hi, does anyone have suggestions on shipping bulk 12 ounce prairie bottles? These are a little shorter than standard 12 ounce bottles. I'm thinking of those pulp 12 ounce 12 shippers (https://m.uline.com/h5/r/www.uline....pers-and-Supplies/Beer-Shipper-12-Bottle-Pack), but am worried there will be extra room in the box, due to their shortness. Has anyone shipped these types of bottles? Any ideas? We'll be shipping a bunch of cases - but not too worried about cost. Safety is the top priority, so thinking 12/box rather than 24. Thanks for your help!

Photekut likes this.
  2. sobeleg

sobeleg

Those 12 bottle packs have always worked well for me in the past. I haven't used one in a while, but I seem to remember the holder fits pretty snug in the box. If there is still extra room just stuff some crumpled up paper bags in and it will be fine.

3. BadJustin

BadJustin

guess we know who spent 3,600 on beers from Prairie.

4. andrewdrinks

andrewdrinks

Not specific to your case but Prairie 12ozers fit perfectly into the gaps in a Uline 12-shipper when inverted. Just have to tape 'em up good.

Tlo4sho likes this.
  5. TommyShitt

TommyShitt

I wonder if he did the one with vanilla. That one looked good.

6. Resuin

Resuin

Went in with like 10+ people, so get a few bottles, but need to get them to everyone now. I know bulk shipping can be risky when you don't know what you're doing, want to be as safe as possible.

Ispeakforthetrees and BadJustin like this.
  7. MikeJones

MikeJones

Or the one with Oreos which only had like a 75% yield or something and they are all butt hurt.

Tlo4sho, JulianB and TommyShitt like this.
  8. Powzy

Powzy

You could alternatively just go pick them up.

9. StevonHanby

StevonHanby

I'm in the Oreo one and it yielded quite well like 96%. I forget the beer name but the guy that's butt hurt had a barrel with cocoa nibs, vanilla and coconut.

MikeJones and Tlo4sho like this.
  10. MikeJones

MikeJones

That's an interesting combo to lose so much yield. Glad yours worked out then. Just the scuttlebutt that was going around in the group I'm in I guess.

ISO: Your Oreo one
    FT: My vanilla coconut one

11. dgthrasher

dgthrasher

This works well, if your concerned for safety, your other alternative is th spirited shipper, 12oz bottles, which are cardboard, but work well

Resuin and tikk like this.