Shorts 2015 Releases

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jb123

Reaction score
Jan
Dolly Dagger
Carob Stout

Feb
Goodnight Bodacious
Woodmaster

Mar
Moher Stout
Superfluid

Apr
Freedom of 78
Bludgeon Yer Eye

May
Anniversary Ale
Dan's Pink Skirt

June
Alien Einstein
Hopstace

July
Spruce Pilsner
Strawberry Shorts Cake

Aug
Cerveza de Julie
Sticky Icky Icky

Sep
Ermagerdness
MMMKay
Devils Lettuce

Oct
Black Cherry
Pan Galactic
Peoples Choice

Nov
Evil Urges
Queen Bee

Dec
Liberator
Juicy Tree

Flagships (6 pks):

Huma
Local's Light
Bellaire Brown
Soft parade

Flagships (12 pk):

Prolonged Enjoyment

Seasonal (non-Pale Ales):

Nicie Spicie ("Summertime")
Autumn Ale (??? - Nov)
Good Humans (???)

Seasonal (Pale Ales):

Space Rock (Jan)
ControversiALE (Feb-Apr)
Bonafide (???)
Beard of Zeus (12 pk - Mar-Apr)

Fan Vote Fri Nov. 14 - Nov. 28:
Cup of Joe
Captain Fantasy
Lil' Wheezy
Vintage Premium
The Curl
White Falcon

Great lineup. Wowee Zowee is the only one that I wish was sticking around that isn't there. I can go a year without Key Lime(not sure if the Mrs. can though)

I like Wheezy, but Cup of Joe or bust

Christ. Another year of handing over fist fulls of money to Joe Short. Very nice line-up.

And LOL at dat dere vote. How can Cup-A-Joe not win? (Unless thatsthepoint.jpg)

I don't know fellas, I mean, have you HAD Vintage Premium Lager?? This may be a tight race.

Love that Ermagerdness. Bought a growler at the pub a few weeks ago. I really like Captain Fantasy, but I may go with Cup a Joe because it'll be in October.

Great lineup. Wowee Zowee is the only one that I wish was sticking around that isn't there. I can go a year without Key Lime(not sure if the Mrs. can though)

I like Wheezy, but Cup of Joe or bust
I hated Wowee Zowee when it came out. Found a straggler in the back of my fridge last week, it was so different. Mango was prominent and the mint was a suitable partner. Couldn't detect any of the flavors when it was fresh. 8/10, would bang again.

It had dank. But its also an IPL, so it and wasn't very juicy and resinous. It had a lot of the dry bitterness from many of Shorts' lagers.

It had dank. But its also an IPL, so it and wasn't very juicy and resinous. It had a lot of the dry bitterness from many of Shorts' lagers.
Guess we'll see, but I'm gonna miss the hell out of Kind Ale. My favorite wet hop brew.

Seriously? I really hate people.
fzJjTWo.jpg

Oh god I saw this earlier. My wife agreed that having an "old" ale named aphasia might not be the best decision. I was shocked. She's usually on my side with this bleeding heart ********. Grrrrrrrrr

So this popped up on the other site. Apparently Short's will be brewing a few sour style beers. They have created a new small batch series (sub-900 bottle), that will be in 750mL champagne bottles and released at the pub only. This will not be a sour program, just a way to release the styles that they enjoy making, but typically only release at the pub. So BA beers, sours, etc.

The two beers they mention in the Q&A With Shorts,

https://www.shortsbrewing.com/news/ (between 8:00-12:00 is where they explain the details in the audio clip)

are a brett saison and a sour ale with cherries and apples. The first release will be at their "Party like its 1999" party, celebrating their 1999th batch, which will be an imperial india black blueberry lager. (Damn) The party is Saturday March 21st.

So this popped up on the other site. Apparently Short's will be brewing a few sour style beers. They have created a new small batch series (sub-900 bottle), that will be in 750mL champagne bottles and released at the pub only. This will not be a sour program, just a way to release the styles that they enjoy making, but typically only release at the pub. So BA beers, sours, etc.

The two beers they mention in the Q&A With Shorts,

https://www.shortsbrewing.com/news/ (between 8:00-12:00 is where they explain the details in the audio clip)

are a brett saison and a sour ale with cherries and apples. The first release will be at their "Party like its 1999" party, celebrating their 1999th batch, which will be an imperial india black blueberry lager. (Damn) The party is Saturday March 21st.
im 90% sure ill be there. itll be a long 4 hours up but i cant miss out on two pub only shorts sours!

Sadly I won't be there. That's our anniversary weekend and already have plans to be down in New Buffalo/Michigan City all weekend. So a trip to FFF is in store. So mad about missing those bottles.

The News Behind the Stache, Private Stache
Mar 7th 2015
| Blog
You’ve heard the rumors and seen the news. A long awaited, Short’s Brewing Company specialty release, pub-only series, is no longer a fantasy. We’re making your wildest dreams come true and sharing our very own “Private Stache” with you.

Private Stache is our new, pub-only bottled beer series. This series will be comprised of beers that are experimental, barrel aged, sour, or otherwise exceedingly rare. Beers that we’ve been unable to brew in the past due to time and space constraints and the threat of brewery contamination.

According to Short’s Head Brewer, Tony Hansen, “We will attempt beer ideas that have been repressed for years. Brewing urges that have been pushed deep, so far deep, into our brewers’ brains. Beers that are fermented with bacteria and wild yeast, beers aged in a variety of barrels, beers brewed with exotic ingredients that can only be done in very small batches. Beers that our brewers only whisper about to each other in secret, afraid that someone might report them to the Quality Control department for heresy.”

So you might be thinking, how will Short’s do this now? And the simple answer is that a combination of new and old technology now allows us to bring you the Private Stache series. Between the work of the SBC Lab (now bursting at the seams with our very own SBC scientists) and our commitment to hand filling each and every 750 ml bottle of Private Stache beer brewed in Bellaire, we can now ensure that these beers will be brewed and bottled safely.

The first releases of the Private Stache series will be Pinball Whispers, a Sour Ale brewed with cherries and apples and Alicornucopia, a 100% Brettanomyces fermented Saison. These beers will be available for purchase beginning at 11:00 am on Saturday, March 21st, 2015 at the Pub in Bellaire.

The name Alicornucopia originates from a question posed by Joe Short: What is the name of a unicorn horn? An Alicorn. Alicornucopia is a multitude of Alicorns – a veritable cornucopia of unicorn magic. So where did the name Pinball Whispers come from? Earlier this year a very sensual game of pinball was played by some of SBC’s finest at one of our favorite places in Grand Rapids, Pyramid Scheme. After an evening of flashing lights, bells, and whispered cheers, the name Pinball Whispers was only a natural choice!

The artwork for the first two beers in the Private Stache series was created by Jason Abraham Smith.You can see Jason’s work at http://www.lurkanddestroy.com/. Future label artwork for the Private Stache will feature various other artists.

The Private Stache series will be sold exclusively at Short’s Brewing Company in Bellaire, MI. Private Stache beers are brewed in extremely limited quantities. Short’s fans will be limited to purchasing only two bottles of each beer released.

Be sure to join us later in the evening on March 21st while we Party Like It’s 1999 to celebrate the 1,999th batch of beer brewed in Bellaire. We’ll have a special Pub-only draft selection, Batch 1999 – an Imperial India Black Lager brewed with blueberries and served on nitro available, throughout the day.

The second Private Stache release will take place at Short’s Eleven Year Anniversary Extravaganza, taking place on April 25th, 2015. Tickets for this event are now onsale. We hope you’ll join us to Party Like It’s 1999 and celebrate the release of the first Private Stache beers!

Share this:

Has anyone tried these yet? I'd be interested if someone was close enough to pickitupformebro :)

I opened both on Saturday. Pinball was a solid balance of Apple and cherry, medium level tartness and slightly funky. Should age well.

Alicorn was a typical Brett saison. Crisp, champagne level carb, slight lemon and a little funk. Not really sour but enjoyable.

I drove up from Kalamazoo so I'm only able to get more of they happen to still be around on 4/24

I opened both on Saturday. Pinball was a solid balance of Apple and cherry, medium level tartness and slightly funky. Should age well.

Alicorn was a typical Brett saison. Crisp, champagne level carb, slight lemon and a little funk. Not really sour but enjoyable.

I drove up from Kalamazoo so I'm only able to get more of they happen to still be around on 4/24
Thanks for the synopsis! Pinball sounded really good :)

The next time I'll be up there is this summer visiting my grandparents in TC. And there's no way they're going to pick me up a bottle in the meantime. I can only imagine how that conversation would go haha

This sounds pretty damn good:

Releasing The Creepster.

The next brew in our Private Stache series, The Creepster will be released at Short's Eleven Year Anniversary Extravaganza.

Strange elements have combined forces to shape the character of this brew – an Imperial Gose with apricot, orange, lemongrass, pink himalayan sea salt, and coriander. The style may be questionable, but the FLAVA is incomparable – tantalizing, complex, and almost indescribable.

https://www.shortsbrewing.com/releasing-creepster/

Anybody go to the Anniversary party? Curious to hear about/vicariously drink those Back To The Future pund beers...

yea they'll probably only have ermagerdness in a few weeks so get growlers. they've got something like 20 beers on tap.

Latest posts

Back