Single Bottle Blind LIF: "talkmusic.com"

Discussion in 'Beer-It-Forward' started by kbuzz, Oct 18, 2018.

1. kbuzz

kbuzz

Continuation of MrVonzipper's continuation LIF:
    https://www.talkbeer.com/community/...n-of-something-single-bottle-blind-lif.42080/

Was going to wait until I got home from work to take a pic of the styro shipper, but I'll post that later.

The rules: Winner will receive a single bottle with label/cap concealed. Upon receipt, beer must be blind reviewed in this thread. Winner accepts responsibility of signing/dating the styro and continuing LIF within a reasonable amount of time. Just a heads up, apparently, if you take too long to review, accidentally reveal the cap or take too long to reboot the LIF, you open yourself up for ridicule from past participants...aka MrVonzipper.

Loving all the music talk on the site as of late...going to roll with that as the theme for my version of this as well. The winner’s version of the LIF does not have to be music-related.

How you win: guess correctly all three of the questions below. 1 guess per day per user.

1. One of my favorite bands of the last decade or so is King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard. Last year they released 5 albums of new and original work. Which of those 5 was my favorite?
    2. What is my favorite song from that album?
    3. King Gizzard was my gateway into the psych scene in the country where they are from. Name another band from that country on their same music label that I've posted in any of the music threads on this site: WAYLTN, beer/vinyl, Music of 2017, Music of 2018, or any of the "Great Music of Talkbeer" threads.

Will likely provide hints daily depending on how things go. I'm fairly positive you'd be able to find and/or deduce the answers to the top two from those same threads mentioned in third question, but straight up guessing works just as well.

music related gifs and discussion fully encouraged

[​IMG]

and now for the tags...

mattafett quirk6 MordorMongo tosh trickytunadicky KevSal ABSTRACTlegend elkhunter36 DerGundhof Der Fuchs ncaudle coachStubs MooseLang thebandit1 Dcv kbuzz boogercrack litheum94 Padraig SkunkDrool BigFrank mborden screwyouguys PepeSylvia LSUPT souredstouts sostark

2. MrVonzipper

MrVonzipper

What you call “ridicule” I call foreplay.

3. MrVonzipper

MrVonzipper

Ps. Your LIF is too hard. :)

4. kbuzz

kbuzz

Can tell by all the responses. Lazy ass TB'ers.

Honestly though, you can come up with a solid guess with a quick google for each question.

To the winner: if you don't make your LIF super fucking easy, MrVonzipper will continue foreplaying with you.

5. mborden

mborden

1) Flying Microtonal Banana
    2) Nuclear Fusion
    3) O.R.B.

[​IMG]

6. ABSTRACTlegend

ABSTRACTlegend

i guess ill take a stab at this lol

1. Flying Microtonal Banana
    2. Sleep Drifter

i feel like the first two questions are enough lol the third seems overkill. according to google, they are on 4 different record labels.

3. Impalers????

[​IMG]

souredstouts, KevSal, sostark and 3 others like this.
  7. kbuzz

kbuzz

Holy shit...first guess takes it. Seems I should have actually made it a little harder.

Send me your details and let me do a little stalking and I'll get the shipper out soon...

8. ABSTRACTlegend

ABSTRACTlegend

[​IMG]

9. MrVonzipper

MrVonzipper

FTFM

10. mborden

mborden

[​IMG]

Deets incoming!

11. BigFrank

BigFrank

So glad this answer was given before I had to google king lizard...

12. mborden

mborden

Guess I'll finally have to crack open this Christmas present from a couple years back...

[​IMG]

13. MrVonzipper

MrVonzipper

Was thinking the same thing.

The fuck is The Psych Scene??
    [​IMG]

14. kbuzz

kbuzz

Psychedelic rock music scene.

If you'd listen to something other than aging epitaph bands, maybe you'd know.

[​IMG]

15. screwyouguys

screwyouguys

Man I listen to all kinds of music basically everything besides rap/ghetto music
    And this is some whack ass shit
    Maybe if I was 20 again and high as fuck
    Idk man I gotta ask my buddy who use to listen to some crazier shit then I ever heard of

Here goes nothing

1.gumbodt soup
    2. Muddy water

Edit: yea I been drinking

Edit kbuzz you ever been to the milestone?

16. kbuzz

kbuzz

Winner already won man. Quick I know.

Have yet to go to the Milestone since moving here but it sounds like my kinda place.

KevSal and mborden like this.
  17. screwyouguys

screwyouguys

KevSal, kbuzz and mborden like this.
  18. kbuzz

kbuzz

Styro signed, bottle “relabeled”. Box going out tomorrow. Sorry for slight delay. Surprised I didn’t get a little thread tickle from MrVonzipper for slacking for a week.

19. mborden

mborden

The box from kbuzz landed this afternoon! Prior to shipping he asked me if I was a Patriots fan, since he saw all my pro-Red Sox posting. I said yes, and then he shipped to me. I opened the box up, and it looks like he kindly disguised my bottle by wrapping it in toilet paper ;)

[​IMG]

I'm about to head to Portland's Board Game BIF game night, so I'll review this later this weekend and start up my own LIF ASAP. Thanks Kevin!

KevSal, mattafett, abawol01 and 5 others like this.
  20. ABSTRACTlegend

ABSTRACTlegend

haha that wrap job tho