Single Bottle LIF: Grateful

Discussion in 'Beer-It-Forward' started by capnmike, Nov 13, 2018.

1. capnmike

capnmike

continuing:

Continuation of mborden Single Bottle Blund LIF: “talkcomedy.com”: https://www.talkbeer.com/community/threads/single-bottle-blind-lif-talkcomedy-com.42202/

which is a Continuation of kbuzz Single Bottle Blind LIF: "talkmusic.com"
    https://www.talkbeer.com/community/threads/single-bottle-blind-lif-talkmusic-com.42140/

Which is a continuation of MrVonzipper Single Bottle Blind LIF
    https://www.talkbeer.com/community/threads/lif-revitalization-of-something-single-bottle-blind-lif.42080

Single Bottle Blind LIF Rules: The winner will receive a Blinded single bottle in which they must Blind Review the beer in this thread and then continue this premise and continue the LIF. Beers you actually have a Love are encouraged. Weak beer makes for a shitty LIF. Also you must sign and date the styro shipper to keep tradition.

So those are the general rules.

To win: with Thanksgiving upon us and TB in turmoil, post something you’re grateful for - TB-related, or not, serious, or tongue in cheek....use a GIF if you like! I will either RNG or pick a post that resonates with me.

Pretty simple, anyone can play with minimal effort.

Grateful...go!

[​IMG]

2. mattafett

mattafett

I'm grateful I "created" a series of threads that brought a lot of people together, and then spawned the rebirth of this LIF. It's been a lot of fun, and we aren't done yet!

3. BigFrank

BigFrank

Still got some time for this old man. For that, I am thankful.

4. Podunkparte

Podunkparte

Post #3 and already a winner. Might as well start round 2 right here.

5. capnmike

capnmike

Uh....bump, I guess?

My instinct is to just call a winner(s) but since I’m continuing someone else’s LIF, I’ll give it a chance for more folks to jump in.

[​IMG]

Blind copy pasta from the other threads:
    mattafett quirk6 MordorMongo tosh trickytunadicky KevSal ABSTRACTlegend elkhunter36 DerGundhof Der Fuchs ncaudle coach Stubs MooseLang thebandit1 Dcv kbuzz boogercrack litheum94 Padraig SkunkDrool
    BigFrank mborden screwyouguys PepeSylvia LSUPT souredstouts sostark steimie innuendobrewskiman63 primebeer danidavid

Last edited: Nov 16, 2018
  6. scramin85

scramin85

I was late to TB but im grateful for my BIF life firends ive had the opportunity to send beer to and get beer from. I truley hate assigning and figuring out the value of beer and BIF’ing has been an awesome way to trade beer. BIF for Life.

7. kbuzz

kbuzz

I don't want the box since I just ran this LIF a couple rounds ago...

Just want to say that I am thankful for Stan Lee and all the wonderful creations he has given the world. For the lessons he taught through the characters we all love. For the means to an escape that he has provided me throughout my entire life. And for providing something that unites so many generations - including me and my kids. Excelsior, Stan! You will be missed but not forgotten.

8. ABSTRACTlegend

ABSTRACTlegend

I'm thankful for this community and the amazing people that ive met through here. You guys know who you are!

9. BeerandNoise

BeerandNoise

I'm grateful for beer and the joy/good times it brings.
    [​IMG]

screwyouguys, KevSal, mborden and 7 others like this.
  10. abawol01

abawol01

I have so much to be thankful for. First, I'm thankful for my wife. There is so much in life I couldn't do without her. I'm also thnakful for Northwest Boxer Rescue for helping us adopt the bestest dog ever, Beyonce. She is always there to make me laugh and show me love when I need it, and when I don't.

To go along with Beyonce, I'm thankful for all the time I had with Foxy Brown while she was here. She was my best friend and I still think about her daily.
    [​IMG]
    This site and the people that are on it are amazing as well. When I moved to Portland I basically had a built in friend network from day 1. Big thanks to box_social, libbey, coach, leftoverburrito, teddyarrowhead, litheum94 for welcoming in when I got here. I have always done my best to welcome members of this site when they visit by offering to buy them beers and show them around or offer a place to stay. Beyond the real life friends I'm made here, the people of this site are awesome. Everyone is always so supportive, giving and just generally amazing. You guys all help me get through the day with laughs, insight and entertainment. At some point in my years on TB every single one of you has made my day at some point.

11. litheum94

litheum94

I don't usually participate in these, but I feel like I need to post in this one.

My mom lives in Paradise, CA. As many of you know, that town has been pretty much wiped out by fire. I think over 90% of structures there are gone, over 60 people are dead, and 600 are still listed as missing.

Last Thursday, as news of the fire started coming out, I tried calling my mom to see if she was ok. I could not get through, as all of the cell towers were overloaded. My aunt said that she last heard from my mom at 9:45 am that morning, and that she had to get out of her car and run to get away from the fire. For almost 5 hours that morning, I had not heard from my mom, nor my other aunt, who lived across the street from her. Suffice to say, that was the most terrifying 5 hours of my life. I basically sat on the couch and cried for all 5 hours, because the pictures coming out of Paradise were of devastation, and all I could picture was my mom getting caught in the flames. Even though I was crying that whole time, I somehow cried even more when I saw her name pop up on my caller ID, and heard her voice when I answered the phone. Hell, I'm crying as I type this.

There is a site that shows which houses/structures were affected by the fire. In a sea of red, you can zoom into my mom's neighborhood and see that both her house and my aunt's house are somehow still standing. All the other houses on her culdesac are gone. Yesterday, my mom got a call from a towing company. They have her car, and apparently, it is also somehow undamaged.

My mom has had a somewhat difficult life the past couple of decades. She was married to an emotionally abusive man (not my father), who made her feel like shit, and controlled every aspect of her life, including how much she could see my daughter, her only grandchild. He passed away about 4 years ago, and she has finally been able to live the life she wanted, including being closer to her grand daughter, and moving to Paradise to be closer to her sister.

So, I am thankful that through the destruction, my mom has somehow caught a break for once in her life. I am thankful that she is safe, that my aunt and uncle are safe. I am thankful that she did not lose her home, when so many (the vast majority of the town) have. I am thankful that I still have my mother, because I know a lot of people don't after this fire. I am not religious at all, but it sure as hell seems like something was watching over her last week.

Cheers.

12. BeerandNoise

BeerandNoise

This made me smile so big, happy to hear some positive news today.

13. screwyouguys

screwyouguys

This thanksgiving I have a lot to be thankful for
    First and for most my daughter Flora
    About this time last year my wife had pregnancy complications and had surgery the day before thanksgiving, coming home thanksgiving afternoon
    On bed rest for for next 4+ months

Def not looking to win any beer
    Just wanted to share what we are so thankful this year

14. benh123

benh123

I have so much to be thankful for. Though this week was a tough one for me, but it also puts a lot of things in perspective. I have a wife and 2 beautiful girls that I love very much, which I am so thankful for. This week though we had to put down my best friend, my guy, Marley.
    FB_IMG_1542412048019.jpg
    He lived a good life for a boxer and we couldn't of had a better dog, he was part our family. My kids dont know life without him. He was the best dog, perfect for us. FB_IMG_1542411949734.jpg so this Thanksgiving I'm most thankful for getting to spend almost 12 years with that crazy dog. abawol01 you're in for a real treat, not sure if you've ever had a boxer but I'll never own another breed of dog again in my life.

I'm also thankful for this site, whether it be the awesome bifs, trying to guess video games, and making beer something cool but at the same time making fun of what the scene has becomes. Before frequenting this site I thought the craft beer community was as crazy, chasing every beer then reselling etc. After all it's just beer, but you all make it fun.

15. screwyouguys

screwyouguys

Sorry to hear bout Marley
    But that slober In first pic
    Legit

16. abawol01

abawol01

Man, I'm really sorry to hear about Marley. He looks like he lived an amazing life with you!

Foxy Brown was a boxer ridgeback mix. We knew we were going to get another boxer after we had to put her down. They are, without a doubt, the best breed of dog ever. So much love and personality. Beyonce is so full of love, attitude and affection it's not containable. We love her so much.

17. BeersMorgan

BeersMorgan

I'm making adult decisions nowadays and I have to say like 5 years ago I never could've imagined this. I just proposed to my gf of 3+ years and we're having a baby due in June. I finally feel like things are falling into place.

(Except student loans, fuck you Sallie Mae/Navient)

I'm drinking and didn't phrase any of this eloquently but it is what it is, you guys get that I'm happy now.

Fun fact, that video was filmed in an apartment I lived in for a year and Robby Roadsteamer was my upstairs neighbor.

18. kbuzz

kbuzz

Exciting times man..congrats on that shit!

19. BeersMorgan

BeersMorgan

Thank you! Can't wait to be a dad

mborden, benh123, PepeSylvia and 2 others like this.
  20. PHBoiler

PHBoiler

Christmas season and Christmas movie season...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

mattafett, mborden and capnmike like this.