Six Degrees of talkbeer.com

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigDaddyPolite

Reaction score
I have to say one of the most fascinating things to me about this community of alcoholics beer aficionados is the strange overlap of social circles which seems to occur as I work my way through threads. I am frequently wondering how many of the people I know who I see interacting in threads have actually met each other.

For example, I would wager that I am the only member who has met MarkIntihar, BigTwin, and BigLobo in person (but chime in if I am wrong), and would also wager that those three probably make up about the best threesome to build an offensive line around on the site (and Mark is likely one of the very few members who could make the other two '"Big"s feel small by comparison).

Any other members find the Venn diagram of humanity in our community utterly intriguing?

I've met Mark before. That's saying something considering that I don't leave the loop between my house and work. He found out that I had a work function in Chicago and he hunted me down. Very gentle for a big guy. Would bang again. /10
Sounds fun, should I pencil him in?

I have to say one of the most fascinating things to me about this community of alcoholics beer aficionados is the strange overlap of social circles which seems to occur as I work my way through threads. I am frequently wondering how many of the people I know who I see interacting in threads have actually met each other.

For example, I would wager that I am the only member who has met MarkIntihar, BigTwin, and BigLobo in person (but chime in if I am wrong), and would also wager that those three probably make up about the best threesome to build an offensive line around on the site (and Mark is likely one of the very few members who could make the other two '"Big"s feel small by comparison).

Any other members find the Venn diagram of humanity in our community utterly intriguing?
Slept in biglobo8971's house, have hugged MarkIntihar. Have I met Bigtwin ??? Ive been drunk at Darkness Day twice so maybe?

Edit: just people who have replied to this so far that I've met lurchingbeast, minnesotaryan, JM03 besides those mentioned

I've met a couple in 2013, and looking forward to meeting more in '14.
MI Winter Beer Fest, MI Summer Beer Fest, Detroit Fall Beer Fest, Kuhnhenn Solstice parties, etc.

Then I can play this game in 2015. :)

Back