Sixpoint/Barcade beer project grand finale - Thursday March 6 - All Barcades

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbuddle

Reaction score
Thanks so much to Paul from Barcade for allowing me to post this over here. I hope he will join TB.com and see what a great community we are building.

That being said, I hope to see some familiar faces at Barcade Brooklyn March 6th :) This is going down at ALL Barcades, Thursday, March 6.

EVENT INFO:

For the past 2 years, Barcade has had the privilege of serving several retired beers from the Sixpoint Brewery. The beers have been re-releases of styles originally brewed by Sixpoint and served at Barcade in Brooklyn during 2004 and 2005. Both companies opened in 2004 and these were some of the first Sixpoint beers served at Barcade.

The Sixpoint Barcade Beer Project will be coming to an end in March. The final beer in the series will be Encore, a Belgian style Dubbel first released in early 2005. The previous beers in the series were East Coast Amber, S.M.P., Rebellion, Abigale, Black Soul and Bolshoi.

To celebrate the series, on Thursday March 6th, Sixpoint will be taking over all the taps at all three Barcade locations. 75 lines of Sixpoint will be running, including the "re-debut" (encore?) of Encore.

The beers:

BROOKLYN:
Bengali Tiger
Black Soul
Bolshoi
Braggot
Brothers Quinn Rauchbier
Brunswick Mumme
Crisp
Encore
Express 2009
Gorilla Warfare 2010
Gratzer
Harbinger
Hi-Res
Imperial Otis (cask)
Incredible Mild
Lichtenhamer
Old Redhooker
Otis
Resin
Righteous
Seison
Signal
Spice of Life Ella
Spice of Life Sorachi
Sweet Action

JERSEY CITY:
Autumnation
Bengali Tiger
Black Soul
Bolshoi
Braggot
Brothers Quinn Rauchbier
Brownstone
Brunswick Mumme
Crisp
Encore
Global Warmer
Gorilla Warfare
Gratzer
Hi-Res
Incredible Mild
Lichtenhamer
Old Redhooker
Otis
Resin
Righteous
Seison
Spice of Life Ella
Spice of Life Motueka
Sweet Action
TBD CASK

PHILADELPHIA:
Abigale
Beljam
Bengali Tiger
Black Soul
Bolshoi
Braggot
Brunswick Mumme
Crisp
Encore
Gorilla Warfare
Gruitbier
Hi-Res
Incredible Mild
Otis
Rebellion
Resin
Righteous
Seison
Signal
Spice of Life Ahtanum
Spice of Life Moteuka
Spice of Life Summer
Sweet Action
TBD CASK
TBD DRAFT

Totally down for this. Always wanted to try Bolshoi and Gorilla Warfare.

I havent tried the new batch of Bolshoi yet, even though it's been on tap since December I think. A few of us opened an '05 bottle a few months ago and it was actually still pretty damn good.

I havent tried the new batch of Bolshoi yet, even though it's been on tap since December I think. A few of us opened an '05 bottle a few months ago and it was actually still pretty damn good.
Has it been on tap in BK? Cause the last two recent tappings I've seen were only at JC. :(

Has it been on tap in BK? Cause the last two recent tappings I've seen were only at JC. :(

Yeah it's been on tap in BK for quite some time. It's been on the last few times I was there I just keep forgetting to order it. Looks like it's on right now, actually.

Yeah it's been on tap in BK for quite some time. It's been on the last few times I was there I just keep forgetting to order it. Looks like it's on right now, actually.
It's not bad. I enjoyed the new batch. I don't remember the original batch too well.

Hello, first post here. Thanks for the invite and for posting about our Sixpoint event.

Yes, Bolshoi is on tap now at all three of our bars. I believe we have 2 kegs left to tap in Brooklyn so the one that is on for the event will probably be the last for a while (we are stashing a few across our locations so it may show up from time to time at our anniversary or winter beer nights).

Paul, Barcade

Back