skateboarding

Discussion in 'Totally Off-Topic' started by Sam_Frank, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Sam_Frank

Sam_Frank

any craft beer shredders here?

dadavat, Stubs, DJPhresh and 6 others like this.
  2. housepants

housepants

emilio bump-stevez

3. regularjohn

regularjohn

i used to skate, did it for well over a decade...started when i was like 13 and did it for a long time. once i got a 'real' job i couldn't afford to anymore ya know what with getting hurt and all. i had so many injuries over the years but i wouldn't change anything for that, so much fun. probably the worst was when i fractured my ankle tryin to nollie heel some this oversized set...that shit was painful. i still try to keep up with new vid releases especially zero i always loved how they produced there stuff. i still have all the original vhs tapes of stuff like misled youth, sorry etc

also got my original nose bleed zero deck, the correy duffel foundation board when hes face planting, flip cheech and chong and some others. i'd never get rid of those i love them. lots of good memories there

4. domtronzero

domtronzero

I've got some cool skate stories. Had the OG Flip Cheech and Chong deck, and the OG Tom Penny Flip Mushy deck. Skating dominated my life for a good 8 years.

411 VM, Shortys Fulfill the Dream (and Church of Skatan - dat Metallica Battery intro) and Toy Machine's Welcome to Hell were and still are my faves.

xscottypx, DJPhresh, drbenzo and 5 others like this.
  5. domtronzero

domtronzero

Living vicariously? Got some stories? Or just bumpin and grindin for the lulz?

6. Minnesotaryan

Minnesotaryan

Always wanted to get good at skating, never could get my head around much more than ollies and shuvits. Snowboard a lot though, and even though I can't skate I feel skateboarding really influences how I ride on snow

domtronzero and FTowne like this.
  7. CommanderofAwesome

CommanderofAwesome

Right here. Why?

8. pgh_penguins

pgh_penguins

Still got my board in the garage. Can still heel flip, kick flip, varial kick flip and pop shove-it. It's been years since I actually skated though, maybe 6 or so.

9. buzzword

buzzword

went skating last Saturday. still landing varial flips, shuvits, FS and BS 180s, and ollieing 5 stairs. was sore as shit the next 4 days. can still spin 3flips but can't land them. probably in my head.

10. pgh_penguins

pgh_penguins

I get confused with 3 flips lol. I love board sliding/grinding for some reason. That's probably my favorite trick to do.

domtronzero likes this.
  11. regularjohn

regularjohn

as much as i love the classic videos i was blown away by mind field. this was so well done. and heath always kills it

12. buzzword

buzzword

if you can still do varial flips, just move your back foot a tiny bit out so you scoop the tail more, and move your front foot back a bit so it spins more - kinda hard to explain.

13. pgh_penguins

pgh_penguins

Oh were you referring to a 360 flip? I for some reason thought you meant like a triple kick or heel flip lol.

14. regularjohn

regularjohn

i was never great with tre flips but when it came to like switch heel flips or nollie heels i can hit them, it was more or less the footing and how i shifted my weight. which is why i was so comfortable with switch and nollie, but some flip tricks i was never really super light on my feet. but i was more into doing big gaps and stairs, i was never really great at techy stuff

buzzword likes this.
  15. pgh_penguins

pgh_penguins

My favorite.

16. regularjohn

regularjohn

yeah man rodney was great, i remember watching him and daewon song growing up and was just in awe of the stuff they would do. other honorable mentions arto saari, geoff rowley, andrew reynolds, chris cole, corey duffle, ali boulala, jamie thomas, tom penny, chris haslam, jim greco, marc johnson, chad muska. man the list goes on...so many greats that just killed it. i met chad muska at manny mania in brooklyn a few years ago..dude is so down to earth and humble

civicsitodamax and tacosandbeer like this.
  17. Der Fuchs

Der Fuchs Previously kuemmelbrau

Christian Hosoi
    Rodney Mullens
    Danny Way

FTowne likes this.
  18. FTowne

FTowne

This was my first pro board that I owned...WAY BACK:
    [​IMG]

I'm talking like mid-80's. Fuck, I'm old. I skated from around age 11 to age 17. I've got the bad knees, wrists, and scars to show for it.

I still remember when this board came out, and it completely changed how everyone skated. This was the first "double tail" board. Back before this, the noses of the boards weren't much of anything.
    [​IMG]

19. housepants

housepants

If this thread were a child, it was one Sam_Frank had and left on the side of the road on his way to getting some delicious looking mexican food. I come along and see the child, bring it back to life, and deliver happiness to all of the skateboarders on TB.

I'll probably watch some vids.

[​IMG]

20. hamburger

hamburger

Just came across this a bit ago. Pretty rad. Still push around some.

rrrjjj, Sam_Frank and PurityControl88 like this.