SoCal Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrVonzipper

Reaction score
Hey guys. I have a little request and could use any help possible. Monday I have a final interview for somewhat of a dream job with a respected brewery as a SoCal rep. I want to go in as well prepared as possible with as much info as possible.

If you guys can throw out crafts beer bars, stores, etc. from all over SoCal that you guys are either aware of or love I'd greatly appreciate it. Obviously I know spots around me and other spots here that there throughout SoCal, but anything helps. Especially from the best and the wisest like everyone is here. If you guys happen to have any contacts, references, ect. for spots that's be even more help. Again, anything helps.

Cheers and Thanks!!

My favorite local store is Olive Tree Market in Ocean Beach. Mike is the manager there and responsible for bringing craft beer there before it was popular. He even went through the pain of opening up a small tasting room that I am sure is more for the customers than for the profit (only fits about 12 people and has 1 tap, with 8 other beers from bottles). Due to dramatic changes in the beer scene OTM gets over looked a fair amount as he does not have the volume to keep up with new beer stores, or even convenience stores that are now on the band wagon. However, he continues to expand the beer area and keep high quality (over hyped) beer on the shelves (I can easily pick up some shelf lambic, gose, or Berliner when ever I want).

Good luck in your new job!

Main Tap Tavern in El Cajon has been doing well in the local-ish craft beer scene and is one of my favorite bars in east county SD. The beer manager's name is Randy. You can get in touch with him and tell him I told you about the bar.

Good luck on the interview!

In Riverside (my old hometown), there's a restaurant called The Salted Pig that has consistently had top notch beer there since they opened three years ago, and they did it in Riverside where you can't have nice things. Also there is a great bottle shop, La Bodega.
What part of SoCal? Good luck man!

In Riverside (my old hometown), there's a restaurant called The Salted Pig that has consistently had top notch beer there since they opened three years ago, and they did it in Riverside where you can't have nice things. Also there is a great bottle shop, La Bodega.
What part of SoCal? Good luck man!
Ive heard good things about The Salted Pig. Couldn't have a better name by the way. Id literally be sharing ALL SoCal with one other current rep.

As far as Orange County, I personally like Mr. K's in Placentia, Hollingsheads in Orange, Hi Times in Costa Mesa, Amazing Grapes in Rancho Santa Margarita and O'Shea's in Laguna Niguel. Good luck!

Ive heard good things about The Salted Pig. Couldn't have a better name by the way. Id literally be sharing ALL SoCal with one other current rep.
Where does Socal stop? If you get into San Luis Obispo county (which I doubt, because breweries hate us) I got all the spots you need to know.

Where does Socal stop? If you get into San Luis Obispo county (which I doubt, because breweries hate us) I got all the spots you need to know.
I was told, basically up to mammoth. But down here around LA is actually their number one market in the country. My main focus will start down here. But I'll definitely be in touch when it's time to expand up there. Thanks.

Ask them why they hate me please?
I can be a friend to you...
B44248EB-AE07-4A2B-8FF8-04E98F200ACD.gif

Back