Soft Coolers, Carry Bags, etc.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JulianB1

Reaction score
Looking for recommendations for a new soft cooler/bag to take to bottle shares, preferably something that's got a shoulder strap. Anyone have some examples they are particularly fond of?

Available at www.firestonebeer.com I own and love this product.

Holds two growlers easily or 3-4 large bottles without any trouble.

coolerbag.jpg

http://www.firestonebeer.com/shop/index.php?category=26

Last edited:
Consider getting a backpacky thing (this is the one I have):

http://www.target.com/p/igloo-maxcold-maxpack-cooler-black-w-gray/-/A-15373015

Having the second strap isn’t anywhere near as metrosexual as a single strap but it makes all the difference in the world when you’re hauling a bunch of bottles and growlers from a parking lot half that’s much too far from your destination. And all the extra pockets and bits are great for bringing glassware, water, etc.

Consider getting a backpacky thing (this is the one I have):

http://www.target.com/p/igloo-maxcold-maxpack-cooler-black-w-gray/-/A-15373015

Having the second strap isn’t anywhere near as metrosexual as a single strap but it makes all the difference in the world when you’re hauling a bunch of bottles and growlers from a parking lot half that’s much too far from your destination. And all the extra pockets and bits are great for bringing glassware, water, etc.

They have this bag at my local Target, how is it in terms of volume? I'm thinking I may just grab this so I have something for Huna Day, then look for another option later.

I'm a fan of the bags the Bruery handed out last year for Reserve.

Yeah some of my friends have this, really nice.

Available at www.firestonebeer.com I own and love this product.

Holds two growlers easily or 3-4 large bottles without any trouble.

coolerbag.jpg

http://www.firestonebeer.com/shop/index.php?category=26
I've wanted to bite the bullet on this numerous times, but that shipping cost kills me. I might just go ahead and do it though, since I don't really have a viable way to transport bottles anymore.

Supposedly the Costco cooler bags that are available a few times a year are amazing, fit a ****-ton, and only like $6.

I've wanted to bite the bullet on this numerous times, but that shipping cost kills me. I might just go ahead and do it though, since I don't really have a viable way to transport bottles anymore.

Supposedly the Costco cooler bags that are available a few times a year are amazing, fit a ****-ton, and only like $6.

Whole Foods bag I posted above will do the same as that FSW bag.

I also have the Costco cooler. Overall a good product, but a bit too large when only packing a couple bottles for a small share. It's absolutely perfect for trips to Alpine, for example, as it can easily hold two growlers plus a bunch of bombers. Additionally, the zippers on it are cheap and break fairly easily, but for the price tag it's still a steal.

Is it an actual cooler bag or just a messenger-sorta manpurse?

It has the lining of a cooler bag but yeah totally looks like a man purse because I swing it over my shoulder when I take it somewhere. Surprisingly big and keeps my **** cool.

Sweet, I'll roll over there after work and check it out. If it's too stylish I'll go and get the FSW one.

Not quite sure how it'll help, but someone can goanpickitupforyoubro if they sell it in the little swag section at the Buellton Taproom because someone among us is planning a pilgrimage for the Parabola release on the 21st.

www.amazon.com

Not quite sure how it'll help, but someone can goanpickitupforyoubro if they sell it in the little swag section at the Buellton Taproom because someone among us is planning a pilgrimage for the Parabola release on the 21st.
Oh **** yeah that would rule. I'll let you know what happens.

Oh **** yeah that would rule. I'll let you know what happens.

Their store is on the smaller side, but it would be weird for them not to have cooler bags, I think.
But a friend and I are definitely heading up. $10 vertical Parabola flights? Sign me up!
So yeah, let me know if you need me to check for you when I'm there.

This thing held five 1 liter and 2 x 2 liter growlers from Hillf Armstud.

Also fit an entire case of Hedly Toddler in it.

It collapses down to the size of a big book and can't weighs like 2 pounds. $30, I love it.

Back