Some introductions

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by MULDER1010, Oct 1, 2013.

Help Support TalkBeer Community by donating:

1. pjs234

pjs234

Hello all! My name is Paul. I was on the other site and still have the same user name. I was pretty active in the New England forum and, needless to say, am a pretty big homer for NEBCO. Either way, i was getting pretty annoyed with the heavy handed moderation on the other site and the most recent headlines was kinda the last straw. I spent about 5 minutes scanning through the forums here, seeing all the others that I used to see post rather frequently, and I signed up. Looking forward to staying here for the long haul....

jivex5k, Previously, EnjoyBy and 4 others like this.
  2. mixed_master7

mixed_master7

Since I haven't introduced myself yet.

I'm Mixed_Master7 and I'm here to win trades.

That about sums it up.

jivex5k, thomasaurus rex and Romulux like this.
  3. beerandraiderfan

beerandraiderfan

Will definitely give you the heads up. Wish there was a legitimate place to meet up on North Shore. . .

jivex5k likes this.
  4. CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy

I'll have to move up there or the West Shore eventually and create one.

jivex5k and beerandraiderfan like this.
  5. beerandraiderfan

beerandraiderfan

When you compare the prices on the West/South, the property taxes, the state income taxes, and general ass-hattery on the West/South side. . .

North Shore seems quite affordable, relatively speaking. No state income tax is huge, for me at least.

jivex5k likes this.
  6. CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy

Painstakingly aware. Unfortunately (kind of ;)) I don't work in NV, but hope to get some entrepreneurial endeavors rolling over there down the road. Incline is mostly pretty stupid for real estate prices as well, and a lot less usable land, but I do hate living and working in the South Shore. Shitting where I'm eating.

What ass-hattery do you speak of on the West Shore? Can't be the same ass-hattery of the South Shore. The West seems pretty chill to me. Smug perhaps, but fuck if I care. Not looking to have neighbors on top of me/live in Squaw Village/any community.

jivex5k likes this.
  7. beerandraiderfan

beerandraiderfan

No doubt, the South wins the asshattery award hands down. The west seems to have that smugness and awareness they are the 'cool' shore on the CA side. . .

But hey, we're all rubes and hillbililes on the other sides of the lake, so its like pick your expensive poison I guess. The beauty on all 4 sides makes up for it though.

jivex5k and CharlieMurphy like this.
  8. OldLady

OldLady

Howdy! Another Matt joining. Was a BA member since 2006 but voluntarily retired last October. Excited to have discovered this site. Missed the community and participation in local threads. Been reading through for only short time but site looks fantastic. See some familiar names as well. Nicely done!

jivex5k, thomasaurus rex and FTowne like this.
  9. Char005

Char005

My name is Charlie, same handle as the other site. Only posted when I felt the assholery was getting out of hand so was often deleted. Glad to be on a site that seems more 'Merican. I love to homebrew as well, been doing it fairly frequently for fove years. Biggest beer revelation is finally trying the hyped beers from other site and realizing I prefer locals and my hombrews over most. Let's go Bucs.

jivex5k, tyler, CharlieMurphy and 3 others like this.
  10. 1v1willwreku

1v1willwreku

There can only be one.

Unless we are talking about The 6th Day

jivex5k and FTowne like this.
  11. Alt_Mann

Alt_Mann

I'm Alt_Mann and I came across this website probably like many of you - typing "Rick Astley gifs?" into Google and then hitting "I'm Feeling Lucky". After I read about the oldp0rt business I decided to join up, although I haven't quit the other site.

I have never traded for beer, but as of a few months ago realized how funny the Beer Trading section of the other site was, and would check in daily. I never posted, but I lurked and enjoyed for months. Then suddenly everyone was gone over there and ended up over here, so here I am. Keep up the good work.

12. Envelopes

Envelopes

13. MordorMongo

MordorMongo

Hehehehe melee.

Melee has not once been spoken by an actual bad ass....fact.

[​IMG]

sliverx and Envelopes like this.
  14. ducktree

ducktree

Morning, I am Josh from DC metro, and was turned on to this site by some fellow beer geeks on a Phish board that has a friendly beer community of its own. Have used BA for ratings, but never for discussion, and didn't even bother to register there because I was told BT is way better. Look forward to discussing brews, making trades, and sharing good times in person. Cheers!!

15. backfat

backfat

16. Der Fuchs

Der Fuchs

[​IMG] ?

Been kind of cold lately...

17. ThatOneChick

ThatOneChick

You can talk , you just can not hear anything because the air rushing past your body is sooooo loud(think sticking your head out the window of a car going 75 on the freeway) but as soon as you reach terminal velocity everything evens out and talking is no problem.