Sony VS Knee Deep

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Knee Deep should get North Korea to hack them again.

Those emails re: Angelina Jolie were most enjoyable

giphy.gif

Isn’t there some sort of parody clause in situations like this? Seems like this would fall under that umbrella.

I've always wondered about the breweries doing Star Wars parodies. You'd think Disney's lawyer group would be chomping at the C+D bit.

I've always wondered about the breweries doing Star Wars parodies. You'd think Disney's lawyer group would be chomping at the C+D bit.

Like when this transition happened (though i don't think it was Disney owned at this point)

new-glarus-imperial-stout-trooper.png

imperial_stout_trooper.png

Edit:

It happened to NEBCO over Imperial Stout Trooper. Hence the groucho glasses on the label now

Beat me to it

Yeah, I remember the Imperial Stout Trooper situation. There's been a lot of Star Wars beers lately since the release of The Last Jedi and I figured Disney would be all over them.

DRCGR7QVAAA67mj.jpg

Here's a local example. I know there was a California (?) brewery that did ones with Rey and Kylo on them, too.

Maybe since they're one offs that don't hit retail breweries figure they're fine.

I noticed Austin Beerworks changed their Heisenberg can this year to a lot more generic. Maybe they saw this coming down the pipeline or got a call?

Old:

d74d49be9e7130529f7848dfcd3464df.jpg

New:

There's literally no references to the show on the new can besides the green color of the logo and the name now.

Back